Contest #6: Narnian Recipes

Is dinner ready yet? I'm getting hungry, but I don't have as iron a constitution as Gondor Girl so I can't eat random objects. So... Any recipes?

Wait.... it isn't over yet? YAY! I haven't missed it! I am so going to try and enter. I have the perfect idea!

Edit: Here is mine!!! Sincerely hoping I followed the rules.. This was in the book :p!

Puddleglum's Eel Stew:

PIC-0101.jpg

See the eels???

You need:
-One 29oz can of mixed veggies
-Two 26oz cans of four cheese spaghetti sauce
-1 teaspoon of chilli powder (more or less to taste)
-(About) 10 meatballs
-A handful of shredded cheese.
-And finally, homemade egg noodles made to look like eels.

PIC-0094.jpg

Stuff I used.. Mostly.

Egg noodles:
There are many ways to make homemade egg noodles and I am sure your favorite recipe will work just as well lol, but here is the one I used =). (I prepared two different noodle recipes, the one pictured above in the right of the picture, and the one in the bowl. I prefer the one below - it's quicker. :p.)

-2 cups of flour (either self rising or all purpose)
-2 eggs (the fresher the better, never try this with almost expired eggs. Bad idea)
-2 half egg shells full of milk.

Set up a big pot of boiling water. Put the flour in the bowl first, then create a dent in the middle of the bowl, and pour in the milk and eggs. Mix well and then you can either roll it out on the table and cut it into long strips to make eels, or you can pull it apart and make eels like so.

PIC-0099.jpg

Aww what a cute little eel! Puddleglum would be proud!!!

Toss the flour-y eels into the pot one at a time while the water is rapidly boiling. Cook for around six minutes or until you think they are tender enough. Do not over cook. Drain and set aside.

Stew:
Prepare meatballs ahead of time. Mine were microwaved.

While the eels are being prepared and cooked, put the two cans of spaghetti sauce, the one can of mixed veggies, and the meatballs into a pot on medium heat, stirring ever so often.

When the stew is hot enough add the chilli powder to taste and turn down the heat.

Add noodles when done, and heat for a few more minutes until it's warm enough.

PIC-0102.jpg

Tasty! No seriously, it is.

And that's my interpretation of how to make Eel stew... Without the eels xD!

... Can I enter something else?
LOL! JK!​

Last edited:
Your interpretation of eel stew actually sounds delicious, and a lot less bony than actual eel stew. (I've never actually had eel except in sushi, although I have had snake soup (Chinese recipe, very yummy but --not surprisingly-- Very bony!).

Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to test your recipe :)

Well this contest is closed. Although there was only one entry, it had such outstanding merit and demonstrated creativity and excellence in presentation, that ndfan 1993 is being awarded a special Sweepstakes prize :D
Bon Appetit, April!
23ljr88.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you Benisse xD. It's beautiful! I do feel almost bad for being the only one entering though.. And for not responding earlier =/ xD. Lol. But the contest was super fun to do!

The banner is SO pretty and ty again =)!

Ty :p. I honestly don't think it's the best recipe I've ever come up with (I was going to bake something but I only had two eggs :p. LOL.) however, when served to my family they said it was good lol :p.
Ty again =).

ndfan,
I was thinking I might make your mock eel dish on mother's day, but instead I was treated to Japanese food for lunch, and Guess What!! I got to eat genuine braised eel! It was delicious and sliced in C-rings (deboned :))... only rather fishy tasting.

And then I got treated to Greek food for dinner. I was soooo pampered!

Back