Narnia Day: March 21

Here is the official Narnia Day page at Byron on Wells:

http://byrononwells.org/narniaday.html

Please make a note of this and link liberally. I am perfectly willing to upload content supplied by other people, but I took the initiative to create this page and urge you to support it.

Here is my official graphic for the 2009 celebration:

narniaday09.jpg

Last edited:
Hey yall, there are 3 contests open on TDL for Narnia Day! They will be judged that day, so get your entries in now. They're in the Brush of Unicorn Hide of Bull area and the Professor's Writing Club. There is a prize for the winner of each contest. Submit your entries ASAP!

There is also a thread open in the Professor's Writing Club where you can write an essay telling us how Narnia has impacted your life. I can't wait to hear all of your stories!

I want to do something so badly! (Yes, you can read it both ways). I want to do a silent film of The Magician's Nephew that looks like it was shot back in the era when the events would have happened. We're talking upright piano score, title cards, black and white silent film, over the top acting, and dialogue that's insightful and to the point such as "By Jove, methinks I see a lion creating the world!" I visualize Uncle Andrew rubbing his hands together melodramatically as he talks about (spreading arms wide) the wonders of scientific exploration. Oh how I want to do this! :D

celebrating early

A friend of mine is organizing a pre-Narnia day celebration to honor our favorite favorite Irish author on St. Patrick's Day. We are all going to wear green, eat homemade soda bread and swap C.S. Lewis quotes.

Just returned from our St.Patrick's C.S. Lewis fete. The food was great (very green too) and visiting and sharing quotes was really relaxing and interesting. Most were from his theological works, but I brought along my Last Battle and shared:

"The term is ended: the holidays have begun. The dream is ended: this is the morning.

And as He spoke He no longer looked to them like a lion; but the things that began to happen after that were so great and beautiful that I cannot write them. And for us this is the end of all the stories, and we can most truly say that they all lived happily ever after. But for them it was only the beginning of the real story. All their life in this world and all their adiventures in Narnia had only been the cover and the title page: now at last they were beginning Chapter One of the Great Story which no one on earth has read: which goes on for ever: in which ever chapter is better than the one before."

Cool, that's in three days! What shall I do - maybe borrow LWW from my university library (my own copies of the DVDs are at home)? Or perhaps I'll just read the books, which I have with me. ;) And I'll try to pop in here sometime to see what everyone's up to.

I know what I'm doing for Narnia day!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

you want me to tell you? really? OK!!!

I am buying a new bookcase to put all my Narnia books and other memorabilia on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!! That will be an awesome way to spend Narnia Day! Just going through all my Narnia stuff and organizing it all in a new home! And I'll watch a movie while I'm at it, and play the LWW soundtrack, and have my computer do a slide show of Narnia Pictures..... Now I'm all excited!!!!!!!!:D

I WAS going to celebrate it on the 25, but due to a flood that we are having right now, my appointment was moved to May, so I might just have to watch the movies sometime this weekend. :)

take care, CaspianGirl

I WAS going to celebrate it on the 25, but due to a flood that we are having right now, my appointment was moved to May, so I might just have to watch the movies sometime this weekend. :)

A flood? Hope you and your family is okay...

I love Narnia day! I had come home from a mission trip just the day before so I celebrated by talking to everyone I saw about Narnia! I also listened to my Narnia music!

Would it perhaps be alright for Narnia Fan Fiction Revolution to post something about this? Maybe join in? We have a few members that I'm sure would love to participate.

And we're contemplating recording our one year anniversary episode of AsCast that day and having people call in live to the show, so that might be a nice part of the celebration, too...

Just wondering! :)

Back