Unofficial December Meetup

Benisse

Perelandrian
Staff member
Royal Guard
In Honor of C.S. Lewis the center of Christianity, Culture and the Arts at Biola University is hosting a series of free performances and presentations based on his works. If any of you are available the first week in December and would like to participate in an informal meet-up in the Los Angeles area on 12/4 for either Screwtape or The Great Divorce, please pm me and I will coordinate our gathering that day.

Here is the link for the 12/2-6 full schedule for The Stories of C.S. Lewis in case you can not join us on 12/4 (or if you want to attend additional programs) Note: the 12/6 chapel will touch on the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, and in "Be Thou My Vision," the 12/2 chapel will discuss the sanctified imagination of C.S. Lewis. I hope to attend all of these presentations, and maybe connect with some of you there!

Note: The programs occurring during Biola Chapel end at 10:20 am. So on Wednesday 12/4 during the interim between readings from the Screwtape Letters, we can migrate to an off-campus site (like my church or hopefully somewhere closer) to eat, hang out and view C.S. Lewis documentaries/Narnia adaptations, collaborate on finishing our Narniopoly project and actually playing it (!) or other Narniac past-times. Then we will head back to Biola for dinner and the performance of The Great Divorce.

Last edited:
I'd love to be there, but as this is being held in the U.S.A there is no way I can attend. I therefore look forward to reports by you, and those others who are present.

I wish I could attend; but given my financial condition, I might as well be in Britain with Corin, for all that I can afford to travel to California from Colorado.

I will be there! Maybe that's an incentive to Corin :D He'll be like, "the famous BarbarianKing'll be there! Ima gettin'!

Hmmm... Sadly this was a few weeks prior to my return to the states. Had it been a month later, I could have gone... I really wish we could do another giant conferency thing...

I apologize I never reported on how things went. The performances of Great Divorce (standing room only) and Screwtape were a lot of fun -- well edited and acted. I also attended a lecture about C.S. Lewis and imagination, but it was basically different faculty members at Biola speaking on how CSL's works impacted them. The reader's theater of The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe was excellent, with stirring projections to enhance the setting and mood. It was great to touch base with Barbarian King as well as other Lewis lovers, including Kristi from Lion's Call. It was a fun week! Sorry it did not sync with your homecoming though, Fernie.

As for Corin and our friends across the pond, or in other corners of the USA, keep your eyes and ears open for other Lewis related events. It would be fun to have more gatherings.

Last edited:
Late to the party, as always, and I wish I checked into TDL more frequently. I attended Biola for four years and just graduated this past May... I can't believe me that I missed a TDL meet-up right at my own school! But I am very happy that my alma mater was able to serve a great purpose, and that everyone had a fabulous time!

Whoa, Pink Cheetah, it would have been so cool to see you there! Did you go to any of the Lewis/Narnia chapels or the Great Divorce performance anyway?

And congratulations on your graduation from Biola :) Such a cool school!

I think I did go to one of the Lewis ones, but at that point in the semester, I was so burned out that I don't unfortunately remember much..

Thank you, Benisse! You are so sweeet :) I am still living in LA, so next time there is a meet-up, I hope I'll be able to join in!

In Honor of C.S. Lewis the center of Christianity, Culture and the Arts at Biola University is hosting a series of free performances and presentations based on his works. If any of you are available the first week in December and would like to participate in an informal meet-up in the Los Angeles area on 12/4 for either Screwtape or The Great Divorce, please pm me and I will coordinate our gathering that day.

Here is the link for the 12/2-6 full schedule for The Stories of C.S. Lewis in case you can not join us on 12/4 (or if you want to attend additional programs) Note: the 12/6 chapel will touch on the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, and in "Be Thou My Vision," the 12/2 chapel will discuss the sanctified imagination of C.S. Lewis. I hope to attend all of these presentations, and maybe connect with some of you there!

Note: The programs occurring during Biola Chapel end at 10:20 am. So on Wednesday 12/4 during the interim between readings from the Screwtape Letters, we can migrate to an off-campus site (like my church or hopefully somewhere closer) to eat, hang out and view C.S. Lewis documentaries/Narnia adaptations, collaborate on finishing our Narniopoly project and actually playing it (!) or other Narniac past-times. Then we will head back to Biola for dinner and the performance of The Great Divorce.

Sounds like fun! Wish I could go. Maybe if there's something in the Dallas/Fort Worth area sometime, I could go then. :)

Back