TDL Contest #1 - Fan art, LWW Cover.

Which art submission do you like best? (Feel free to add comments in the thread)

• Lucy but Taller, post #16 (page 2)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nessa, post #28 (page 3)

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Jill_Poll_Wannabe, post #48 (page 5)

• Benisse, post #51 (page 6)

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • BarbarianKing, post #59 (page 6)

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • NarniaGirl12, post #62 (page 7)

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • ndfan1993, post #77 (page 8)

• Powl, post #83 (page 9)

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • ~DayDreamer~, post 84, (page 9)

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Into the Wardrobe

Friend and Surrogate Mom
Knight of the Noble Order
Emeritus
Ok friends, the new events area will have many things for you to interact with and the first is a contest for fan art. Each person can submit one entry, and it must be submitted by May 31st. You must make a potential book cover for The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe.

You cannot use movie images to do this, you must draw it.

These submissions will not be used on real books, but it is fun to imagine what it would be like if we could create our own. It's always fun to see one another's art work as well. :D

At present we don't have tangible prizes, but maybe we'll come up with some virtual ones like the avvies Inkling created for the Narnia Day winners.

Happy Drawing my friends!
:)

Don't use copyrighted stuff. It needs to be original work.

Entries are to be posted in this thread.

You can do simple edits on your computer, but make sure your work is original and not stuff like clipart images. Just draw or paint something and scan it. Once you submit your work on here it cannot be changed. Your cover can have many images on it, but it has to be submitted as one whole work of art. One book cover.

I don't believe there's a limit on the types of media one can use as long as they're family friendly and legal.

Last edited:
Rules questions:
Are you allowed to edit your drawing on the computer?
Are you allowed to put different drawing into the same drawing using the computer?
Are there rules as to what media to use?
Do you simply have to post entries on this thread?
Are there any rules as to using other copyrighted images or drawings for reference?

Rules questions:
Are you allowed to edit your drawing on the computer?
Are you allowed to put different drawing into the same drawing using the computer?
Are there rules as to what media to use?
Do you simply have to post entries on this thread?
Are there any rules as to using other copyrighted images or drawings for reference?

Don't use copyrighted stuff. It needs to be original work.

Entries are to be posted in this thread.

You can do simple edits on your computer, but make sure your work is original and not stuff like clipart images. Just draw or paint something and scan it. Once you submit your work on here it cannot be changed. Your cover can have many images on it, but it has to be submitted as one whole work of art. One book cover.

I don't believe there's a limit on the types of media one can use as long as they're family friendly and legal.

I will do this with my pentop pen,a pen that records what you write.That's ok,right?:)

I don't know what that is, but I think it's ok.

Can I try enter this? It'll give me something to do when I'm bored.

Go for it! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

My scanner has a mind of its own... is it okay to take a picture of my submission instead? :eek:

I think that would be fine as long as the picture of your submission is clear enough for people to see your wonderful art. Yall are one up on me...I don't have a scanner plugged in or anything. I'd have to go to someone else's house to do this.

By all means dear and wonderful TDL members, enter this contest! *does the happy dance*

alright,here's mine.I did NOT,I repeat NOT make this on the computer.I have special pen that records things I draw.But ut came out a little sloppy compared to what it actually looks like.

http://www.narniafans.com/forum/album.php?albumid=203&pictureid=2718
Awful,I know.

*gasps* AUDREY!!!! It's not awful! It's got tons of detail compared to what mine looks so far! Mine'll look so plain next to yours! Plus, I would be finishing it up right about now, but I took it to school on friday and accidentally left it in my locker. :eek: :rolleyes:

How is this contest going to be judged?

We're still determining who will judge it. The staff probably will judge the contest. Inkling gave several criteria for the last one and since this one is a bit different we'll probably tweak it a bit. :D
If there were less than 10 entries I'd probably start a poll but we'll have to wait and see. I'm hoping there will be more than 10 entries. I'm hoping everyone will get involved. We want to make contests where people can be creative and have fun a regular thing on here. So, if someone doesn't win the first one, keep trying! Don't give up! :)

Back