Introduction Thread II

Introduction

My name is Aslan of Suburbia, my name comes from modified lyrics to the Green Day song "Jesus of Suburbia", that refer to cats in general, as I believe that Cats are the "Aslan of Suburbia".

Now let me tell you about myself.

I like linking myself to people, as I am a massive fan of Actors and linking myself to them, I link myself to Narnia actors. And also let me tell you about this series.

This series has an example of traditional British Characters, even the accents are correct in the films. I'm also a massive gamer, and I've got an Idea for a Dark Narnia game based on Dark Souls. I'm also a massive fan of Call Of Duty, and I really like that game.

Alright, well see you.

Aslan of Suburbia.

Welcome, King of the Western Wild! I am Benisse, but I also answer to Linda.
I share a favorite Narnian chronicle with you -- The Last Battle (although I also really really like The Magician's Nephew as well.

Welcome, King of the Western Wild!

I've returned myself after quite a while... it does look like activity has picked up a little bit since the last time I visited. :)

Hello everyone! I've followed this forum for over ten years and now am finally a member! I love all the books, but The Last Battle is probably my favourite.

Hi I am Berean Beruna. I haven't posted much over the years but I am certainly glad for Narniafans. I've been a fan of C.S. Lewis for almost 50 years but I didn't read the Chronicles of Narnia until 20 years ago. I'm sorry I waited so long!

Well met, Berean Beruna. And yes, I understand the Acts-of-Apostles reference. :) My actual name is Joseph Richard Ravitts, with a long A in the last name. I am a 67-year-old grandfather and retired U.S. Navy veteran. The times being what they are, I have always taken pains to show internet-using teenagers that I am NOT pretending to be a fellow teenager.

"Copperfox" is a nickname I have used in multiple settings, including the Society for Creative Anachronism. Most recently, I use the name in a re-enactment group called The Valiant Few. You can find us under that name on YouTube.

I came by Dancing Lawn this morning because today is the eleventh anniversary of a bereavement which my T.D.L. friends shared. On this date in 2008, my second wife Janalee joined my first wife Mary in Aslan's Country. The Emperor-Over-Sea did send His own signs of assurance that Janalee did not simply cease to exist.

Since Janalee's passing, I've been involved-- here and elsewhere-- in combating degeneracy and cynicism in the arts and media. Bright spots I've seen during these years include the movie "ALITA," whose writers had a revolutionary (for these times) concept: a woman in a story could be strong and self-reliant without all male characters having to be useless doofuses!

The Dancing Lawn has been an invaluable place for me to develop my own creative writing. My reduced activity here has not been because I lost interest, but because Aslan has kept sending me unexpected adventures in these Shadowlands .

Back