Contest #4: The Great Christmas Card Competition

Benisse

Perelandrian
Staff member
Royal Guard
You are all cordially invited
to the Great Christmas Card Competition 2010!

What: Design a Christmas Card consisting of
[1] a cover picture (text optional)
[2] an inside greeting (text only)

When: Submissions welcomed from now until November 30, 11:59 Pacific Standard Time.
Judging will take place December 1-6 and winners will be announced on this thread.

There will be two categories for judging, and you may enter either or both -- but only one entry per person per category, okay?
Category 1: Narnian Christmas (Narnian characters or quotes, Father Christmas in Narnia, or winter in Narnia, etc.)
Category 2: True Christmas (related to the CHRISTmas story)

Prizes: There will be 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place avvies given in each of the two categories. Thanks to our prize designers, Zella and Lila!!

Note: Entries should focus on original art and original photos; however, quotations are allowed in the text.

Submissions will judged on the basis of originality, design, harmony between text and art, and suitableness for downloading to use as an actual Christmas card :)

Have fun! Be creative!

Cool. Does it have a Narnia theme, or any Christmas theme?

I am still working on my calendar entry ...

Cool. Does it have a Narnia theme, or any Christmas theme?

I am still working on my calendar entry ...

There are two categories, so you can either go with a Narnian Christmas theme, or else you can do a card that focuses on True Christmas (i.e., Jesus' nativity).

Prizes are special Avvies this time graciously designed by Lila and Zella. :D

...and Thanks for working on the calendar too, Inky!

can we draw the Christmas cards? I mean like draw the pictures and write the text we want then scan them in? and can we use stickers?
(I love making cards :D)

Drawn designs get extra points for originality, so by all means create your art by hand and scan them in. I would avoid stickers though, because they would not count as original art.

Drawn designs get extra points for originality, so by all means create your art by hand and scan them in. I would avoid stickers though, because they would not count as original art.

I'm entering then. I'll probably do the Narnia themed one but I may do a Christmas one. Or I might combine them. That'd be fine wouldn't it? To combine Narnia and Christmas catagorys?

Overlap is totally fine. In the case of Narnian and True Christmas overlap entries, however, they would be judged with the other Narnian cards :)

You are all cordially invited
to the Great Christmas Card Competition 2010!

What: Design a Christmas Card consisting of
[1] a cover picture (text optional)
[2] an inside greeting (text only)

When: Submissions welcomed from now until November 30, 11:59 Pacific Standard Time.
Judging will take place December 1-6 and winners will be announced on this thread.

There will be two categories for judging, and you may enter either or both -- but only one entry per person per category, okay?
Category 1: Narnian Christmas (Narnian characters or quotes, Father Christmas in Narnia, or winter in Narnia, etc.)
Category 2: True Christmas (related to the CHRISTmas story)

Prizes: There will be 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place avvies given in each of the two categories. Thanks to our prize designers, Zella and Lila!!

Note: Entries should focus on original art and original photos; however, quotations are allowed in the text.

Submissions will judged on the basis of originality, design, harmony between text and art, and suitableness for downloading to use as an actual Christmas card :)

Have fun! Be creative!

Oh...this is so exciting!:eek:

Oh, I will enter! hmm...I think I will do the true christmas theme. Thanks Lila and Zella, your graphics are always amazing!!!

Narnian Christmas sample card

Hi
It's been pretty quiet on this thread, so I thought I would submit some sample cards (not for competition) to get you inspired into thinking of your own entries.

Here is my Narnian Christmas card sample. It is a simple water color with a poem I wrote last year for some of my TDL friends. Okay so now that I've broken the ice with a first submission,
have fun creating your own!

Attachments

• Narnia Christmas card.jpg
    Narnia Christmas card.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 168
true Christmas Card

Please excuse this double post...
Okay here is a sample True Christmas card (for inspiration not competition).
It is made up of a water color my daughter did, with one of my favorite Christmas verses, an excerpt of Geroge S. Rowe's 1879 carol, "Cradled in a manger, meanly."

I'm looking forward to your creations to celebrate the True Christmas... It's your turn now :)

Attachments

• true Christmas 2010.jpg
    true Christmas 2010.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 172
Merry Christmas, but...

Well the 11/30 deadline for this contest is now passed, so since there were no entries submitted, I am hereby closing this event.

Last edited:
Here's one of my christmas card for narnia:

nar-1.gif

Just tell me what to edit, this is just a rush, sorry.:)

Back