Contest #5: Narnian Theme Park

Benisse

Perelandrian
Staff member
Royal Guard
Okay all you brilliant designers out there. It's time to design a virtual Narnian Theme Park! So this contest, which will run through January 30, and will be a competition that invites proposals and drawings of rides or attractions that you would like to see in an amusement park featuring the Chronicles of Narnia.

Here are the entry specifications:
1. Title of your ride or attraction (in the subject line of your post), which should be clearly Narnian based

2. Brief Description of your design -- what it does, why it's such a tremendous experience, etc. Think "info-mercial" or hawker; you want to make us really want to go on your ride the most because winners will be selected by a forum wide poll ;)

3. Include a sketch or picture file of your ultimate ride!

Remember: contest deadline is 11:59 January 30, 2011 Pacific Standard Time, but you can submit designs any time before then. Multiple entries are okay.
Onward and upward!

Last edited:
I would love to see a Narnia theme park and be able to go to it. I would have a ride called "Voyage on the Dawn Treader." It would be where you ride on the Dawn Treader with water beneath you, and the effects of being out at sea. It would also include visual footage of the characters as you go along on your voyage.

I have the most wonderful Narnia ride in my imagination. Unfortunately I can't draw or create a picture of it but I can describe it. It is being constantly added to though as new movies come out and I find new things to add.

It starts with Magician's Nephew and goes through the adventures there, everything that happened is shown as you go past in a small roller-coaster car type thing that changes with each book/movie. After Magician's Nephew it goes to Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, then Horse and his boy, Prince Caspian and so on until you get to Last Battle. It chronicles the whole book series and shows you what happened in each book as you go by. The images constantly change and alter as you ride past. Your coaster-car changes with each book (for example; in LWW you would be riding on Aslan, in Dawn Treader the car would look like the Dawn Treader).
Often things pop out beside you, like the White Witch, the Sea Serpent, a great green Snake, ect. It is rather frightening at times but exhilerating(sp?) at others. The transition between books differ as well; in Dawn Treader for example you would go over the wave and end up at the begining of Silver Chair.
Sometimes you will hear the more famous lines from the books/movies being spoken by people at the appropriate parts (like; FOR NARNIA AND FOR ASLAN! or Time! Time! TIME!) but for the most part nobody speaks.

That is a rather pitiful description and it is much better in my mind but you get the basic idea. You also see why it would be hard to draw or create a image of.;) It is to be called something like, "The chronicling of Narnia" or "All their adventures in Narnia..." or something of the sort.

Hmm, I hope this isn't considered spamming because I probably can't enter but....:eek:;)

Great start, Mewsie and Narnia Bookworm! I am starting to get a feel for the general layout from your rides. NB's Voyage of the Dawn Treader could be built on a centrally located lake, with Mewsie's Chronicles roller coaster wrapping around the perimeter of the park...

I have the most wonderful Narnia ride in my imagination. Unfortunately I can't draw or create a picture of it but I can describe it. It is being constantly added to though as new movies come out and I find new things to add.

It starts with Magician's Nephew and goes through the adventures there, everything that happened is shown as you go past in a small roller-coaster car type thing that changes with each book/movie. After Magician's Nephew it goes to Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, then Horse and his boy, Prince Caspian and so on until you get to Last Battle. It chronicles the whole book series and shows you what happened in each book as you go by. The images constantly change and alter as you ride past. Your coaster-car changes with each book (for example; in LWW you would be riding on Aslan, in Dawn Treader the car would look like the Dawn Treader).
Often things pop out beside you, like the White Witch, the Sea Serpent, a great green Snake, ect. It is rather frightening at times but exhilerating(sp?) at others. The transition between books differ as well; in Dawn Treader for example you would go over the wave and end up at the begining of Silver Chair.
Sometimes you will hear the more famous lines from the books/movies being spoken by people at the appropriate parts (like; FOR NARNIA AND FOR ASLAN! or Time! Time! TIME!) but for the most part nobody speaks.

That is a rather pitiful description and it is much better in my mind but you get the basic idea. You also see why it would be hard to draw or create a image of.;) It is to be called something like, "The chronicling of Narnia" or "All their adventures in Narnia..." or something of the sort.

Hmm, I hope this isn't considered spamming because I probably can't enter but....:eek:;)
I sooo would go to this park!!!!! Love your idea Mozart!

Great Idea

What a great contest idea. I love Disney theme parks and aspire to work for Walt Elias Disney Imagineering. I can't wait to get started on my proposal.

Hi ndfan,
by all means feel free to design more than one ride! There is plenty of space still in our Narnia theme park...

Also, any clever suggestions for what to call our amusement park?

Congratulations designers!

Thank you to Narnia_bookworm and to Mewsie for their wonderful rides. Because there were no other plans submitted for attractions, you both are awarded the virtual rank of NarniaPark Designer

23sgrp1.jpg

for outstanding imagination and creativity for Narnia and the North!
Onward and upward!

Last edited:
If I ever get to go to such a park, I'll be sure to go in costume!

You know how the winters arrive and depart;
Each one leaves a bit more old age in my heart.
But rise from your bed, and we'll dance all the same;
The tree of remembrance will tell me your name.

Back