The TDL Couple

This is Natalie (previously MrsKeynes x3). When my family made plans to visit my brother in Florida (he’s in the air force and travels around), I knew it was the perfect opportunity to finally meet Adam. My parents knew how much this meant to me, and they literally drove me to St. Augustine (about an hour and half from Adam) so we could meet up. He rented a hotel near my family’s hotel, and I remember the exact moment I saw him. His face lit up and I knew this was the boy I loved and would love forever. We were both so nervous and excited, and exploring St. George Street together was by far the best moment of my life up until that point. I remember us eating at a little pizza shop and a stranger had come up and whispered something into his ear. Adam wouldn’t tell me what he said until weeks afterward. The man had told Adam to hold my hand.
Everything about the trip was beautiful and romantic, and it was incredibly sad for me driving back to Ohio. In the weeks that followed, I did everything I could to find a place to stay in Adam’s town, and I applied to colleges in the area. What’s weird is how easy things seemed to fall into place after that. I enrolled where Adam went to, and I found a lovely place to rent right down the street from his home. My parents loved Adam and knew he would make me happy, and they did everything they could do to help.
This forum changed my life, and I feel immeasurably grateful for this. When I first met Adam online, I began having doubts about life and God. Five years later, I can’t help but feel that meeting Adam can’t have been an accident. I’ve been battling depression and anxiety, and Adam’s been my angel to get me through tough times, and his love is overwhelming. Because he found me on this website in 2007, I am living literally two minutes from him today in a beautiful rented out cottage on a lake, and I genuinely feel that he saved me. I feel like life is something sacred now and I’m sorry for ever have taken it for granted.
We do everything together these days. I’m going to his college and we’re taking a history course together this fall. I attend his church now every week, and we spend virtually all of our free time together. I feel so lucky and blessed, and I want to thank the creators of TDL for allowing this to happen.

St. Augustine (May 2012)
OmB1a.jpg

a55cX.jpg

CdxFz.jpg

Us today (August 2012)
zVIQU.jpg

Hey, this is great! You're the second couple I know who met through TDL (the first is now engaged!) I'm glad that your relationship began with a good, sound friendship over common interests. I'll pray that Aslan keeps you between His paws as you seek the best for each other.

(I took the liberty of correcting the spelling of the thread name.)

Aww, this is so sweet. I'm very happy for you guys. :) Thank you for sharing!

Machia and Liz (Machiatemarshwiggle and fish_wwjd_frog, my brother and sister-in-law) didn't meet on TDL but it helped them get to know each other better so they're a TDL couple too.

Thank you so much for sharing this story. It's awesome and sweet. We all have a lot to thank CS Lewis for. I also believe like Natalie, that finding each other in these forums was not an accident. Thanks also for sharing the photos, you look like the perfect couple! I wish you many, many years of love and happiness together. :D

PS. Don't be strangers. We'd love to hear from both of you from time to time how things are going.

Last edited:
What an amazing story! :D I'm thrilled to hear how TDL brought you two together. You're an adorable couple, and I wish you much happiness together! ^.^

Loved your sharing and your photos Adam and Natalie... May you continue to grow in your relationship with one another and with God as you enter a new semester. Onward and upward!

Awesome! That's so cool about the other couples who've met here! Thanks everyone for reading and for the best wishes!

Roger- Is the couple you spoke about still posting here? I'd love to hear their story too!
Thanks again everyone =)

That was a very sweet read; I'm glad you found each other again and it all worked out! That little bit of effort made to find her again obviously was the clincher which just shows how many possible paths life can take and you managed to select the best for you! :) (Sorry, I'm rambling a bit... 'tis bedtime.)

Awesome! That's so cool about the other couples who've met here! Thanks everyone for reading and for the best wishes!

Roger- Is the couple you spoke about still posting here? I'd love to hear their story too!
Thanks again everyone =)

Hi Octesian! I was so happy to read your story because I went through a similar experience. Charn_Tim and I are the other couple that Roger mentioned. We met on this website and quickly became close friends after a few months of posting on the same threads and chatting. We started dating after meeting in person at LionCon in 2008, and we are currently engaged!! :) We will get married sometime next year. :) Isn't it crazy how you can meet the right person even in the most unconventional way?

Congratulations on your engagement Lucy the Marshwiggle! You and Charn Tim make a wonderful (and handsome) couple! (I remember seeing you at LionCon, and in the pix of the VODT movie event with Georgie Henley and Will Poulter.) May God bless your plans for your big day, and continue to guide and ground you in His love and grace.

Last edited:
Back