My insane poetry and songs

What do you think of my insane poetry and songs?

• They're hilarious!

Votes: 13 92.9%
  • They're okay.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too insane for my liking.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • They're terrible!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ladies and gentlemen, here is my latest poem! I wrote it for our dear Gondorgirl, who has a habit of eating everything in sight. It references some real donations from the thread, as well as some things I just made up. :D

Enjoy!

Gobbling GG

GG ate Miss Freckles’ diary,
And thought that it was good,
So she started eating random things,
Everything she could

MF donated a table and chairs,
New donations followed
GG devoured Shrek and Twilight,
Gagging as she swallowed

The nasty flavors of the gross things
That unfeeling people offered
Were not enough to keep GG from
Accepting what was proffered

People also gave her nice things,
That were tasty to consume
Yet tasty foods and pleasant things
Could not fill the empty room

Hungry as ever, she devoured
Things hated or loved alike,
She rid the world of miseries,
Yet she also ate dear Mike

Along with countless other Duffers,
He descended to her tummy,
She went on to eat some other ones,
Thinking it was funny

She ate the universe several times,
Thinking it would fill her up,
But once she gulped it down,
She drank the ocean in a cup

The black hole in her stomach
Engulfed all the things she ate,
No matter how much she consumed,
She still had to fill her plate.

If she won an award for eating lots,
She’d celebrate with jelly
And all the world would cheer
From the depths inside her belly

If she didn’t eat the trophy first,
She might set it on a shelf,
But only if she didn't first
Decide to eat herself!​

THAT is BRILLIANT. *dies laughing* I love the rhyme and the lilting meter – it savors of Seuss and Veggietales and the slight irony a bit of Chesterton (and believe you me, that is high praise). My favorite verse is "Hungry as ever, she devoured / Things hated or loved alike, / She rid the world of miseries, / Yet she also ate dear Mike", but the first three verses and the last are just as good.
I do have a critique for the sixth verse. You used 'other' twice, and because the verses are short, it stands out. I'm not entirely sure what I'd use in place of it; perhaps we should talk about it.

That is... Man, that is beyond words. XD You've made me so incredibly happy, me, with my own poem. :p

Just one addition, I ate Slp's diary first, you don't know dear SlpNarniaQueen, she's not around anymore. :(

Thanks for the comments, everyone! ^.^

THAT is BRILLIANT. *dies laughing* I love the rhyme and the lilting meter – it savors of Seuss and Veggietales and the slight irony a bit of Chesterton (and believe you me, that is high praise). My favorite verse is "Hungry as ever, she devoured / Things hated or loved alike, / She rid the world of miseries, / Yet she also ate dear Mike", but the first three verses and the last are just as good.
I do have a critique for the sixth verse. You used 'other' twice, and because the verses are short, it stands out. I'm not entirely sure what I'd use in place of it; perhaps we should talk about it.

Wow. Thanks! I didn't know it was that good. :p
I think I'll just reconstruct the 6th verse to fix the problem.

How about:

"Along with countless other Duffers,
He descended to her tummy,
She went on to eat some more of them,
Thinking it was funny"

That is... Man, that is beyond words. XD You've made me so incredibly happy, me, with my own poem.

Just one addition, I ate Slp's diary first, you don't know dear SlpNarniaQueen, she's not around anymore. :(

Yay! :D I'm so glad that you like it!!!!

Ah, yes. I remember hearing about that. The reason I used MF is because that's how she introduced the kitchen thread. :p

MissR, you could say "further" instead of "other" in the sixth stanza.

But the poem is great! And I'm glad to be 'dear'. :D

A year or two ago, my sister and I had an idea for a song called "It's the Most Stressful Time of the Year". This year, I was inspired to actually write the thing, and had one of the characters in my NaNo novel make it up. It's kind of awful, but I thought I'd share it anyway.

Of course, it is sung to the tune of "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year". :D

It's the Most Stressful Time of the Year

It's the most stressful time of the year
With the toys quickly selling
And everyone telling you "Buy your gifts here"

It's the cra-craziest season of all
With those gifts that need sending and kids who need tending
When friends come to call
It's the cra- craziest season of all

There'll be parties to run to,
That you can’t stay through,
And getting stuck out in the snow
There’ll be last minute shopping
And messes for mopping
Oh, look, there’s some spilled cookie dough!

There'll be hard lessons for learning
And the turkey is burning
And the in-laws are HERE!!!!

There'll be parties to run to,
That you can’t stay through,
And getting stuck out in the snow
There’ll be last minute shopping
And messes for mopping
Oh, look, there’s some spilled cookie dough!

There'll be hard lessons for learning
And the turkey is burning
And the in-laws are HERE!!!!
It's the most stressful time
It's the most stressful time of the year!”

Getting stuck in the snow is never fun -- although, when I was younger, I enjoyed opportunities to be the good guy, digging out or pushing out OTHERS who got stuck. And the very subject brings back to my mind the experience my first wife Mary once had before she knew me, when HER car was stuck, and a stranger came to her aid so mysteriously that she was always certain afterwards that God literally sent him.

Getting stuck in the snow is never fun -- although, when I was younger, I enjoyed opportunities to be the good guy, digging out or pushing out OTHERS who got stuck. And the very subject brings back to my mind the experience my first wife Mary once had before she knew me, when HER car was stuck, and a stranger came to her aid so mysteriously that she was always certain afterwards that God literally sent him.
I have never gotten stuck in the snow, since we never get enough snow here to get stuck in. :p But I am sure that it must be a frightening and very unpleasant experience.

After a long poetry/song-writing hiatus, I have written a new song, entitled "The Pig of Doom". With the correctly placed evil laughter, it's a real treat. :rolleyes:

First for some backstory:
My little sister really likes pigs. They've been her favorite animal since she was two or three, and she has an abundance of pig stuffed animals. One of these is a full-size pillow pet. Here's a picture of one, which I pulled off the internet, so that you can know what it looks like.

The Pig of Doom thing started a few days ago when I went upstairs to tell my younger siblings that it was time for dinner. I can't remember why, but I was carrying Gilbert, the pillow pet pig, with me. I decided that he should be the one to convey the message, so after some wonderfully terrible evil laughter, he declared in a loud voice that the pig of doom decreed that it was dinner time. My siblings might have been upset to have their play interrupted otherwise, but they were so entertained by Gilbert's evil laughter that it was not an issue.

My little sister was so immensely entertained by Gilbert's newly discovered alter-ego that, when I was babysitting her yesterday afternoon, she wanted me to have him sing a song about his Doomfullness. I made it up as I went along, and she loved it. Unfortunately, I couldn't remember anything but the lyrics which make up the first stanza, so today we came up with ideas for the current song:

The Pig of Doom

With a crash and a bang
And a boom, boom, boom,
You'd better watch out,
‘Cause I’m the pig of Doom

When I was a kid,
It bothered me
That there weren't any
Porcine villains on TV

“Follow your dreams,”
Is what people said,
Which got the idea
Stuck in my head:

To be the best worst
Pig in the world!

As Doomfull as
My tail is curled,
I’m the best worst
Pig in the world!

When I left home,
I grew in fame,
“The Pig of Doom”
Became my name

Wherever I go,
People run in fear,
They hide in their homes
When I draw near

When I swoop in
With my shining sword
They plead for mercy
In one accord

I burnt up planets
And razed whole cities
To earn these kinds
Of lauding ditties

As Doomfull as
My tail is curled,
I’m the best worst
Pig in the world!

With a crash and a bang
And a boom, boom, boom,
You’d better watch out,
‘Cause I’m the Pig of Doom!

Last edited:
I printed off two copies of the poem. My dad was downstairs, and I let him read it. He was quite amused. A few minutes later, he came upstairs to find me showing it to my older sister (Celebrilomiel here on the forum), and declared, "You have made a song go through my head."

It turns out that while driving home, he had been listening to a CD we gave him for Christmas. The last song was "Jesus Saves", and the refrain, "Jesus saves, Jesus saves...", was going through his head. Thanks to me, that changed to "Pig of doom, pig of doom..." :D

I love your family. :D

I suffer from a similar problem, though. Whenever I hear "Joy to the World," I have trouble not thinking of the anti-Barney version.

I love your family. :D

I suffer from a similar problem, though. Whenever I hear "Joy to the World," I have trouble not thinking of the anti-Barney version.
Thank you. :D You do too. ;) I'm glad to know that you like to hear stories about my family, just like I enjoy hearing about yours.

I've never heard the anti-Barney version. xD But I've experienced similar things, where I hear a parody song to the same tune, and have trouble separating them in your mind. ;)

Back