MLIN: My Life is Narnian

Benisse

Perelandrian
Staff member
Royal Guard
Share your Narnian experiences on this thread...

ifsknUBl.jpg

I came across this painting entitled "Lotus Lilies" by Charles Courtney Curran, and it made me think of the trip through the sea of lilies at the end of Dawn Treader. >>MLIN

We just switched optometrists, and are now seen by Dr. Caspian. When I found out her name I immediately thought of you-know-who. My life is Narnian...

UpS12eAh.jpg

•*My daughter posted the above photo on my facebook page, saying, "This could be Narnia on the other side don't you think?"
My life is Narnian.

• My daughter gave a workshop on relationships at the National Down Syndrome Congress, and used me as an example when talking about bringing up topics that you think The Other Person would like to talk about. "Should I talk to my mom about basketball which she knows nothing about?! No! I should talk to her about Narnia...!"
My life is Narnian.

Some here may remember that a decade ago I was in the paid cast of the Colorado Renaissance Festival. My time there was made the more enjoyable by the friendship of Rob Rice, almost the only other Christian performing a character there. Younger than myself but a longer-established cast member, he showed me the ropes and gave moral support.

On a visit to C.R.F. long after I left the cast, Rob Rice pointed me out to a fetching young lady (much younger than my daughter Annemarie), and described me as "a true Narnian."

This was one of the ten or so nicest compliments I've ever received.

Nice compliment, Copperfox!

When friends post Narnia related memes to my FB page because they know I am a Narniafan...

[May 9, 2021 update]
Or when my daughter wrote a musical script for The Magician's Nephew for me for Mother's Dayearlier this month...
MLIN
(My Life Is Narnian)

Last edited:
Although this nonprofit organziation is making a positive difference especially regarding promoting inclusion for people with disabilities, the name itself -- I still find the name rather jarring. Although I suppose it must have originated from an upstanding acronym, whenever I see or hear it, my thoughts still run to mental images the vile Calormene god.

My life is Narnian.

Attachments

• IMG_7689.JPG
    IMG_7689.JPG
    722.4 KB · Views: 1
This past weekend, Wood Nymph and I returned to the Colorado Renaissance Festival. Rob Rice was there in his character of "Professor Loquacious," but his health is much worse than it used to be. I'm praying for his recovery.

My friend Rob Rice is better since I last mentioned him. Now for another Narnian-life example.

Remember the end-credits song "Can't Take It In?" To this day, the ENDING of something or other sometimes makes me think of that song.

Back