Which of the Marvel hero's are your favorites?

• Total voters

ahyperdude

A Marvel movies thread! I would really like to discuss Marvel's new projects, and the ones they already have made!

This is a discussion thread, and I would like to stick to the general Marvel Movies topic.

I would like to exclude spoilers unless spoiler quotes are used to let people know.

Feel free to stop by the multiple choice pole and tell us which Marvel hero's are your favorites! (If you have a request or a change you'd like to have with the pole, let me know and I'll contact a mod)

Thank you, and enjoy the conversations!

Last edited:
Haven't seen them all, but I think Spiderman is probably the best superhero film ever! I liked Ironman as well, and the newest X-men film is amazing. The original three aren't that great.

I do love the comics though...

Haven't seen them all, but I think Spiderman is probably the best superhero film ever! I liked Ironman as well, and the newest X-men film is amazing. The original three aren't that great.

I do love the comics though...

Yes! Spider-man was an AMAZING movie! I also liked the second :D..

I love watching these movies after seeing comic strips from Marvel.. They've done a great job!!

SO, I'd like to bring the sequel and prequel subject up

I'm not sure if you know, but after the Avengers, Marvel is planing on making 3 new movies

1st: Iron Man 3 (May 3rd 2013)
2nd: Thor 2 (November 15th 2013)
3rd: Captain America 2 (April 4th 2014)

I can't decide what to think! I think Iron Man 3 has potential, Thor 2 may be necessary if they don't continue Thor's love for Jane in the Avengers, but Captain America 2 seems unneeded, although I think it would be cool.

Your thoughts, and opinions?

Yes! Spider-man was an AMAZING movie! I also liked the second :D..

I love watching these movies after seeing comic strips from Marvel.. They've done a great job!!

SO, I'd like to bring the sequel and prequel subject up

I'm not sure if you know, but after the Avengers, Marvel is planing on making 3 new movies

1st: Iron Man 3 (May 3rd 2013)
2nd: Thor 2 (November 15th 2013)
3rd: Captain America 2 (April 4th 2014)

I can't decide what to think! I think Iron Man 3 has potential, Thor 2 may be necessary if they don't continue Thor's love for Jane in the Avengers, but Captain America 2 seems unneeded, although I think it would be cool.

Your thoughts, and opinions?

I too enjoyed the Spiderman movies. I haven't seen the first Captain America or other Iron Man movies. I will try to see them sometime. I find it great that they are continuing the making of Marvel films. The Avengers looks awesome! So does the new Spiderman movie.

More than likely I won't be seeing any of the sequels in theaters just because I think that, with the exception of maybe Thor 2, they're like the Pirates sequels (unnecessary). Also, "Hulk" has at least two different versions within the last decade, so I couldn't vote because I didn't know what version you're referencing. There was the version in 2003 with Eric Bana, and the one in 2008 (which I've seen and really liked) with Edward Norton.

And I have a feeling that with Thor 2, they will continue the Jane/Thor love story: Natalie Portman is in the sequel according to imdb.com's listing.

Recent News on the Wolverine Sequel!

cinema398293000_1.png

It was recently reported that Fox’s on & off again, in development superhero follow up to 2009’s “X-Men Origin’s Wolverine”, simply titled, “The Wolverine” will be shot in Sydney, Australia, even though the movie is set in Japan. Today, 20th Century Fox president Tom Rothman, also confirmed that they will film . .

Read more: http://socyberty.com/society/the-wolverine-japan-shoot-confirmed/#ixzz1tD9hPeUI

Still, there are about 3 different "Hulks", each of which are different. Mark Ruffalo I don't care for just from the trailer of Avengers; but I liked Edward Norton. Same difference.

Something like thirty years ago, a terribly mediocre, forgettable movie was made about Marvel's wizard hero, Doctor Stephen Strange. The writers made it horribly white-bread-ish, eliminating all the Asian elements, and giving Dr. Strange a cheesy version of Morgan LeFay as his antagonist.

There was _another_ Dr. Strange movie besides, made not too long before or after the one I have mentioned. But I didn't see that one, so can't say if it was any better.

Mark Ruffalo I don't care for just from the trailer of Avengers; but I liked Edward Norton. Same difference.

Yeah, . . Ruffalo seems a bit bland. Not terrible, but a bit flat. But I'm hoping the movie is a bit better than he is in the trailers. Oh course, I'm sure some people prefer his style.

My favorite is Thor! I really love Captain America also, but Thor is number 1! I just went and saw the Avengers and it was totally amazing and kick butt! I loved it so much! And Thor was AMAZING! I am soooo excited that there will be a Thor2! One of my favorite parts from The Avengers is in my signature! Captain America shows true patriotism! Well, what I believe is patriotism! I hope everyone who sees the Avengers will be as happy as I am!

So, what did you like so much about Thor?

I'm always wary of things that claim to be patriotic (though I have high respect for anything that is actually patriotic. Patriotism, for me, is something to die for). In what way did you think Captain America was patriotic?

While you're waiting for A-C's answer, I'll say: in American-made movies today, there is HARDLY ANY danger of a script showing TOO MUCH "blind patriotism" toward the United States. In "The Avengers," there certainly was NOT any message that the United States "could do no wrong."

I'm always wary of things that claim to be patriotic (though I have high respect for anything that is actually patriotic. Patriotism, for me, is something to die for). In what way did you think Captain America was patriotic?

There's an exchange between Agent Coulson and Captain america that I thought spoke volumes...correct me if I'm wrong.

Coulson: "We've made some modifications to your suit/uniform."

Captain America: "Aren't the Stars and Stripes a little...old fashioned?"

Coulson: (don't remember what he says next, but he ends the scene with this line): "We could use a little old-fashioned."

I think Coulson said something along the lines of how, in times of crisis, America needs the Stars and Stripes more than ever. To me I think that was a pretty true statement, because the moment we think the Stars and Stripes are obsolete, we're in danger of losing our freedom (maybe this was a message Captain America conveyed in the movie?). I can't really explain why I believe Captain America is so patriotic, aside from the fact that he represents the best of America which is almost non-existent now.

I don't know what I like so much about Thor, honestly. He's just always been my favorite! But he did have a lot of great scenes in the movie!! :D

As for Captain America, maybe patriotism wasn't the word I was looking for. Uuuummmm, maybe it's like old fashioned patriotism. Or at least what I believe it was. The whole God and country go together thing. Because he did question SHIELD, but I just totally adored how he stood up for God. You don't see lines like that in movies very often anymore!

Maybe you like Thor because he's ridiculously hot? So is Captain America :D.

Well, I am NOT girly! But, never admitted this about anyone before, yeah! Thor is really hot! That's a big reason! Did you know that originally Liam made it to the top 4 for the role of Thor and Chris didn't? But then Chris got cast when the director reviewed earlier eliminated candidates! Yay director!

Back