C.S. Lewis Quote Calendar 2011

I would like to do one! I've been looking through my book of C. S. Lewis quotes today. I haven't decided on one yet, but I'll let you know tomorrow what quote and what month I want to do.

Terrific, Zella! I'm so glad you have time to help out :D
Note: Check post 1 of this thread to see what quotes have already been chosen.

I would very much like to attempt a calendar page. I've never made graphics before, but I'd like to try something. :)

I'll let you know when I decide what quote and month I would like to do. :)

I would very much like to attempt a calendar page. I've never made graphics before, but I'd like to try something. :)

I'll let you know when I decide what quote and month I would like to do. :)

Yea! Can't wait to see what you come up with, Miss R!

I'm a novice in terms of graphics, but here is my attempt for a calendar cover sheet. The photo is a sculpture in Lewis' honor in Belfast, Ireland, and the sketch is mine.

Attachments

• Lewis calendar cover 2011.jpg
    Lewis calendar cover 2011.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
I like that! :)

I've looked over a bunch of C.S. Lewis quotes, and found several that I hadn't heard before. I had lots of fun. :D I compiled quite a list, and ruled out the ones I couldn't find suitable images for. :p

I've think I've decided to do one about heaven, and will probably do one of the below quotes.

"I have come home at last! This is my real country! I belong here. This is the land I have been looking for all my life, though I never knew it till now...Come further up, come further in!"
— C.S. Lewis (The Last Battle)

Your place in heaven will seem to be made for you and you alone, because you were made for it -- made for it stitch by stitch as a glove is made for a hand."
— C.S. Lewis (The Problem of Pain)

Opinions?

I FINALLY made the thing... It was extremely difficult for me, having no knowledge of such things, but I was able to do it with a little instruction from GG.

I may end up doing a different one. I tried to do one with the Jewel quote, but the perfect artwork I found was copyrighted, and the other one was grainy when resized. So I'll probably go with this one.

PLEASE criticize me. This is my first attempt at a graphic, and I'd like to know what to do differently in the future.

It may be too small though. :( I don't know how to fix that, or what the size requirements are.

Attachments

• Your Place in Heaven.jpg
    Your Place in Heaven.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 65
What a wonderful picture for your quote, Miss R !
It is especially appropriate for April since it is the month with Easter :)
The height of your graphic is fine but you might want to make it wider since the optimum size for the calendar pieces is 280 pixels tall by 600 pixels wide. Your April could be moved off of the clouds and be placed to the side (as in the blank background area in the attached image below) to stretch it out wider if you like. But really you should be pleased with your efforts just as it is! :D

Attachments

• april heaven 2011.jpg
    april heaven 2011.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Thank you! I found the picture online, and thought it would be pretty. :)

I found a place online where I could change the photo's dimensions, and even change the file type. I have to go now, but I'll load the resized picture on later. :)

Here is the resized photo. It looks a little bit stretched, though. :(

Is this better? :)

Attachments

• 9182.jpg
    9182.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 83
I'm a novice in terms of graphics, but here is my attempt for a calendar cover sheet. The photo is a sculpture in Lewis' honor in Belfast, Ireland, and the sketch is mine.

I like it! Great job on the sketch!

Here is the resized photo. It looks a little bit stretched, though. :(

Is this better? :)

It's lovely, Miss D! Very nice!:D And GG's right; it doesn't look stretched.

I would like to use the quote, "The best is perhaps what we understand least" for August if that's all right.

I just noticed that I was supposed to use original artwork or photos instead of using googleimages. Oops.... do I need to start over again?

Hi Miss R
For the calendar, original work is preferred, but as long as you are not using copyrighted material, it is okay -- no need to redo your month. Thanks for being so conscientious!

Hi Miss R
For the calendar, original work is preferred, but as long as you are not using copyrighted material, it is okay -- no need to redo your month. Thanks for being so conscientious!
You're welcome. :) If we do this next year, I'll do my own photography. I'm glad it's all right. After all, it would be kinda difficult to take a picture of heaven... :rolleyes:

I would love to try!! I do not know what month, but I found a quote by him that I used in an English Paper that I could use. I would rather not get up to get the paper and so forth now, so the quote will be a surprise.. :) that is if i can do one.. :)

Back