Registration is Closed

Specter

Meeting the World
Staff member
Knight of the Noble Order
Royal Guard
I've shut down the forum to new users for the time being. We're being inundated with spam accounts and it's terrible.

So, what I'm going to be doing to get the registration open again is devoting some time to upgrading the forum to the latest technology.

vBulletin 4.0

It's faster, more powerful and more lightweight than this version. It'll take me a week or so (just a guess) so please be patient.

Only registration, unless, of course, you decide to log in when he pulls the lever at 2:30 am or so. ;0)

haha... We'll see when I do the update. I've gotta re-build the theme from scratch in the new version. vBulletin 4 doesn't use tables. I just have to work up the energy to do proper designing.

I do think it's time to update, but I will miss this format. Will we be able to use Tapatalk or other similar app to log in? I will definitely use Tapatalk and log in constantly in from my phone. Will it change colors? Do you need help?

EDIT: And with the new movie coming up, we'll be inundated with new members also. I hope you don't get too tired making the transition to the new software.

Last edited:
good that your moving to the new version!

a new theme to go with the new version would be nice..make it more relevent to current narnia stuff (not just the movie)

still hope that i can login!

good luck!

My assistance is offered in working with art. It needs badgers...lots of badgers. :D

Seriously, though, it would be an interesting challenge.

I have noticed more "the server is too busy at the moment" messages, but figure I just happen to always log in when it's busiest. :rolleyes:

I'd offer to help, but I'm not very good at design or anything, so I'll just wait to see the new version. ;)

With Thanksgiving coming up, I this is a really good opportunity to express gratefulness for the TDL staff. Especially with this whole re-designing the layout thing. I know a little about forum designing, and it's definitely a real pain. -___- Good luck with the changes!!

Thanks tons!

I am thinking of doing an invitation only system for the forum for the time being.

Ooh, knew look?? *leans forward with anticipation* Can't wait...
BK, stick with your current user, its easier to write BK than PBOF....

so when will they be open for registration again. I have a friend who wanted to join, so I was sort of curious when it would be open again. Also a little worried about the invite thing, does that mean that I will have to invite her on or what?

So that means the registration is closed? because my friend tried to register here and he can't...no wonder.:rolleyes:. And why did they closed it?:confused:

If you know a real, actual, living breathing person who wants to be a member, they CAN be invited. PM me for details.

What about when VDT comes out? Lots of new people will want to join- ones who don't personally know members here. Will none of them be able to join?

Gang, the board software is being upgraded and at such time we will be open to registrations again.

Back