call for Narniopoly Game Board designers

Then how about Turkish Delight for luxury tax ( since lets face it during WWII when the book is set it would be a luxury), and The Deplorable Word for utilities. Also the Silver Chair for loose a turn.

I think that instead of railroads, we need to have some sort of transportation space. Maybe one of them could be the Dawn Treader. Another could be the Wardrobe, or maybe the two magical rings. Just a thought.

How about Entries (not sure of best wording) into Narnia? We could use the Father Christmas Gifts as part of the cards...
Rings to/from the Wood Between the World
the Wardrobe
Susan's horn
Dawn Treader painting

Last edited:
How about Entries (not sure of best wording) into Narnia? We could use the Father Christmas Gifts as part of the cards...
Rings to/from the Wood Between the World
the Wardrobe
Susan's horn
Dawn Treader painting

I said something to that effect earlier. We did suggest Susan's Horn for something else though, what's another entrance we could use?

You also need humorous misfortunes for "Chance Cards." Examples:

At a Narnian banquet, you make the mistake of eating dirt. Lose one turn.

Kidnapped by slave traders; they decide they don't want you, and leave you stranded on a small island. Lose one turn.

Andrew Adamson goes out of his way to make you look like a moron. Send HIM to jail.

Ooh! And instead of jail, it's Jadis' Courtyard, where you go after you land on "Turn Directly to Stone". The card that sends you there could say, "You've been turned to stone! Luckily, the White Witch thought you were good-looking enough to keep you as a statue in her courtyard. Go directly to Jadis' Courtyard, do not pass Wardrobe."

Sir Tom and Copperfox,
I like your idea about Beaver's Dam for Free Parking (Freeze Parking) but I am leaning toward making it Aslan's Table (like on Ramandu's Island). What do you think of that idea?

And Joe, Thanks for the sample cards. I really laughed at the Adam Adamson one! And thank you for the Prince Caspian properties as well :)

Gondorgirl,
I agree it would be better to use something other than the Horn for one of the 4 Portals [railroads]... I had been thinking of using The Lion's Call for <GO> but maybe that would serve better here than Queen Susan's Horn? What do you think?

As for Go to Jail-- Do you all prefer White Witch's Court Yard (turning to stone) or the Silver Chair?

Any suggestions for VDT or LB properties, anyone?

For "Jail," I prefer the Silver Chair, so as not to be excessively weighted toward LWW.

For Last Battle properties, the Stable naturally comes to mind, and the guard tower where Tirian and the kids rested. Third, maybe the gate where Reepicheep greeted them?

Ooh! And instead of jail, it's Jadis' Courtyard, where you go after you land on "Turn Directly to Stone". The card that sends you there could say, "You've been turned to stone! Luckily, the White Witch thought you were good-looking enough to keep you as a statue in her courtyard. Go directly to Jadis' Courtyard, do not pass Wardrobe."

That's awesome! :D

Some _good_ things that could happen to you from cards:

* Fledge comes by to offer you a ride. Take an extra turn.

* You are appointed to an office on one of the Lone Islands. Every other player has to give you ten dollars.

* You are temporarily turned into a Dufflepud, which gives you their jumping ability. Result: on your next turn, if the square where you land is disadvantageous for you, you can change your landing place by one or two squares forward or backward.

* You discover a dragon treasure trove that _isn't_ cursed. Take a hundred dollars from the bank.

Love your ideas, Copperfox!
As to your idea about the other gated hill where Reepicheep appears, what would you call that?

Last edited:
While others are thinking, here are a couple more BAD-luck ideas to go on cards:

>> Shift the Ape gets you so confused that you don't know which way is which. On your next turn, you must move BACKWARDS; then you miss the turn after that.

>> You mistake a regular gem for one of the edible gems of Bizm, and try to eat it. Surgery is required. Miss one turn.

Back