Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Janeway, Voyager

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Archer, Enterprise

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Other - state who in your post

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hey, so CBS is working on a new Star Trek series! Let's play armchair producer... What would you like to see in a new Star Trek series? Who would be a good new captain? Would you like to see a new Enterprise or and entirely new ship? Time frame?

I think they should either put the new show in the future after the previous shows, especially if they're going to get a brand new Enterprise... Or if they're using a brand new ship (not the Enterprise) they could possibly set it during the time of the Next Generation or maybe even the original series... It could be interesting.

I also think something they could do that hasn't been done before would be to make the new series about a Medical Cruiser... Kinda like a half military drama with the bridge crew and officers and half a medical drama with all the doctors and medical personnel...

What are all your thoughts?

Hey, so CBS is working on a new Star Trek series! Let's play armchair producer... What would you like to see in a new Star Trek series? Who would be a good new captain? Would you like to see a new Enterprise or and entirely new ship? Time frame?

I think they should either put the new show in the future after the previous shows, especially if they're going to get a brand new Enterprise... Or if they're using a brand new ship (not the Enterprise) they could possibly set it during the time of the Next Generation or maybe even the original series... It could be interesting.

I also think something they could do that hasn't been done before would be to make the new series about a Medical Cruiser... Kinda like a half military drama with the bridge crew and officers and half a medical drama with all the doctors and medical personnel...

What are all your thoughts?

I'm conflicted on the new show (mainly because producers have stated they're going to be all-inclusive which means there are no holds-barred on what is or isn't a family).

That said, it should be a new ship (and will be, if the title Star Trek: Discovery is any indicator). So far we have not seen a captain cast, so I would like another woman. Every captain except 1 has been a man, and women are just too relegated to supporting roles in these series. I have CBS All Access, so I'll more than likely tune in, but they will lose some of my interest/respect if they follow the Abrams timeline. I do NOT like that timeline but am okay with it outside of the timeline of the other shows/films (because I considered it an alternate universe only).

According to the Wikipedia page, ST D will actually focus on the First Officer

The cast list as shown on Wikipedia:

Sonequa Martin-Green as Lt Commander Rainsford
Doug Jones as Lt. Saru, science officer
Anthony Rapp as Stamets, a science officer

Recurring characters:

Michelle Yeoh as Captain Georgiou of the USS Shenzhou
Three Klingons:
Shazad Latif as Kol, the Klingon Commanding officer
Chris Obi as T'Kuvma, a Klingon leader
Mary Chieffo as L'Rell: Battle Deck Commander of the Klingon ship.

The show will take place in the TV show universe and about a decade before TOS.

MrBob

Last edited:
Recently announced: Jason Isaacs will play Discovery's Captain Lorca in the show, which has been pushed back until the late summer or early fall. Jason Isaacs, to remind everyone here, played Lucius Malfoy in the Harry Potter movies.

MrBob

I missed most of the first episode last night due to the football game ending late, which messed up the scheduling for CBS.

One thing I did see was the use of a hologram communications device. Did they have those in TOS? They need to really understand the technology of the era they are writing for, not necessarily what looks cool.

MrBob

I don't think they did, but I could be wrong. The Klingons also don't look to be correct for the time period, but then they were definitely not correct during the Enterprise era.

I won't be watching the series (for various reasons, plus that's $8/month I don't need to be spending).

I've been a fan of the original Star Trek series and the reboot universe (starring Chris Pine) since I was fourteen (I'm too lazy to dig back so far on this thread, but more than likely, I posted something here when I first started watching, lol...I had a crush on Spock, both Nimoy and Quinto, in a biiiig way for a long time there), but recently discovered that I have the H&I channel. Every weeknight starting at 7, they play all of the Star Treks -- TOS, TNG, DS9, Voyager, and Enterprise.

Because of this, my love of Star Trek has recently been rekindled, and I've also been able to view more of a variety of the series than I had access to in the past. Before, the only episodes I'd seen of TNG and DS9 were selections on "Fan Favorites" DVDs I got for Christmas in 2009. But now, thanks to H&I, I have fallen in love with TNG and DS9, and have at least seen a bit of Voyager and Enterprise. (Usually by the time those ones come on, I'm starting to get tired and settle into my usual nighttime ritual of Facebook and various fansites, lol.)

I have not yet had a chance to see the new series (I don't have CBS All Access, nor do I care to spring for it, and I haven't bothered to rent the DVD/Blu-ray and watch it because I'm busy working my way through two other series -- Rizzoli & Isles and the original Charmed -- but I digress), but I am really enjoying exploring the old ones a bit further, and thought I'd just pop in here to say so, lol!

I've been a fan of the original Star Trek series and the reboot universe (starring Chris Pine) since I was fourteen (I'm too lazy to dig back so far on this thread, but more than likely, I posted something here when I first started watching, lol...I had a crush on Spock, both Nimoy and Quinto, in a biiiig way for a long time there), but recently discovered that I have the H&I channel. Every weeknight starting at 7, they play all of the Star Treks -- TOS, TNG, DS9, Voyager, and Enterprise.

Because of this, my love of Star Trek has recently been rekindled, and I've also been able to view more of a variety of the series than I had access to in the past. Before, the only episodes I'd seen of TNG and DS9 were selections on "Fan Favorites" DVDs I got for Christmas in 2009. But now, thanks to H&I, I have fallen in love with TNG and DS9, and have at least seen a bit of Voyager and Enterprise. (Usually by the time those ones come on, I'm starting to get tired and settle into my usual nighttime ritual of Facebook and various fansites, lol.)

I have not yet had a chance to see the new series (I don't have CBS All Access, nor do I care to spring for it, and I haven't bothered to rent the DVD/Blu-ray and watch it because I'm busy working my way through two other series -- Rizzoli & Isles and the original Charmed -- but I digress), but I am really enjoying exploring the old ones a bit further, and thought I'd just pop in here to say so, lol!

I have H&I also, but I keep forgetting they show ST at night. I did watch some Voyager the other night and an episode of Enterprise. DS9 is my favorite series following closely by TNG.

I haven't watched Discovery, and I've heard from several fans who say it's not very good in general (they're also actively promoting some agendas that I disagree with). Am curious, though, about the new Picard series set to be available end of 2019. Patrick Stewart is back (yay for my favorite captain!)!

I have H&I also, but I keep forgetting they show ST at night. I did watch some Voyager the other night and an episode of Enterprise. DS9 is my favorite series following closely by TNG.

I haven't watched Discovery, and I've heard from several fans who say it's not very good in general (they're also actively promoting some agendas that I disagree with). Am curious, though, about the new Picard series set to be available end of 2019. Patrick Stewart is back (yay for my favorite captain!)!

I'm honestly not that interested in Discovery and haven't been, even when it was first announced...I have a few FB friends who keep encouraging me to watch it, but since I don't have CBS All Access or internet suitable for online streaming of any kind, I would have to actively seek a rental copy of Discovery, and since I'm not that interested in it, I feel like it would just sit there on my bedstand for a week and I wouldn't end up watching it, anyway. Right now, I'm happy to be finally seeing more TNG and DS9.

I haven't heard much yet about the Picard series, but it does sound interesting. I'm sure my Mom (a huge TNG fan) would be interested, as well, I'll have to tell her about it!

Bump this thread! If any people wander into TDL, I want them to see a place to talk about Star Trek. So much has happened since the last posts in here.

I loved the first 3 seasons of Star Trek Discovery. Sonequa Martin Green is amazing, the storylines were fantastic -- Michele Yeough as Georgiou (sp?) was splendid. I am a bit lost in season 4 to be honest; I am not liking the DMA storyline? It feels like the emphasis on having one overarching villain to fight each season is getting thin. A monster or adventure of the week would be fine with me.

And another update: while struggling to stay fit in 202 after I couldn't go to the gym anymore, I was working out on one of those portable elliptical machines at home, and I watched Star Trek Voyager from the beginning as I worked out. I am currently in season 5, and I love it a lot. I didn't know whether I would like it, but I really do. I can't wait to see how the series resolves.

Also a fan of the adult-cartoon animated Lower Decks. They make the kind of jokes my brothers and I would make about Star Trek, but they still retain the adventures and themes of classic ST. Nice!

OK, if anybody is here, and cares, let me know what you think!

Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 4.16.50 PM.png

Alas Winn Adami.

Louise Fletcher, who played they conniving Vedek and then Kai Winn on Star TRek DS9 has died at the age of 88. She was already an acclaimed actress before the role and loved the role of Winn, for which she won 4 best actress in a syndicated/drama series for the Online Film and Television Association.

MrBob

Back