The Duffer Encyclopedia, 2nd Edition

thread killah

Also known as TK, also known as Thread Killer. thread killahs are humans, mostly, although Shakespearian (according to Lieke) and Waldo are also guilty. thread killahs (Olorin is a noted human example) unquestionably deserve punishment, but should not be treated with undue harshness. That is, it would be inappropriate for them to be imprisoned in mf's cell when she is practicing her bassoon.

Note to readers: The lack of capitals in "thread killah" is only out of deference for Freckles. The other writers of this Encyclopedia remain committed to the cause of proper capitalization.

Last edited:
---, A Brief Geography of deNile: On Why Lady Dernhelm is Queen of Duffers; Why The Beard is Pink; and Why Maid Lossëndil Is No Tree.

How did I not notice this? Publishing known falsehoods is a crime, worthy of the Great Condemnation. That is, being forced to spend a day babysitting the DLF.

Rable-Lloonie Publisher Inc., A.C.W., Death in Dufferland - Its Causes and Notable Impermanenc.

*looks at above post and eats cheese*

Hey, I didn't publish that book! Go talk to Dr. Rable-Loonie or whoever it was! *indignant stamp of foot*

Sorry about the typo. I copy-and-pasted, not paying much attention... :p

I figured this was a good place to do this. I often like to have that link in my siggy that explains where The GG came from, now I have links to explain better.

Once upon a time there was a thread called CharnTim. The reason for the origin of the thread CharnTim is all but forgotten but it lived on for a long time due to PotW turning it into an impromptu RPG. He was a dad driving his children on a cross country trip and all of us were his children. Many memorable duffers were involved in this, I remember RF and Slp specifically. Slp and I were sisters (with a lot of other sisters of course) and she was always trying to read through the whole trip. I was a hyper sister always trying to cause trouble and steal her books. Well once (I believe we were at an amusement park) I got extremely bored of just stealing her books...

http://i33.tinypic.com/2v13u3a.jpg
http://i35.tinypic.com/4gnr6q.jpg
http://i36.tinypic.com/2wfuzvs.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/15g8i78.jpg

and so it began. And grew. And now you can help feed the ever growing appetite in my Kitchen. and I have been immortalized in the words of this Poem so really, I feel like such an accomplished Duffer. It's a dream come true. :') *Happy tears*

*Eats the Duffer Encyclopedia*

Banana, The Lonely

Separated from his bunch at a young age, the Lonely Banana presumably suffers from post-traumatic stress syndrome and severe depression. When seen in Dufferland he is usually weeping, and his tears have been known to cause universal floods. Despite these severe internal struggles, he has begun campaigning worldwide for the rights of bananas (insensitive people suggest that he is attempting involvement as a cure for his depression, at Lucy Van Pelt's advice).

Those who see the Lonely Banana are advised to treat him with kindness and concern. He is, after all, very lonely, and rudeness to him can initiate storms of tears, potentially leading to another worldwide flood.

Attachments

• imgad.jpg
    imgad.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
Banana, The Lonely

Separated from his bunch at a young age, the Lonely Banana presumably suffers from post-traumatic stress syndrome and severe depression. When seen in Dufferland he is usually weeping, and his tears have been known to cause universal floods. Despite these severe internal struggles, he has begun campaigning worldwide for the rights of bananas (insensitive people suggest that he is attempting involvement as a cure for his depression, at Lucy Van Pelt's advice).

Those who see the Lonely Banana are advised to treat him with kindness and concern. He is, after all, very lonely, and rudeness to him can initiate storms of tears, potentially leading to another worldwide flood.

It is you who runs his facebook page, right, Glen? :D

I'm his technology coordinator, so it falls within my purview.

Wait... Lucy Van Pelt? The PEANUTS character?

She's a wonderful *coughcough* psychologist. Remember A Charlie Brown Christmas? Also, she's very inexpensive, and it's hard to pay for a high-priced psychologist when you're busy saving the bananas of the world from being turned into banana bread.

Aha. I thought so, Glen. I have really been enjoying the banana posts on that page. :D The pictures you find are just brilliant. :D

I was inspired by Hyper's thread to collect previous writing on the topic. Still in progress, though I could now refer you to post #3 of this thread. Any suggestions are immensely welcomed!

I think you got all the ones that I'm aware of. And it's high time we put it into the Encyclopedia. Here's hoping that our dufferly descendents may suffer from less pre-duffer confusion than we did. *toasts with cheese*

IDAR

Insane, Disturbed, And Random, a disease first contracted by Holyboy, as noticed by Dead Rain, a fellow duffer. The disease seems to have spread since those early years, and is now quite the epidemic.

~Lossëndil.

When I think of HB, two words come to mind: "insane" and "disturbed." And no matter what happends, HB, you will ALWAYS be those to things. Sometimes you are even funny. But the word "crazy"... I do not believe that it discribes you very well. "Random" helps, but not "crazy." Insane, disturbed, and random. That's what you are, HB.

"IDAR," it's the disease that HB has contracted. Hopefully, it doesn't spread much.

~DR

Last edited:
Back