Contest #8 Fanfic 2011 Awards

Benisse

Perelandrian
Staff member
Royal Guard
Announcing a Fanfic 2011 Awards Contest

Specifications
1. Fanfic = a story, or poem set in Narnia or with Narnian characters (at least one of which needs to be mentioned in the Chronicles)
2. Word limit: 2000 or less (so the judges will not be overwhelmed during the Christmas holidays) -- Note: This limit was pretty much ignored in the judging this year
3. Qualifying entries need to be posted in the Professor's Writing Club between January 1, 2011 and December 15, 2011
4. Only one entry per person per genre will be considered, so if you have posted multiple fanfics/poems this year, please select your favorite One story or One poem you would like to have considered for judging and pm me by 12/15

Note: All qualifying (re: posting-date and length) Narnian fanfics will be automatically entered in this contest, so if you have only one posted in the Professor's Writing Club, you don't have to do anything.

5. Revisions are welcome up to midnight Pacific Time on 12/15

Awards will be announced on Epiphany Day, January 6, 2012
Have fun!!!

Last edited:
Annemarie,
I just revised the rules to clarify the fact that All qualifying (re: posting-date and length) Narnian fanfics will be automatically entered in this contest, so if you have only one posted in the Professor's Writing Club, you don't have to do anything. However, if you have posted multiple works this year please choose your favorite and let me know by 11/15 or before which one you would like considered for a recognition award. (Update-- As it turned out multiple pieces ended up being considered as well this year. We are still feeling our way in this judging thing.)

Of course you are welcome to write a new fanfic just for this contest, or revise one that you have already posted this year.

Last edited:
Annemarie,
I just revised the rules to clarify the fact that All qualifying (re: posting-date and length) Narnian fanfics will be automatically entered in this contest, so if you have only one posted in the Professor's Writing Club, you don't have to do anything. However, if you have posted multiple works this year please choose your favorite and let me know by 11/15 or before which one you would like considered for a recognition award.

Of course you are welcome to write a new fanfic just for this contest, or revise one that you have already posted this year.

Thank you for the clarification, Benisse.

Note: There is one month left before fanficpoetry/prose selections are screened for eligibility for Fanfic 2011 awards (posted between 1-1-11 and 12-15-11). If you need to edit one of your stories, essays or poems that are in the Professor's Writing Club to make sure it does not exceed the word count max or to polish one of your pieces now is the time to do so...

Update: this limit was lifted/ignored in the judging this year.

Last edited:
Judging has begun for fanfic awards during 2011. However some threads of stories and poems are no longer in the current cache. If you wrote a Narnian fanfic or Narnian poem that does not appear in the current Professor's Writing Club, please add a post to it TODAY so that it will come up in the queue so it can be considered... I would hate to have anyone's work overlooked because it is too far down in the pile!
blessings
Benisse

Congratulation to Fanfiction Awardees for 2011!

Judging is in for the 2011 Fanfiction Awards!
4sfi4i.jpg

As you can imagine it was a challenge for the judges, so the following considerations were kept in mind:
♦ ranking was based on what was in the Professor's Writing Club current cache as of 12/31/2011, regardless of word count.
♦ and they looked for pieces, either fiction or poetry that best reflected the canonical world of Narnia, although there is one special award because of service to the forum, as you will see.

2011 Fanfiction Awards

Golden Lion Award for Best Fanfiction of 2011
Chisha 92 for "Disenchanted" and "Christmas Without You (An Enchanted Tale)"

2011 Story Award
Celestial Host for "Empress of the Lone Islands"

2011 Cliffhanger* Award
Fernshire Hobbit for "There is a Forest Between the Worlds"
(= *Please finish your story! We want to know what happens next!)

2011 Poem Award
Narnia_bookworm for Untitled ("My eyes were closed")

Special Recognition Awards:

Novella Award
Evening Star and Copperfox for Swept Away

Etiology* Award
Copperfox for Southward the Tigers
(*etiology = a story that explains the origin of something -- In this story the origin of Tash and Calormenes and much more is expounded)

2011 Best Fanfiction Thread
"What if [x] wrote the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe?"
Thanks to Evening Star and duffer friends for a most entertaining collection of sketches :)

2011 Special Recognition Award
to Copperfox for Outstanding Service to the Forum through his Sonnets Thread

You have made the Dancing Lawn a friendlier place by your descriptions
of so many members in three quatrains and a couplet.

53uwb8.jpg

(The wardrobe in this photo originally belonged to C.S. Lewis.)

Congratulations to all those who contributed to the Professor's Writing Club this past year, and to those who are already adding pieces to it in 2012. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us!
Happy New Year,
Benisse (for all the judges)
P.S. This Year's Winners will be tapped as judges for Next Year's Awards... So brace yourself all ye Badgers and Foxes, etc!
PPS. Next year the judges would like to see more fanfic poetry...

Last edited:
Let me be the first one to congratulate all the winners! Now I'll go over and read or re-read your wonderful tales!

Back