Any other Wizard of Oz fans here?

Has anyone seen the SFC mini-series, Tin Man and Dorothy and the Witches of Oz? I missed them when they were on TV.
Tin-man is ok :D I saw it originally as aired, which at first plays as a sci-fi adaptation of the book until after meeting the wizard were the series drops adaptation all together, though it picks up interesting points with referencing itself in the climax as not a alternate version of the original but being Oz so many thousands of years AFTER the original, with a few non-wizard of oz book references.
I have Witches of Oz, but I've not seen it yet. From what I've read there are 2 cuts of it, the longer TV mini-series cut aired on Sy-Fy in the UK and offered via HBO here, and the theatrical version released on DVD in R1. ON all accounts it apparently aims higher than budget allows, and has quite the script problems. But, I've not seen it myself.

I'm holding my tongue on the new trailer...

Has anyone else been following the Boomerang series Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz. A bit on the childish, but so were the original books. The series actually uses many of the original character from the original books like Hungry Tiger, Patchwork Girl, and best of all Ozma, though their personalities are different. However the Wizard of Oz isn't in the series despite the title. Disney may have copyright over the Wizard now. :)

Last edited:
Back