Beta Reading Society

Twilight, I'm going to have to pull out of this reading society. I'm now only allowed 30 minutes on the computer, from now on, so I can't do this. I'm sorry.

Name: Nightfire95, Ksenia
Writer limit: I could do 3 or 4 at the moment
Critiquing style: I check for grammar and spelling, and most likely also how the story goes on, how readers find it interesting or boring, etc.
Genre preferred: Fantasy, Action, realistic fiction.
Promptness of edit: Maybe sometime the next day, or three days, depending on the length of the story (note: this time period was an average)
Specifications: I’m working on a story on NF (The Rebecca Chronicles), and I hope to get it published when it’s really ready.
Strengths: Well, I am good at writing realistic fiction and fantasy (I think :p)
Weaknesses: My friends are telling me to write mystery, but I’ve never written mystery, so this will definitely be a challenge. ;)
Submission details: First the person may PM me and tell me the basics, then, they can email it to me or PM. I don’t mind whichever one they use.
Current subscribers to service: Not anyone…yet.

Last edited:
Name: Natasia_Vae
Writer Limit: 2
Critiquing style: I'll help with any kind of grammar or spelling errors and also with improving the story line. I can tell you if the pace is good and if characters are under-developed. That sort of thing.
Genre Preffered: Fiction
Promptness of Edit: Probably the next day. It depends on how long the story is.
Specifications: I've always got an A in my English Honors class and I write a little bit on my own.
Strengths: I can give constructive criticism.
Weaknesses: Poetry
Submission Details: Please contact me through PMs.
Current Subscribers to Service: None

I think the name Beta readers is misleading. Not eveyrone knows who that is. Maybe we could get this thread name changed to something like 'Free editor's' or something. I know people want one, but i bet they dont get what a beta reader is and dont want to take the time to find out.

I think the name Beta readers is misleading. Not eveyrone knows who that is. Maybe we could get this thread name changed to something like 'Free editor's' or something. I know people want one, but i bet they dont get what a beta reader is and dont want to take the time to find out.

^agrees. ten thingy

OMG! I need an editor! I really don't care who does it. But it's in the fantasy/medieval/romance genres. ;) It's called "Behind the Facade".
But seriously I don't care who does it!

Back