The Duffer Encyclopedia, 2nd Edition

Whatever, WarriSat. Or is it WorrySat?

Freckslipicon, you need an appointment with a therapist. (Not Dr. Byrne.)

Why? I'm just having fun with words :( Shakespeare did it all the time, and would you make him see a therapist? (Don't answer that.)

The only one here who has cause to complain about their name is Prof. Dr. dipl. O. Rable-Lloonie.

Shakespeare, the guy who wrote Titus Andronicus? Yes, I would absolutely make him see a therapist.

Rable-Lloonie didn't have to add all of those titles to the front of his name, which isn't any harder to spell than Sturnidae Starling's. It's his ego that causes most of his problems.

Since Lossilition hasn't been around in a while, I went ahead and edited her encyclopedia post to add Freckles' article on editing.

You may all now clap your support for irony. The article on WS's lost trousers has also been added.

Last edited:
Glenburne's "Making Fun of Telmarines" :p
How do you know Telmarines aren't fat? I can only suppose they must have scales. Interesting. Do they weigh their candy on them? (Not saltwater taffy, I'm assuming. That might give them nightmares.)

I've since edited this post, because, well, now, I am fat. *sigh*

Since Lossilition hasn't been around in a while, I went ahead and edited her encyclopedia post to add Freckles' article on editing.

You may all now clap your support for irony. The article on WS's lost trousers has also been added.

Glad we have a useful mod around. Saves me the trouble of going back and reading through many a post trying to find what entries I've missed. :rolleyes:

Joking

Joking is the exact opposite of Duffering. Jokes require one to take serious things lightly. Duffering, on the other hand, requires one to be serious about unserious things.

It would be easier and more grammatical to say "light things." However, only the Can and Duffer Sun have very much light. It's a terrible problem, the lack of light sources in Dufferland. Our electricity usually only comes on to kill people.

Last edited:
I can officially retire and leave this in your good hands. As long as you don't let the DLR hack your account and wreak havoc. You better not. There will be blood to pay if anyone disrupts the nicely ordered encyclopedia entries.

Lossiful, marriage is no excuse for retirement. The Duffer lawn needs some shade. I will most happily stop editing the Encyclopedia if you will get your leafy self back to the forum.

This message has been sponsored by DLF Auto Insurance. If we can't bust it, you can't build it. Thank you.

Lossiful, marriage is no excuse for retirement. The Duffer lawn needs some shade. I will most happily stop editing the Encyclopedia if you will get your leafy self back to the forum.

This message has been sponsored by DLF Auto Insurance. If we can't bust it, you can't build it. Thank you.

No, just fairies. Or faeries, faeren, Fair Folk, and so on. People frequently confuse fairies with automobiles (thus their frustration at what they call "traffic jams," when those with eyes to see are amazed at all the leprechauns, satyrs, and hippogriffs meandering across the highway).

(And of course, all the leprechauns, satyrs, and hippogriffs are there to help the fairies collect berries from the traffick bush... it goes beautifully with toast.)

This made me laugh out loud. :D

Yeah, they are painfully intrusive these things called "life," mine was forced upon me with packaged overtime included. I could not escape (read it es-cop-pe) it; it chased me around like the DLF chases Glen.

Back