What kind of contests are you interested in?

What contests would you most enjoy participating in? *Vote for your Top 3 Choices*

• art contests (e.g., design a Chronicle cover)

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • fanfiction story or poetry contests

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • humor (e.g., screenshot captions, Narnian want ads)

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Thread awards (recognizing outstanding ones)

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Golden Duffer Award (Who is the quintessential Duffer?)

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Other -- Share your suggestions!

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

Benisse

Perelandrian
Staff member
Royal Guard
I'd like to get some feedback from you to determine what kind of forum-wide contests you would like to see in the coming months. So vote in the poll and post your ideas to this thread... Thanks for your input!

Does the "fanfiction story and poetry" option go for just writing contests in general? Because I'm not good at writing fanfiction or poetry but I can write short stories and much longer book length stories. Personally I like those kinds of contests, where you write like a short story or something and submit it. But we, ah, don't seem to have many of those here....

In response to Mewsies's suggestion I plan to host Recognition Awards of new fan fiction short stories or exceptional merit posted to the Professor's Writing Club between January 1, 2011 and December 15, 2011. Review of stories will take place during December and the honorees will be announced January 1, 2012. Hopefully these recognition awards will become an annual event on the Lawn. Happy writing!

Last edited:
I would say, stuff like Narnia, LOTR, or song themed banners/avatar sets, Wallpapers, etc... :D
Also a fanfiction contest would be interesting, but tricky. Might need to set a limit for how long it can be.. :)

Thanks for your suggestions, Lucy. I asked a friend of mine who is an English literature professor about a word limit for a fanfic contest, and will be making an announcement soon.

Sounds good...
maybe we can get a graphic contest going this fall while the fanfic one is going

What about meeting the cast contests?

I know some of you probably don't even know the cast, but it would be really nice if you could have some sort of contest on here that whoever won could go meet some of the cast. I mean, I know lots of us really want to. I saw a Do You Want to Meet the Cast quiz thingy for a ticket to meet them, and I could've gotten it right, but sadly I was too late. Someone had already gotten the ticket. So, just a suggestion!.

That would be a fantastic prize! Right now though I am running these contests on a virtual budget, so our award range is rather constrained. However, maybe there is someone on the forum who has had experience in getting autographed photos of actors? If you could tell me how to do it, I'd be willing to send off for some for prizes...

I would love to see some kind of roleplaying game, on the lines of Dungeons and Dragons or Fighting Fantasy based on Narnia, which would give the participants the opportunity to be a Narnian character and have adventures in Narnia.

Thanks for your suggestion Corin.
I will forward it to the mods to see how the RPG section could get some new life...

Back