dayhawk68

leiawind.gif

Leia 1
leiaslave-1.gif

Leia profile
Eve.jpg

Eve's Regret
Meridia1.jpg

Meridia (a character from my sci fi novel)

OMG Hands are evil.

I KNOW! and feet too, sometimes. but hands! AHHHH:mad: why couldn't God give us hooves! I can draw those....*idea* wait I'll just draw fauns and people with hooves for hands...make ppl think Im trying to be political or something lol.

No wait I;ll just draw Nightcrawler! his hands are easy! lol

Dayhawk, here's a tip about hands.

Hold your own hand in front of your face, palm down and thumb toward you. Note something which escapes the notice of many novices trying to draw hands: the fact that the thumb hangs lower down than the fingers. The thumb is not in the same plane as the fingers. If it were in the same plane, it would not be opposable. Note also that if the thumb juts forward when the fingers are also jutting forward to their limit, the tip of the thumb reaches no farther forward than the first section of the index finger.

Now turn your palm toward yourself and make a fist, thumb-side up. Look at the way your index finger curls up behind the thumb. Look at the little pit formed on top, then look at how each finger curves into place beneath the index finger. Lastly, note how your curled baby finger is not quite as far down as the low edge of your hand. All these positions are not changed greatly if the hand is gripping something slender like a flagstaff.

Over the years, I learned to be more attentive to the proportion of each little body part to its neighboring body parts.

Dayhawk, here's a tip about hands.

Hold your own hand in front of your face, palm down and thumb toward you. Note something which escapes the notice of many novices trying to draw hands: the fact that the thumb hangs lower down than the fingers. The thumb is not in the same plane as the fingers. If it were in the same plane, it would not be opposable. Note also that if the thumb juts forward when the fingers are also jutting forward to their limit, the tip of the thumb reaches no farther forward than the first section of the index finger.

Now turn your palm toward yourself and make a fist, thumb-side up. Look at the way your index finger curls up behind the thumb. Look at the little pit formed on top, then look at how each finger curves into place beneath the index finger. Lastly, note how your curled baby finger is not quite as far down as the low edge of your hand. All these positions are not changed greatly if the hand is gripping something slender like a flagstaff.

Over the years, I learned to be more attentive to the proportion of each little body part to its neighboring body parts.

thanks for the tip but my art teacher tried to show me that and well I still suck. but you see its not really the shape and proportion thats bad, its trying to make it look an actual hand with shading, lines and what not. you see when I draw I have to make each part have its own story. So if one of the main subjects is a hand it has to have character with either age, grace or hardships. I cant do that and its annoying!

If those were airbrushed they could look like they'd go on a movie box. Not too realistic, but still, not bad. :) Did you draw those from memory or a picture? I can't draw from memory. :(

To me, they all, in a teeny sort of way resemble Keira Knightley, but that's probably because I saw your sig afterward. ;) Very good! Loved 'em!

You're very talented, and I can tell your talent is growing. Just remember though, if you feel like your work isn't that good; Practice will make you better at what you do.

God bless ya!:)

lol the wonders of Paint

in100.jpg

019cfqfw1.jpg

In my sci fi Novel I have two characters called Nye and Bridea. Anna Paquin and Will are my visuals.

Back