Post Something Positive!

NarniaFan95

So, I'm not on here much, but I thought, with all the negativity in the world right now, this would be a neat idea to just spread a little happiness.

Basically, you come here and post something positive, something good that happened, either to you, or to a friend or something. It doesn't have to be something huge, like becoming a parent or grandparent, it can be little things, too, like having a really good slice of cake or something, just as long as it has a positive note to it. :)

Here, I'll get started...It was last summer when it first happened, but it still makes me really happy -- I got a new dog! She is half dachshund, half chihuahua and her name is Keela. She's really smart and loves to catch and play Frisbee, and she also follows me all over the house. I have mild anxiety, and she has been amazingly helpful with that, more than I would ever have expected. :)

My Nook, after three long years and various different issues that I found ways to remedy, finally fizzled out on me, for good, in a way I could not find a way to fix. (It would only work when plugged into the charger, even though it had a full battery.)
Buuuuuuuuuuuuuut, my Mom and sister chipped in to get me a new tablet, and it works great! I love it! :) (I didn't need a new Nook because I always preferred a real book in my hand to digital readers, and the Nook, which was a gift, I basically just used for music, videos, apps, and backup photo storage, lol, which I can also do with a tablet.)
Anybody else got something positive to share?? :)

On Saturday I am going to see my great aunt and uncle, whom I haven't seen in close to three years. I love them very much and I've very excited to see them again!

I wondered if something was up with the forums, lol, I was having trouble posting! Glad to see they're working smoothly again! :)
Anyway, today, even though I was nervous, as it was my first time doing it, I got up and went to the DMV to have my driver's license renewed, without getting too worked up over it -- my palms didn't even sweat! :D

Here's a very positive thing. The ocular edema (= internal bleeding) which partly blinded my right eye is gradually being remedied by treatment.

Here's a very positive thing. The ocular edema (= internal bleeding) which partly blinded my right eye is gradually being remedied by treatment.

That's great news!! I'm happy for you! ^_^

Like, this is probably gonna sound really silly (especially compared to things that actually effect people's lives, lol) and irrelevant, but my favorite famous human being, Harry Styles, had to cut off his glorious mane in exchange for a 1940's military cut for his role in "Dunkirk" last year, but recent photos show that it's growing out again, and that just makes me feel ludicrously giddy because I am weirdly obsessed with this guy's hair and practically held a funeral when he cut it all off last year, ahahaha...
17264911_10212565461840861_231718987373908476_n.jpg
17309674_10212565465560954_4320880807141953484_n.jpg

I hope your vision is much clearer now, Copperfox.

An old friend came up to visit my family today -- and >>@Narniafan95<< he and my husband went to see Dunkirk before we all went to lunch. It's such a blessing to catch up with folks from different chapters of your life and just hang out.

An old friend came up to visit my family today -- and >>@Narniafan95<< he and my husband went to see Dunkirk before we all went to lunch. It's such a blessing to catch up with folks from different chapters of your life and just hang out.

Eee!! :D I saw "Dunkirk" on the Thursday night advance premiere (so technically I saw it on the 20th of July when the official premiere was on the 21st of July) with my best friend. I originally only went to see it because it was Harry's acting debut (I'm not particularly interested in WWII), and my best friend basically just sat through it with me for moral support in case Harry's character died and I started having a meltdown in the theatre or something, lol (he lived!! xD), but we both ended up really loving the film.

The cast have said that it's less of a war movie and more about community, and I think they sum it up pretty well. (It was a relief to me that there was so little blood/gore because I don't handle gore well, lol)
I was also genuinely impressed with Harry's acting... I would have said he was good even if he wasn't because I'm so crazy about the guy, but I was legitimately surprised.
I'm so used to his real life personality (he's a teddy bear, honestly, lol), but he literally disappears into Alex (his character, who is quite, uh...cranky, lol), and quite convincingly so. I actually found myself forgetting it was even Harry portraying him. I mean, another way of putting it, I know he did well, because I HATED his character, lol.

(Fun fact, though, despite the misconception that Harry was handed the role on a silver platter and that Nolan cast him to draw a bigger audience, Harry Styles actually was one of thousands of young actors who auditioned for the role of Alex. Christopher Nolan says Harry just had "it," and revealed that he -- Nolan -- didn't even know who Harry was when he cast him!)

*cough* Sorry for rambling, there, I just get really excited when anybody mentions "Dunkirk," lol (although I guess my excitement about the film could technically count as something positive? Maybe? xD) ...Anywayyyy...

I may be employed soon, at my local library, which is a job I've always dreamed of having, so that's quite exciting! :D

Niece got back to her apartment in Florida. Little damage. Door got knocked open, and a little debris got in. Power back on.:D

I had some sort of late flu or something most of last week, but it's clearing up, finally! I can breathe! :D
Also, winter was hanging on pretty tight here, a loooooong winter for us, we were getting snow well into April (which isn't normal for us, lol), but it's finally staying warm and there are lots of flowers blooming outside and it's really beautiful, it's nice to get the windows open and go out and get some fresh air and let the dogs play in the yard.
Also, I saw a bluebird this morning, and since I don't usually see them (lots of cardinals, though!), I was really excited, lol.

A few days ago, a spectacularly beautiful female acquaintance barely half my age addressed me as "Handsome!" I sure don't hear that often! :D

My new kitten, Lune, is very strong and healthy and very playful and in a month or so, he will be old enough to go to the vet to be neutered, which my brother has agreed to help pay for!
In addition, we recently took in a very emaciated kitten who is at least three months old, healthy aside from malnutrition, and we have been giving her kitten vitamin gel in addition to her usual food and she's already putting on weight.
We named her Molly, and she's very shy, spent a lot of her first few days in here hiding under the couch, but she's starting to come out of her shell -- Lune has been good for her, I think, because they are close in age and can play together, and Molly follows him around and has learned things from him, like where to find the water bowl and litter.

My brother and dad both recently received pay raises at work, and my great aunt is finally settled into her new apartment, located much closer to us than her old house, so we can see her more often and be closer if she needs us to run any errands for her. It's also one of those senior living places (I forget the term, but it's not an old folks' home, it's more independent, but there's like emergency buttons or something) so we won't worry so much about her being alone with her medical conditions, one which is a brain disorder which occasionally causes her to forget things, like where she is or how to do certain tasks.

So I think that's quite positive!

My chemical-free flowering plants are providing safe nectar to honeybees. And Ardis, the elderly homeless woman I am housing in my guest room until she can get back on her feet, now has a new cat for company.

Concerning my houseguest: when I took her into my care, I was thinking of the scene in Justice League, when Batman questions Aquaman about his aid to the Icelandic villagers. Aquaman tells Batman: "I help them because no one else does."

There you are.

Thank you, Captain Holly! As for Evening Star a.k.a. Badger, he is going to become a Deacon of the Anglican Church. I know he'll do a stellar job.

A few days ago, my brother was at the grocery store after he got off work, picking up a few things for the house. The cashier, a nice elderly woman who has worked there for as long as I can remember, was having some trouble. It was late, and while it is a 24-hour grocery store, at a certain time of the night -- midnight -- their system has to reset and while it is resetting, the cashier cannot check anybody out. This does take a while, and late at night, this particular grocery store only has one cash register up.

My brother was standing in line patiently with his items and noticed that the customers ahead of him were giving the cashier a hard time even though it wasn't her fault, yelling at her and calling her names. My brother says he intended to stay out of it, but he said that they were starting to behave like high school bullies -- one would make a rude joke about the woman's intelligence and the others would laugh and join in. This prompted my brother, who not only had to deal with this sort of bullying in high school, but who also has worked in retail and had to quietly let customers yell and belittle him the way they were this cashier, to step in.

He spoke up and told them it wasn't her fault, explained why it wasn't her fault, and told them to leave her alone, and they shut up after that. When he got up to the register, he told the cashier he was sorry that she had to deal with that kind of behavior. I was very proud of him when he told me about it (he said "You know, it's true, as soon as you tell a bully off, they shut up because they don't expect you to stand up to them." Honestly I've never been brave enough to do it, myself.)
Despite what that nice woman had to put up with, I post this as something positive, because while they often get drowned out by hate, there are still good people in the world who will stand up for others.

Last edited:
Back