Contest#18 When he shakes his mane...

Benisse

Perelandrian
Staff member
Royal Guard
Yay! a new contest!
Quick! Get out your cameras (no google images -- just your very own creations) to capture the change from winter to spring. Try to capture the feel of that moment in Narnia when the reign of the White Witch was crumbling, load your pictures onto tinypic.com or some other photo host, and then post them to this thread.

Winning photos will be voted on starting 4/13 Palm Sunday, and prizes given on 4/13 Easter.

ALSO: Those that would like to design avvies for 1st, 2nd and honorable mentions would be appreciated.

Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight,
At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more,
When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death,
And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.

Btw folks, due to information I recently became aware of, I wish to offer an apology for any misunderstanding/offense arising from my use of the word "blimey" a while back. As an American, and avid watcher of the Hercule Poirot tv series, I happily saw no cause to question language that should have been acceptable by 1930's standards(at least in my own mind). But I am now aware that the word can also have another, far more offensive meaning, to which I intend no association with whatsoever. Therefore, please excuse my ignorance. :)

Btw folks, due to information I recently became aware of, I wish to offer an apology for any misunderstanding/offense arising from my use of the word "blimey" a while back. As an American, and avid watcher of the Hercule Poirot tv series, I happily saw no cause to question language that should have been acceptable by 1930's standards(at least in my own mind). But I am now aware that the word can also have another, far more offensive meaning, to which I intend no association with whatsoever. Therefore, please excuse my ignorance. :)

What? o_O
Does this mean I should delete this word from my list of British vocab that I've been collecting?
*also an American* *confused*

I've been meaning to submit pictures for this contest too, by the way, I just need to upload them from my phone.

With the end of Spring nearing I think we would all agree that Miss Reep deserves first prize on her stunning picture of blossoms... (Yes I know you were also the only entrant, but even in a field of other submissions I believe your photo would stand out!) I will be sending you as a prize a booklet written by C.S. Lewis, "The Efficacy of Prayer." (Check your pm for my address request, D!)

Attachments

• CSL Efficacy of PRayer.jpg
    CSL Efficacy of PRayer.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 313
Back