The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans > The Stone Table > Prayer Requests

Notices

Prayer Requests Need Prayers? We're here for you!

Old 01-05-2018, 12:20 AM
Friend of Narnia

Lady of Narnia will become famous soon enough
Default Panic Attacks

So.. pretty much all of last year I struggled a lot with panic attacks/anxiety pretty badly. The last half of the year I felt like I had a good handle on managing it/fighting it and it had become much less of an issue.

However. A week of two ago I found out that I was pregnant with our second child. I had suspected that I was, but it was confirmed for me then. This was wonderful news, and my husband and I are both very excited, but pregnancy (especially early pregnancy for me) comes with a lot of surging hormones and mood swings and now all of a sudden, it's like I can't manage the anxiety any more. I feel like I am constantly being bombarded by morbid thoughts and fears that I thought had been dealt with (what if something happens to the baby, what if something happens to me, if I die my son is going to grow up without me, etc.)
It feels like being under attack and all of a sudden it's like a thousand times harder to fight back. I know that God hasn't abandoned me, and I realize that the thoughts that I have are irrational and based on fear, but somehow knowing those things don't always make it easier to fight. I feel so tired and afraid and tired of being afraid.

Anxiety is probably a battle that I will be fighting for the rest of my life here on earth, and I am okay with that. It's my "thorn" as Paul would say, haha. I'm just going through a period where I feel like I have no strength to fight and the hormones make me really irrational at times. So I guess what I'm asking is prayer for peace and strength; and if the Lord sees fit to take the anxiety away, then wonderful, and if not, then okay.

My Society6 shop: http://society6.com/AliceHanson
My Tumblr: http://alicekingsleigh93.tumblr.com/

Official Note-Taker of the IA
Old 01-05-2018, 11:31 AM
Scourge of Squirreldom

Glenburne is a name known to allGlenburne is a name known to allGlenburne is a name known to allGlenburne is a name known to allGlenburne is a name known to allGlenburne is a name known to all

Praying for you, Lonny.

He marked the wood and the cloven ways
With an old captain's eyes,
And he thought how many a time had he
Sought to see Doom he could not see;
How ruin had come and victory,
And both were a surprise.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:00 AM
Perelandrian

Benisse is just really niceBenisse is just really niceBenisse is just really niceBenisse is just really niceBenisse is just really nice

Praying for peace and strength to turn from those ensnaring thoughts, and for a heart to overflow with thanksgiving in every situation instead. May God reassure you in every situation that he is truly with you:
Philippians 4:4-8

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!

5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.

6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

Lonny,
God's word is powerful and can cut through our fears if we can focus on listening to His truth speaking to us, surrounding us and shielding us. I experienced this power before I became a mother, when I had been diagnosed with breast cancer and had gone through surgery, but I was then facing my first round of chemo within days -- and I was so anxious and conflicted I couldn't sleep. In fact I woke up my husband and asked him, "God is able to heal me... maybe I am already healed now. Do I really need to go through chemo? What if this is all unnecessary?" I was afraid, and wanted to avoid the path before me. My dear patient husband sleepily got his Bible out and together we read, Psalm 46:1-2:

God is our refuge and strength,
A very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear,
Even though the earth be removed,
And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea...

It suddenly struck me that God was my protection from external ills ( = refuge from harmful side effects of chemo -- including sterilization) as well as a comfort from inner turmoil ( = strength in the face of my own fears within). The Lord had me totally covered, inside and out No Matter What! My anxiety melted away in the light of this truth. It wasn't that I thought I would be immune from the ill effects of chemo and radiation, but that I was suddenly impressed with the fact that God was the one in control-- and He was/is the One who loves me most of all. So no matter what happened I could trust Him. And after my husband and I prayed together, I was then easily able to drift into peaceful sleep.

May God's truth similarly truly bless your deepest heart of hearts, speaking peace and comfort and freedom to your soul.
((hugs)) Bénisse

Xin Yesu... Xiang Yesu
Believe Jesus... Be like Jesus