I recently got back from seeing Tangled. WOW!!!! Best.... movie.... ever!!!! :eek: It was so engrossing and magical! The songs were even better in the movie. The plot flowed well, and was just FUN! And the part where Rapunzel realizes that she is the lost princess was really moving. And the end? *SQUEE* It was aaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggggggggg!

And as an added bonus, my sister and I got to the theater kind of late, and walked in just as the Justin Bieber movie preview was ending! We missed it! :D

LOL! I never liked at all the versions of the 'Rapunzel' fairy tale that I have read. When I was young, they scared me, and was when I was older, I thought it was dumb.

I know! In the original fairy tale it all happened over lettuce. I mean, lettuce? As for the character Rapunzel...well, she doesn't really come off as the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Tangled really improved on the fairy tale. (Then again, I've always thought that Sleeping Beauty and Beauty & the Beast improved on their original fairy tales, too. Sleeping Beauty was made more exciting, and Beauty & the Beast got rid of the stereotypical evil older sisters and that literally-dying-of-a-broken-heart business. And it made the characters more interesting.)

Last edited:
My sister and I are already looking forward to whenever we get to see Tangled again. xD I want to commit to memory all of Flynn's clever lines. :D I can't remember most of them since I've only heard them once, which stinks. =/

I really liked how they dealt with Flynn's reputation as a thief. Lots of pop culture movies portray robbery to be a dashing and cool thing to do, instead of as a sin. I was more than a little bit concerned about this when I first heard about the movie- I don't like rooting for people to do wrong things. :rolleyes: But Flynn truly experienced a change of heart, and learned humility.

They showed that thievery is a bad thing to do, and that it destroys trust. And when Flynn was captured and had to get away from the guards and save Rapunzel, it wasn't like seeing Jack Sparrow escape from a hanging. Jack Sparrow had not changed- he deserved to be hung. He was a criminal, and after escape simply went back to his crooked ways. But when Flynn escaped, you WANTED him to escape without feeling guilty. He had changed. If he was able to get away, he would live a different life than the one he had lived before.

I also appreciated how they showed Mother Gothel and Rapunzel's relationship in so many different lights. How Rapunzel loved her mother, and didn't want to hurt her. When they quarreled, it never appeared that mother being evil and villainous, but that they were having a normal squabble.

Rapunzel didn't have a bad attitude, or act wise in her own eyes to authority. She just wanted to be understood. She never truly rebelled until she knew the whole truth.

This post is probably really dumb and confusing to read... but I feel like I have to get this out. xD

Thy post MissReepicheep is not confusing nor dumb. It is an expresision of your thoughts and feelings. Never quell what's inside, don't refrain from speaking or posting out of fear. Let it flow out, let magic, the beauty, and splendor of what you've scene be reshaped and articulated in your own words. Never doubt that your insights, feelings, and thoughts are of now value. Even if it may sound foolish to you, it maybe insightful and brillant to someone else. :)

Thy post MissReepicheep is not confusing nor dumb. It is an expresision of your thoughts and feelings. Never quell what's inside, don't refrain from speaking or posting out of fear. Let it flow out, let magic, the beauty, and splendor of what you've scene be reshaped and articulated in your own words. Never doubt that your insights, feelings, and thoughts are of now value. Even if it may sound foolish to you, it maybe insightful and brillant to someone else. :)
Thanks. :)

Oh, I hope she doesn't end up in the Princess Roster.

It's usually the kiss of death for a female Disney character.

As far as I can tell, that pitiful excuse for a merchandise line is just a substandard attempt to put out stuff for little girls.

Doesn't it occur to Disney that some of these characters might have male fans as well, who are put off by the blatant bias shown there?
Or possibly older female fans might also be annoyed.

But that's just my Little Mermaid spirit banner waving, we're not fans of Disney Princess because it minimilized Ariel.

Okay, back on topic.

Now I'm curious to find out how her hair changes and why.
Please don't spoiler, I want to find out for myself.

Do they actually have anything coming out with this movie?
Toys, games, anything?

Oh, I hope she doesn't end up in the Princess Roster.

It's usually the kiss of death for a female Disney character.

As far as I can tell, that pitiful excuse for a merchandise line is just a substandard attempt to put out stuff for little girls.

Doesn't it occur to Disney that some of these characters might have male fans as well, who are put off by the blatant bias shown there?
Or possibly older female fans might also be annoyed.

But that's just my Little Mermaid spirit banner waving, we're not fans of Disney Princess because it minimilized Ariel.

Okay, back on topic.

Now I'm curious to find out how her hair changes and why.
Please don't spoiler, I want to find out for myself.

Do they actually have anything coming out with this movie?
Toys, games, anything?

Affirmative, thete is quite a collection of memorbilla. You can get video games, dolls, assorted toys, and even a Rapunzel Wig. XD

Affirmative, thete is quite a collection of memorbilla. You can get video games, dolls, assorted toys, and even a Rapunzel Wig. XD
My little sister got a Rapunzel dress-up dress for Christmas. I think it's beautiful. Rapunzel's clothes are far more appealing to me than any other princess's have been. The style is very elegant.

My little sister squealed in delight when she opened it, and put it on at once. She hasn't seen the movie, but is enthralled with the idea of it after hearing my sister and me obsess over it. And she has seen the trailers (or 'tractors' as she calls them :p).

I saw it for the third time on Tuesday. I can officially quote it. XD LOVE IT.

I adore Rapunzel's dress, but I like her one at the end even better and with there were better shots of it. It really makes her look like she's grown up.

Her dress, pretty as it is at the start, really stunts her age in the viewers eyes. When she first said she was turning 18 I was like o_O no way girlie, you hardly look 15... and as the movie progresses and you see how much more mature she gets, how much smarter and kinder and everything the image seems even further from who she really is.

When the hair is cut there's already this miraculous difference in her age, and by the end, in that lovely white dress of hers there is no doubt in my mind that she's 18, if anything she looks older. She's matured into a woman in that movie and now finally looks the part.

Just me thoughts. I hope the DVD gives us an extended ending scene... maybe a wedding? I like disney weddings...

You're right. She didn't look like an eighteen-year-old. :p Now I'm trying to re-envision the white dress she was wearing at the end. =/ I can't quite remember it.

Oh, I remember it now. :) It does look a lot more grown up. :) And her hair drastically changes her appearance- but I think it's really pretty. :D

I saw it with my cousins and they all agreed that the short hair looks beautiful on her.

Not many short haired princesses, really. It's a shame she'll always be marketed with the long...

I saw it with my cousins and they all agreed that the short hair looks beautiful on her.

Not many short haired princesses, really. It's a shame she'll always be marketed with the long...
Yes, indeed! Her short hair is unique and beautiful! Besides, short hair is more practical for a doll. It doesn't get tangled into knots as easily. ;)

On Facebook they've created two teams: Team Pascal and Team Maximus. I joined Team Maximus and made the comment "Maximus! Maximus! Maximus!" This cry comes from Ridley Scott's Epic Gladiator, the main character is Maximus. :D

I also bought a stuffed Pascal at the Disney Store for my mom. :)

This movie looks so sweet!
I really want to see it when it comes out here in Finland. It's a bummer they only show dubbed cartoon movies in theatres here, so I'll probably have to wait 'til the DVD comes out - as I hate dubbed movies!
They showed the trailer in the Christmas Disney Special, and it looked so funny!

Back