New Harry Potter Fan Fic. (bout James And Etc.)

Pollywannabe

James’ First Year
Chap. 1
James Potter scurried after his mother in King’s Cross train station. His mother stopped in between platforms nine and ten and said, “James, this is the barrier you have to go through.” She looked at him and smiled. “You’ll do fine. I love you; write everyday or I’ll send you a howler!” and shoved him towards the barrier.
James gasped as he fell through what he thought was solid rock. He looked around and saw a beautifully gleaming train waiting for him and the other students. Children were running around and playing as they got on. James slowly began to push his trolley towards the loading dock.
“Need any help?” an old man asked him behind small, circle shaped spectacles. James nodded and looked down as if to say here’s my stuff. The old man flicked his wrist and his stuff was out of sight. All that was left was James robes to change in, his wand, and his money.
“Thanks.” James boarded the train and was pushed by at least fifty students hurrying to find a compartment. James finally pulled open the door of a compartment; to his dismay however, it was not empty. A handsome boy about his age glanced up at him and smirked, while a shorter, fatter kid with wiry blonde hair squirmed from where he sat.
“Who’re you?” the handsome one asked slightly coldly. James swallowed.
“James…James Potter.”
“Sirius Black, and that’s,” Sirius pointed to the wiry headed boy and finished, “Peter Pettigrew.” James sat down next to Peter across from Sirius. Sirius leaned back and stretched. “Hogwarts….” Sirius seemed like he was contemplating about it.
James sat up as he saw a girl with red hair and green eyes walk by the compartment. “Who was…?” James began and shut up really quick as she slid the door open. “H-hi.” James stuttered, noticing Sirius’ look of amusement from the corner of his eye.
“Hello, I’m Lily Evans and I just wanted to try to meet everyone…” she said looking at each boy’s face.
“I’M Sirius. You’re very pretty.” Sirius replied as James tried to rediscover his own voice. “Peter.” Sirius gestured towards Peter.
“And you?” Lily asked eagerly.
“James Potter.” He gulped out before he could say something really embarrassing.
“Perhaps you boys could do something for me then?” Every boy nodded as if in a trance. “This boy needs to ride with someone…and I really don’t think he wants to sit with us girls.” She pointed to her compartment right across the hall. James nodded involuntarily as a boy their aged sidled in.
“I’m Remus Lupin…” the boy muttered. He rolled his eyes at Lily and said, “Thank you.” She waved and ran across the hall and shut the door. As soon as she had closed the door, there was a lurch and the train left.
James woke from his sleep and saw that all the boys had already changed and were staring out the window in amazement. “Whatimeizit?” James slurred. The boys shushed him and shrugged. He pulled his robes on and rubbed his growling stomach. Sirius turned around and shook his head quickly as if trying to get rid of something.
“There’s some food right there,” Sirius slapped James’ outstretched hand, “But, we are almost at Hogwarts, where we will get a huge feast.” James’ eyes lit up and sat back.
“Say, what we you looking at?” he asked Sirius.
Sirius grinned. “Hogwarts!”

Chap. 2
Sirius jumped up when the train stopped. James did a sideward glance out the window and his eyes widened: Hogwarts was glowing from the inside from millions of candles visible from its hundreds of candles shining merrily inside. Remus swallowed hard as he said quietly, “There’s a full moon out tonight.”
“Isn’t it awesome then?” Sirius turned on Remus. Remus nodded, but a wave of uncomfortable feelings came out of his look. Peter twitched.
James got up slowly, but quietly and made his way to the door. He wanted to find that Lily Evans girl. Just as he was about to shut the door behind him he heard a shout and opened it again. Then stepped right back out, breathing hard. There was some kind of animal thing in there. He looked back in and suppressed a horrific gasp: a werewolf.
Sirius was slowly backing away from it while Peter cowered in a corner behind it. Remus however, was no where to be seen. Oh no, he’s eaten Remus! Lily’s going to be mad we lost him….. James thought, panic stricken.
He heard a door open, followed by giggles and a girl’s voice saying, “Look, there’s…..James! That’s his name!” Lily pronounced as she walked over to James’ turned back. “James?” James slid down the door revealing the scene inside the compartment. “Oh my…..” girls whispered. A few ran off screaming. Lily pushed James out of the way and stepped inside. Sirius barely looked over at her then took another tentative step backwards once more.
“Patrificus Totalus!” Lily screamed at it, sending out a silver river from her wand, temporarily petrifying the creature. Sirius began to explain to her, shaking his hands as an example to what he meant. Lily nodded and asked a few questions before pulling the creature into the hall, and out the train.
Peter crawled out first and stood up shaking. “R-Remus….”
“Where is he?” James craned his neck to get a good look inside the compartment. Peter opened his mouth to reply but was shut up by Sirius.
“You see, James, uh, Remus was the werewolf.” James felt weak in the knees.
“WHAT?!”
“Exactly….”
“Oh my God.”
“Yes.”
James looked nervously around and whispered, “What are we going to do? I mean…”
“We’ll be his friends….?” Peter offered, his beady black eyes exchanged from James’ face to Sirius’. Sirius shrugged and nodded.
“We best be going!” Sirius exclaimed feeling a sudden lurch from the train.
The three boys quickly jumped off the bus and hurried after the rest of the first years. They were heading for the lake while the higher years were lead to horse drawn carriages. All the kids groaned as they saw what they were doing: riding rickety little boats to the castle. Each kid, grudgingly, climbed in one and was surprised to find they weren’t going to have to row there themselves; the boats moved on their own. An overweight kid grinned widely to show he was very happy they weren’t going to have to row.
Since there were only two to three people to a boat, Sirius pulled James to the nearest boat and plunked down next to him. “Good thing we don’t have to work to get there.” Sirius mumbled looking around. “Where the bloody hell is Peter?” James shrugged and realized he needed to be more outspoken and outgoing to be able to be known.
“Peter probably stuck his fat arse with one of those ugly witches over there.” James said, bravely getting a smug grin from Sirius out of it. As James and Sirius laughed and made fun of a new person they became better and better friends. Soon, however, they had arrived and we’re waiting patiently to walk inside the Great Hall for the sorting ceremony.

Chap. 3
Remus Lupin shuddered in the headmaster’s office. His clothes were ripped to shreds and hung limply to his body. Just as Remus sighed and collapsed in the seat nearest him, Professor Dippet, the headmaster glided in.
“Welcome to Hogwarts, Mr. Lupin.” Dippet said grandly. Remus smiled meekly. “Now, as I have heard,” Dippet began, “And I can see,” he chuckled, “You aren’t just a plain human.” Remus shook his head. “Ah, you are a werewolf. Bitten by…?”
“Fenrir Greyback, sir.” Remus spoke for the first time. Dippet paled slightly. “I was taken as a child, but I can control my self sir, provided, I have the best potions to help.” Remus explained hopefully.
“Yes, of course you can; we aim to have each and everyone of our student well taken care of and you know the rest.” He chuckled. Remus relaxed and shifted from one foot to another. He glanced down at himself and groaned. “Oh dear, you need more robes too?” Remus nodded and slightly smiled.
Remus carefully slipped on the new stiff robes and said a quick goodbye and thank you. He ran out the door, hopped down the stairs and figured out where to go from there from all the noise. He slipped on what looked like water (he could only hope) and slid under a tapestry.
Remus slowly stood up and took in where he was. He stuck his head in the hallway again and noticed a statue of what looked like an old wizard and made a mental note to show the others later. He ran to the end of the hallway and appeared in an entirely different part of the castle, but it was right where he needed to be. He climbed the stairs and made his way to the front of the crowd where James, Sirius, and Peter were.
The door to the Great Hall opened slightly as a witch’s head popped out and examined the crowd then disappeared into the door again. People exchanged confused looks while they waited. Lily Evans was talking in a loud whisper about how the ceiling in the Great Hall was actually charmed to look however they wanted it to look. The noise from inside was tremendous to the timid and small first years. Just as they thought they were going to stand there all night and starve, the same witch came out.
She spoke in a clear, cutting voice, “Welcome to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I am Professor Ingrid Twinkle, and I teach Care of Magical Creatures; however you will not have me this year, you may have me next year.” She smiled slightly and continued. “Now, as you proceed into the hall, I will call out your names. As I do, step up to the stool on the stage, and place the Sorting Hat on your head. The Sorting Hat will sort you into one of the four houses based on your state of mind; soul, ambitions, and the type of magic you posses. The four houses are Gryffindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw, and Hufflepuff. Once sorted, find your house’s table and take a seat in one of the empty seats.”
James’ face heated up as she gave her small speech. He had been slightly…bad….all his life. He didn’t want to be in Slytherin! Gryffindor was a much better choice. Sirius, on the other hand, looked unfazed. As did Peter….and Remus! When did he get back?
“Remus! When did you get here?” James hissed at him, causing heads to turn in his direction. Sirius hit him and tried to shush him. James once again felt himself heat up. Then he noticed Lily was staring at him, slightly scoffing. James’ jaw dropped and looked down as he tried to regain his composure. Professor Twinkle coughed and opened the door.
She strode up the middle of the hall and motioned for the others to follow. They did so and the hall got quiet as they did so. Sirius smirked at one of the older Gryffindor girls and she blushed and turned around. The row of students at the front stopped abruptly causing people behind to bump into others in front of them. Many people laughed at this. James, Sirius, Peter, and Remus looked around nervously before looking at each other and saying at the same time, “Good luck.”

I do. I just read it all and I am intreaued seeing as you seem to have kept to the basic outline but twisted some of the facts :D Tis cool. Keep going :D

Err, it's good. I'd have liked you going along the memories of Snape that Harry sees about how Lily and James and Sirius meet in the last book, but it's okay, though. You make ur own style. :)

yeah sorry i meant to put this up a long time ago..haha but i havent had time.

so here it is:
Chap. 4
Professor Twinkle brought the first years to a halt near a small stage, on which sat a stool. All eyes lay upon what was on the stool: a ratty, old witch’s hat. James was transfixed with the ceiling though. It was as if there were no ceiling at all, only dark clouds and candles. What really transfixed him though, was the way Lily looked in the candle light. He didn’t have time to keep looking at her; everyone in front of him had stopped.
After all the first years were accounted for, Twinkle pulled out a list on an ancient scroll; on this scroll, were the names of everyone here James soon realized. “When I call your names, please sit on this stool and place the hat on your head. Once you sit, you will be sorted into the appropriate house according to your inner character. The four houses are Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, Gryffindor, and Slytherin.” As she called out the houses, a small cheer rose from each house. Sirius turned to Peter and whispered, “The old bag can’t even remember she already said this to us.” Both boys laughed and caused a Ravenclaw second year to turn around and glare.
James was still in amazement of the ceiling when he was jostled by someone saying, “Are you James? Your name was called!” James blushed when he realized everyone was staring at him. As he began to make his way past his classmates, he heard murmurs of “That one is sure to be in Hufflepuff…” and “What an airhead!” In what seemed like forever, he finally managed to stumble onto the stage. Professor Twinkle gave him a small nod of the head toward the stool. Feeling lightheaded, he cautiously sat on the edge of the stool and gave a smile towards the huge crowd of students. The hat was placed on his head and after a minute, he heard the hat say low enough for only him to hear, “You know, I have a feeling I’ll be getting another Potter some day…GRYFFINDOR!” The hat ended in a yell.
A huge applause erupted from the Gryffindor table, as James’s face broke out in a huge, handsome grin.

Back