Nicole Kidman As The White Witch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Specter

Meeting the World
Staff member
Knight of the Noble Order
Royal Guard
What are your thoughts on Nicole Kidman as the White Witch.

After much deliberation, I think that she just may fit the role pretty well. We'll see.

Hmm... she'd be okay, I guess. I was just watching Moulin Rouge and she was a great Satine, and she's been awesome in anything else I've seen her in.

But I have to say the actress I really, really want to see cast as Jadis/White Witch is Michelle Pfieffer. I came out of the theater after watching White Oleander and immediately informed my mother that she was the perfect actress to play the White Witch. (my mom had no idea what I was talking about, though)

I really like the idea of Nicole Kidman as the White Witch b/c she'll be believable as at first being nice but I could see her having a crazy mean side. Another good actress to play the White Witch would be Cate Blanchett... I mean she had that whole scary thing going on in part of Lord of the Rings and I could really see her pulling it off like that.

Not Cate Blanchett, unless they'd really change her look completely. It would confuse fans of both series.

Well obviously don't keep her in the elf costume... but she has to ability to be both alluring and frightening at the same time, and she has the fair complextion that I always pictured while reading the books.

I love the idea of Kidman playing the White Witch. I think she has it in her to be seductive and cold and evil at the same time. Plus the fact that I think she's hot. lol

It's too bad that it's turned out to be a false rumor. :(

Yeah that sucks. Oh well. As long as they don't cast Angelica Houston, I think I'll be ok. :D

It would be interesting if they cast some completely unknown actress as the White Witch. Not only could it be the start of a brilliant career for the lucky gal, but it would be better for the movie, too. With a well-known actress, all her famous former roles would make her portrayal of the White Witch seem just a teensy bit false, because you keep thinking of all her other movies and that the Witch is just another role. With a new person, you might actually be able to trick yourself into thinking she is the White Witch(if you're good at doublethink ;) ).

But whoever they cast, I'm sure she'll fill the bill.

Oh, yeah! Unknowns are the best! LOTR had a lot of unknowns (they were unknown until they were on LOTR <_< ) and it really helped me when I watched FOTR for the first time. I can't stand thinking of actors and characters as the same person, and I'm really good at pretending otherwise. ;)

i think nicole would be great to play the white witch to bad the movie is already out!!
damn oh well im to lazy to hold a grudge.
lol :p :D

According to the Official Illustrated Movie Companion, and if someone's already posted this I'm sorry, but Walden Media NEVER even contacted Kidman. I'm glad that they didn't use her. Tilda Swinton did a SUPERB job!

Well, she shows up again in Nephew. Even though that's undoubtedly several years down the road, I hope they can get Tilda again to play Jadis. It'll be a much richer role.

Come to think of it, there's no reason they couldn't overlap production a bit with one of the other ones - there's essentially no "person" overlap between Nephew and any of the others, so you wouldn't have to worry about actors. (That's true of Horse as well). Of course, the behind-the-scenes talent would be the scarce resource. I'd rather have them take their time and do it well!

The rumor was they saw Andrew Andamson getting into an helicopter and they thought it was Nicole Kidman, so instantly they thought she must be playing the White Witch!

hahaha lol! thats great! i think she would have done an allright job but i think tilda was the best for the part

well, both michelle and nicole are good actresses, but tilda did very good job...other two are very soft, and i think that they 'd probablly need a lot to change, although i think that michelle is pretty close to tilda than nicole...however, chosing tuilda swinton for role of jadis was bingo...although shes evil, i loved her as white witch...so i presume that shell be in magician nepfew, as well as in The silver chair... :)

I have also read upon that rumor,about Nicole being the white witch....
But i guess i like tilda more.
I think she would be dreadful being the white witch...
How about the green witch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back