The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans > The Lantern Waste > Brush of Unicorn and Hide of Bull

Notices

Brush of Unicorn and Hide of Bull Visual Arts, Fan Art, Banners, Avatars, etc

Old 02-03-2018, 04:33 AM
Perelandrian

Benisse is just really niceBenisse is just really niceBenisse is just really niceBenisse is just really niceBenisse is just really nice
Default Amazing dolphin and whale watch excursion

Today I celebrated the birthday of one of my dearest friends by taking her on a Dolphin+Whale Watch excursion. God was so gracious in that right after we exited the harbor we spotted a pod of rarely seen white-sided dolphins who spent some time gamboling alongside our boat and then diving back and forth under it to play on the both sides before forming a ring to round up some fish in a clump which they then took turns divebombing to hunt. (They have markings like orcas, but are shaped like dolphins.)

At points I saw four or five of them leap up out of the water together to gain altitude to dive under and around their prey. Pelicans and seagulls soon filled the air circling to catch the pieces of fish that they missed so pretty soon it looked like a free-for all.

Then two gray whales, a mother and her calf, were spotted spouting and surfacing along the shore on their migration to Baja California. It was amazing watching the big spout and then the little spout as they came up for air. We spent most of our second hour on our tour slowly following them as they zigzagged south. Pretty soon we were part of a flotilla of whalewatch boats, sailboats and rafts drifting along enjoying the wonder of God's creation. It was breathtaking.

To add to the beauty of this experience, there were a handful of tall ships floating by (there is some kind of festival which starts tomorrow), and as we returned to harbor we saw a pile of sea lions lounging in heaps on the giant buoys.

Unforgettable!

Xin Yesu... Xiang Yesu
Believe Jesus... Be like Jesus

Old 02-03-2018, 04:46 PM
Friend of Narnia

Aravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really nice

My boy Bilbo. He's so handsome. <3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 22780215_2055292484716418_4011591449200632111_n.jpg (54.9 KB, 4 views)
Old 02-05-2018, 07:21 PM
Friend of Narnia

Frodosgurl has a spectacular aura aboutFrodosgurl has a spectacular aura about

I do photography on the side. I entered this beauty in my local county fair and since I did well I took it to the State Fair too.

Got 3rd place in the County Fair.
No luck in the State but I'm upping my game this year. lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg frog.jpg (95.7 KB, 5 views)
Old 02-11-2018, 09:17 PM
Perelandrian

Benisse is just really niceBenisse is just really niceBenisse is just really niceBenisse is just really niceBenisse is just really nice

Frodosgurl,
How cool for you to be able to capture a moment like that!

Xin Yesu... Xiang Yesu
Believe Jesus... Be like Jesus