Welcome to the DLF Cafe

Well, you seem to have indoctrinated your nephew in the Napoleonic mindset, so I thought you might be familiar with it. (I won't ask whether you throw the rocks at people....)

Clearly, I have people to throw the rocks for me. I just sit on my horse and give orders. Whenever I try to ride into battle at the head of my army, my portraitist yells at me not to move and if I'm doing this on purpose so that none of his works will ever make it into the Louvre. No idea what he's talking about, so I deem it better not to get into an argument.

Clearly, I have people to throw the rocks for me. I just sit on my horse and give orders. Whenever I try to ride into battle at the head of my army, my portraitist yells at me not to move and if I'm doing this on purpose so that none of his works will ever make it into the Louvre. No idea what he's talking about, so I deem it better not to get into an argument.

Somehow the original Napoleon didn't seem the non-confrontational type to me.

What about the part where the Duke of Wellington shoots guns too long, so you get bored, sneak into his room, and play with his toys? I thought that's what you indoctrinated your nephew with....

Admittedly, the Duke of Wellington's toys are rather boring, but you can still ruin all his pipe tobacco.

Your nephew's smoking habit. As in, the one you caused. Didn't it ever occur to you that he's way too young?

He's too young to have ideas; they don't hand out licenses for that to kids his age. Don't give me that nonsense. I think we all know who the guilty party is.

NO PARTIES.

You're Napoleon, remember? You have to spend a lot of time researching how to look cool and manipulate people.

Last edited:
Speculations as to Why Glenburne Has Edited the Previous Post

1. She wrote "partys" instead of "parties"
2. She wrote "your" instead of "you're"
3. She wrote "the handsome and eloquent emperor I would follow to the death without question" instead of "Napoleon"
4. She fell asleep after typing "NO PA", her head hit the keyboard and she accidentally posted just "NO PA" followed by the letters n, t, and s. She edited the post later in order not to exacerbate WS's trauma.
5. She wrote everything in Russian, and after posting remembered she was on TDL and not on the World Domination and Other Evil Plots forum.
6. She still has a problem with the DLR hacking her account.
7. She wrote "I LOVE PARTIES" instead of "NO PARTIES" and after posting she remembered she had gone over to the dark side, and felt sad about that but also scared so she changed it but wishes she hadn't because secretly she still loves parties and she hopes her true friends will never doubt this.

I am confident that one of these is correct. I stake WS's last pair of trousers on it.

Actually, I first typed only "NO PARTIES." but the stupid forum kept making it lowercase until I typed some lowercase text in below it.

Or it could have been the DLR. You never know.

I thought you were planning to use them as an imperial flag--you know, for world domination--but to blame their disappearance on the DLF.

Are you suggesting that your trousers are currently possessed by an inherent will to dominate all life?

My trousers mostly just want to grow old and enjoy a peaceful retirement at the local thrift store.

Back