Superheroes and Supervillains

Kitanna

Since summer never seems to be complete without a superhero movie I was wondering who people favored. Whether movie versions, TV versions, comic book version, or whatever, who is your favorite superhero or supervillain and why?
Also talk about the history of the hero, incase others don't know about them. I'm a big fan of superhero movies and I've been a huge fan of Batman and the X-Men for as long as I can remember. And I'm always interested in hearing people's opinions on them or whoever they like.

So, my favorite heroes are Batman, Gambit, the Beast, and Jubilee. My favorite villains are Dr. Freeze and Magneto.

Villians:
Anikan Skywalker
Darth Sidious (only because of his plan, other than that he was a wimp!)
Magneto
General Grevious

Heros:
Obi Wan
Wolverine
and who else

Heroes

Spiderman: I like the balance between the dual personalities of Peter Parker and Spidey.

Batman: Same reason.

Anakin Skywalker: Because he is a tragic hero.

Yoda: I just think he's a great hero. He proves that size doesn't matter in terms of capabilities and what people can achieve.

Villains

The Riddler: You never quite know where you stand with him. There's a fine line in his personality between genius and insanity.

Darth Vader: He just has such an amazing mystique and overwhelming presence to his character.

Darth Sidious: The ultimate puppet master ever to be portrayed in film/literature.

I was never as big into the Marvel comics as I was into D.C. comics. There's something about the classics, something about comics before Stan Lee broke away from it. I'm a huge sucker for Batman and Superman and the whole Justice League. Though I like the X-Men (at least Jean Grey and Professor Xavier) and I like the Spiderman movies well enough I'll always be a sucker for the D.C. comics that started it all.

Heros:

The Pevensie Children
and the fox
the beaver's
the trees that are on our side

Villians:

Jadis
The minotuar
Her army of ugly looking thingys

Heroes:

1. Aslan (gotta love him)
2. Peter Pevensie
3. Obi-Wan Kenobi (I-III)
4. Anakin Skywalker (before he turned into Darth Vader)
5. [Does] Padme Amidala [count?] (She really kicked some bad guy rear-ends in Ep. II)
6. Legolas (who doesn't like hot blonde elves?)
7. Faramir (got to love that Gondorian!)
8. Aragorn (cool king of Minas Tirith)

Villains:

1. The White Witch (have all of her lines memorized like me?)
2. Darth Vader (so cool, but then again, so tragic)
3. Gollum (funny, but annoying)

my superhero would be superman gotta love him hes awesome and villian would be the white witch imagine if they had to fight each other weird

My Superhero....is SPOTMAN. He can even get grape juice out of white carpets. His arch enemy was Lennie the Leopard...for obvious reasons.

Let's see...other superhuman powers that I admire. Well, it's hard to beat Spotman since he has a stainless record..... :D

VERY funny, ES...

Villains:

VENOM!!!- He is just cool..

Uchiha Itachi from Naruto- He's cooler...

Heros:

Spiderman- He's spiderman!

Cloud Strife- So cool! :cool:

Digging up the first comicbook-related thread I could find in Archives, here is a haiku in honor of the character Steve Trevor, as depicted in the Wonder Woman movie:

I fly to death, but
Not in vain! And my last thought
Is of Diana.

There are women who, NO MATTER HOW MANY strong female characters are depicted in fiction and cinema, will still pretend to believe that "there AREN'T ANY strong female characters being depicted." This, despite the fact that, nearly a full century ago, Robert E. Howard and Edgar Rice Burroughs both included female fighters in their male-oriented action stories, while the leading female character in "Buck Rogers" was a soldier.

But they prove their own wrongness when they claim that someone like me "is afraid to see powerful women."

I have no problem with Starfire being immensely powerful. I have no problem with Buffy the Vampire Slayer slaying male vampires. I have no problem with Jessica in "Dune" being superior to the men around her. I have no problem with Jason Momoa as Aquaman depending on the female Korathen to bring him victory. I'm cool with all of these because Starfire, Buffy, Lady Jessica and the Korathen were not created FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE of humiliating men just for BEING male.

I've become acquainted in a secondhand fashion with the comicbook-originated TV series "The Boys." The premise is that artificial means are found to give ordinary people super-powers...... but almost all of the most prominent recipients of this privilege become drunk with power. They pretend to be noble and good, but are actually selfish and cruel. So there arises an actual (though flawed) hero, who is like Lex Luthor in that parallel-world movie where Luthor was on the side of good. This hero, Billy Butcher, is played by Karl Urban who was Prince Eomer of Rohan in "Lord of the Rings." Billy's covert team is dedicated to finding ways that the evil fake heroes can be defeated.

This saga, I'm happy to say, does NOT try to destroy established iconic heroes. It doesn't try to make Clark "Superman" Kent an object of scorn and contempt, the way "Prince NON-Caspian" intentionally and obviously tried to make Peter Pevensie an object of scorn and contempt. Instead, it presents similar-but-not-the-SAME-person characters who embody the corruption of power. On the less-happy side of the ledger, "The Boys" tediously insists on using, for the hundred thousand million billion trillionth time, the cobwebbed and false old trope that all our troubles come from EEEEEE-vil business corporations.

The show is decidedly not suitable for children to watch. Almost the very first thing that happens is a gruesome death. But apart from the oooooh-private-enterprise-is-so-icky cliche, it is a well-thought-out, three-dimensional story.

I watched the original Cartoon Network Teen Titans and Raven was my favorite. Her powers were dark, but she used them for good. And then in season 4 Raven's dark history came to light.

MrBob

Back