ATTENTION! Language threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

*IOWW the Iasc*

Neglectful, but Alive
Knight of the Noble Order
Emeritus
ATTENTION:
I'm afraid there was a misunderstanding, and the fates of the language threads still need to be discussed. I'm really sorry, this misunderstanding is my fault, but I'm afraid you all have to translate to english again until we get this all sorted out.
I'm really sorry about this, and I hope this will alll be resolved soon.

Last edited:
What does Prince Caspian have to do with a language thread?

Well, with the release of the film there will be plenty of people from around the world that will likely come here in search for others who are interested in Narnia. Some may not be fluent in the English that well and will feel more comfortable sharing their interests in their language with those who are fluent in it as well.

That still doesn't explain PC has to do with languages. Dragging a movie into a problem makes no logical sence what so ever. If the people from around the world comes on here and sees that some of German, French ect is traslated into english I am sure they won't care......as long as the movie is talked about.

That still doesn't explain PC has to do with languages. Dragging a movie into a problem makes no logical sence what so ever. If the people from around the world comes on here and sees that some of German, French ect is traslated into english I am sure they won't care......as long as the movie is talked about.

EDIT: ATTENTION:
I'm afraid there was a misunderstanding, and the fates of the language threads still need to be discussed. I'm really sorry, this misunderstanding is my fault, but I'm afraid you all have to translate to english again until we get this sorted out.
I'm really sorry about this, and I hope this will alll be resolved soon.

Last edited:
All right people. The truth is that ALL threads must be able to be moderated and the mods and admin do not have the language skills to moderate all of the foreign language threads. This forum was started as a Christian and family-friendly forum, but with the concept that all areas need to be able to be sort of policed as to content. Right now, we admin and mods do not have any way of being able to know what is being said in these threads and it is important and our primary jobs to know what is being talked about. I am hopeful that nothing untowards is being talked about on these threads, but we must protect everyone on the forum and that includes all foreign language individuals as well.

Our illustrious leader, Specter :cool:, is currently trying to find some individuals from other international forums to help moderate all foreign language threads. If successful, then the threads will be able to continue. If not, then we will have to stipulate that all threads be done in english so that they can be moderated.

Please give us some time to work this all out and hopefully with some help of other individuals we can soon allow the foreign language threads to continue. In the meantime please refrain from doing so through this time period. We do care about all of you and appreciate you being a part of the family here at TDL, but we must be able to Mod all sections here for the safety of everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back