Votes: 100 22.5%
  • Mr. Tumnus

Votes: 30 6.7%
  • Aslan

Votes: 122 27.4%
  • White Witch

Votes: 20 4.5%

• Total voters
My favourite character is Edmund, because he has been wrong (Have I written it correct?), but he knows it and he doesn't want to make the same error! And he's very nice...:rolleyes:

You're just fine. In truth, your English is better than that of many native speakers.

Thank you! :rolleyes:
In truth I like very much your language, so I study at home and I watch film in English with Italian subtitles, so I learn and I have a good time!

My favourite character is Edmund, because he has been wrong (Have I written it correct?), but he knows it and he doesn't want to make the same error! And he's very nice...:rolleyes:

I agree with you about Edmund. The biggest reason why he is my favorite Pevensie is that he falls for temptation in a big way, but he realizes what he has done wrong and takes steps to atone for his sin. Even in his worst moments, I can sympathize with him, because that is how I was in my darkest moments:(

Yes I really like the way Edmund grew and developed over the course of the Chronicles. (Welcome to the forum, by the way Eustace!)

At the moment I like Jill Pole because i feel i can relate to her. I love her discussion with Aslan (In the Silver Chair) when he gives her instructions and warns her that where she is going, the air is not as pure as it is on Aslan's Mountain.
I also love the little scene in The Last Battle when she dicovers Puzzle the Donkey which is such a cute moment and really captures her humorous side.

I'm reviving this thread by paying honor to another character I like: Frank the Cabbie (horse-cab driver, not automotive) in The Magician's Nephew. I liked how he _didn't_ lose his head or his nerve when Jadis was rampaging on the street. I wish Mr. Lewis had told his last name.

When I wrote The Tale of Sophia Renee, it was because of remembering Frank that I included a horse-cab driver, Carl Adams, in my story.

I'm reviving this thread by paying honor to another character I like: Frank the Cabbie (horse-cab driver, not automotive) in The Magician's Nephew. I liked how he _didn't_ lose his head or his nerve when Jadis was rampaging on the street. I wish Mr. Lewis had told his last name.

When I wrote The Tale of Sophia Renee, it was because of remembering Frank that I included a horse-cab driver, Carl Adams, in my story.

I like Frank a lot too. I thought that for a relatively minor character, he had a lot of personality and admirable qualities. He was the regular guy who became royalty because of his bravery and compassion as well as his devotion to Aslan (and the name Aslan goes by in our world).

It is very heroic how, in addition to not losing his head or his nerve when dealing with Jadis on a rampage in London, he also was courageous and calm when he was transported to a completely different world.

I also have to admit that I always found the bond between Strawberry and Frank very sweet and endearing.

I love the character of Aslan! His character teaches so many things that could take theologians a long time to explain with simple actions. He's not a tame Lion, but he is good!

I love the character of Aslan! His character teaches so many things that could take theologians a long time to explain with simple actions. He's not a tame Lion, but he is good!

Yeah, Aslan does a great job making complex theological truth a littler easier to understand by expressing them in a simple but no less beautiful way.

You know, I think this is something that, for me, has changed (and continues to change) over time.

When my 3rd grade teacher first read it to the class way back (what got me into the Chronicles of Narnia), Aslan was my favorite simply because lions were my favorite animal, lol -- I was obsessed, had plushies and statues everywhere of lions, every time I was at the zoo, they were the first animals I wanted to see, and I legitimately used to ask my Mom on a regular basis why I couldn't have a pet lion.

(At that age, any religious significance went right over my head -- I didn't learn until years later that he was meant to be Jesus Christ -- so as silly as my "oooh, a lion!!" reasoning may sound now, you must realize this was coming from an eight-year-old kid, lol.)

And Aslan was so full of warmth and kindness on top of being a lion, he was immediately my favorite, and I remember trying so hard not to cry in the middle of class when our teacher read us the part where Jadis kills him.

Then the movie came out (and I didn't see it until about a year after the fact) and I was closer to my preteens and more boy-crazy than ever (that's a lie, I'm an adult now and I'm still constantly crushing on celebrities, but whatever, lol), so of course, for a while Peter was my favorite because I thought William Moseley was really cute.
Then I went through my Edmund phase because I suddenly thought Skandar Keynes was cute (even though I still cannot for the life of me pronounce his name)...Not sure I'd call him a favorite anymore, but for sure, the older I get, the more I can appreciate his character development throughout the series.

But now, at age 22, I have to say, as cliche as this answer may be, my favorite is probably actually Lucy. She immediately let Narnia into her heart and had the wonder and strong faith to believe in Narnia and in Aslan all along...I feel that some may overlook her strength, actually. It may not be physical strength, but emotional strength, and/or strength of faith, is nothing to sneeze at.

As my name suggests I just have to say Jadis,since she's an amazing character and one of the things that carries the whole story-she's even in the title! But other than that...I honestly can't decide if I like Lucy more because she's so pure,energetic and kind or Edmund,because he's incredibly relatable and realistically portrayed as the image of a young boy longing to be recognized as something more than second best,thus being driven to betray his half-formed sense of morality.

Edmund used to be my favorite when I first read and watched the movies because the actor, Skandar Keynes is just two years older than me. Now, reading the books again as an adult and not as a little teen girl, I am now more drawn to Peter because he just seems so mature and King-like.

Back