Which of the Marvel hero's are your favorites?

• Total voters
Satyr, you are SO right! Maybe, just maybe, this disaster will at least help some folks realize better what was going on when Andrew Adamson intentionally ruined "Prince Caspian."

In tandem with the decline of Christian morality in the West, there is an increasing desire to PULL DOWN whatever is noble and inspiring. This mocking attitude pretends to be sophisticated, but it is no more sophisticated than drawing a moustache on the Mona Lisa. It is a spirit of childish vandalism, and a desire on the part of small-spirited people NOT to be embarrassed by the thought of persons morally better than they are.

In The Screwtape Letters, Mister Lewis observed that when REAL danger makes bravery necessary, it becomes harder to laugh at goodness and courage. These defilers of heroes must believe that they are NOT in any danger in real life, so they can afford to scoff at the idea of heroism. But if they actually WERE in deadly peril, and if Captain America really existed and came on the scene, they would not want him to BE their own ruined caricature. They would urgently want him to be the same noble hero they had mocked, so that he would save them.

And please, don't anybody interject the WAY-overused "insight" that fictional characters "should be human, not two-dimensional ideal figures." Those who say this frequently go on to reduce heroes even BELOW the level of goodness and strength which is achievable by any average guy picked off the street at random.

This is a comics thing, so I feel no need to tag it as a spoiler.

Well, Steve Rogers works for HYDRA now in the comics. What is worse, they're saying that he's actually a sleeper agent who has been working for them since before WWII.

This is disrespectful to the creators of Captain America (Joe Simon and Jack Kirby), to his fans, and to the character himself; who after 75 years of fighting Nazis, is now supposed to be one. I can't stand it.

Anyone making a big deal out of the "Steve Rogers is a double agent for Hydra" clearly doesn't remember the last few times they did something like this with a story line, and him being a triple agent each of those times.

Trust me. It'll turn out to have a twist, like it did the other times.

But it got everyone interested in the comics again, so that's good.

Yeah, but this time the writer is asserting that it isn't mind-control, a clone, a Skrull, a life-model decoy, or Steve being a double or triple agent. He claims that this is what Steve has secretly always been.

Yeah, but this time the writer is asserting that it isn't mind-control, a clone, a Skrull, a life-model decoy, or Steve being a double or triple agent. He claims that this is what Steve has secretly always been.

It was the first comic of a new series, Captain America: Steve Rogers #1.

I promise you we didn't get told everything. Come on, if you know comics you know better than this.

Okay, I've calmed down and you're right. I get easily excited. I'm basically the kind of person that the internet feeds on.

Anyway, even though I'm sure that it will be reversed, I'm still slightly annoyed that this is what they chose to do for Captain America's 75th anniversary.

Anybody see Dr. Strange yet? I saw it today, and while it was technically a great movie...the New Age and Eastern mysticisms turned me off, even though I did like the movie. Thoughts?

(The end credit scene with a certain Avenger was pretty awesome though...)

Anybody see Dr. Strange yet? I saw it today, and while it was technically a great movie...the New Age and Eastern mysticisms turned me off, even though I did like the movie. Thoughts?

(The end credit scene with a certain Avenger was pretty awesome though...)

Not yet, but I really want to see the movie.

Is there anything I should know about Doctor Strange before I see the movie?

Yes. a) wait until the very end of the credits before you leave the theater or turn off your dvd player. There are 2 post-credits scenes, one near the beginning and one at the very very end. Worth waiting for, as I feel like the very end one especially may set up a future Marvel film (which one, I have no idea. Nothing in Marvel is arbitrary though). b) as I said before, there's a LOT of New Age and Eastern mysticism. It made me roll my eyes throughout most of the movie. And honestly, the villains are kinda freaky. I guess you can say that about most Marvel movie villains, but these are disturbingly freaky, IMHO. That said, it's still a good movie. Just not one I'll watch more than once or twice, probably. :)

In most cases they now have two of those epilogues.

Age of Ultron didn't, though. So, I sat through 8 minutes of credits for nothing.

Anyway, the first Doctor Strange stinger was for Thor:Ragnarok, and the second was a sequel hook for a second Doctor Strange movie with Baron Mordo as the villain.

So, I remember some people wanted to discuss Doctor Doom. I remember reading somewhere that Doctor Doom doesn't see himself as evil, but as the solution to all life's problems, and that he honestly believes that he can solve everything. I also get that he's got a very big ego and to him the ends justify the means.

Back