Meanwhile, I have received confirmation that it IS supposed to be a continuity from the old series.

One other thing which made it hard for me to believe that it was one ongoing story is this: in the old series, they had so many spaceships and dinosaurs appearing in public view in London and elsewhere, that there could not be ANYONE left on Earth who DIDN'T know about them. And yet, in the new episodes, people have acted as if they never heard of a space alien.

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone has heard this, but....*drumroll* BILLIE PIPER IS COMING BACK! yayyy! Rose is returning to Dr. Who! ^_^ I got this link from another Dr. Who fanatic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6c13BaoKjY&NR=1 Pretty awesome, eh? :D I'm totally excited to see her again, but I can't help but wonder at the sparks that will be flying between her and Martha. :x :rolleyes: The more the merrier, I guess. :D

Surely, SURELY the BBC will never allow two women to be wrestling around on the ground in a catfight, fighting over the Doctor? Although if the Doctor existed, you could have a months-long elimination tournament of women doing just that, in the hope of getting near their hero.

haha, true. I really hope that there won't be a catfight, but we won't know until she comes back. Although....both Rose and Martha are very feisty. There' probably won't be any real fighting or whatever, but I'll bet a pound to a penny that there'll be some obvious tension between the two, since both of them are/were in love with the Doctor. :rolleyes: *sigh*

I was a little disapointed with the Chritmas special. A bit stupid I thought = what do other people think?

***SPOILERS***
(highlight to see more clearly)

I thought there was way too much death. Granted, most of the people the audience was introduced to died valiantly, but that many deaths seemed almost un-Doctor Who-ish. Especially Astrid's death... When the Doctor said he could bring her back, I was ecstatic! Then as soon as they had given us a glimmer of hope, they ripped it away...

However, despite the fact that they never actually talked about the real meaning of Christmas, I did enjoy listening to the Doctor basically denunciate the the secular view of Christmas...:D

Ok, that's all for this post's spoilers...

-Lizzie- Fish

Haha - very true indeed. But then when has Dr.Who ever been particularly pro-christian... it's directed by Davies for goodness sake.

*SPOILERS* and ill floow fish's technique cos its clever!!

I agree about the whole death thing. Although, I'm happy that Astrid died (if that doesnt make me sound TOO sick) because she'd have been weird as his Traveller. On that matter, I'm not happy about Catherine Tate's return for next series. She's a brill girl don't gt me wrong but she just doesn't seem right.

Getting back on subject. I don't particularly like the future set episodes of Dr. Who that much anyway cos I think theyre more boring so this one stood not much of a chance anyway, but the thing that really got to me was the fact they were human - but not from earth - how does that work!!??!?!? Grrrr:mad:

Haha - very true indeed. But then when has Dr.Who ever been particularly pro-christian... it's directed by Davies for goodness sake.

*SPOILERS* and ill floow fish's technique cos its clever!!

I agree about the whole death thing. Although, I'm happy that Astrid died (if that doesnt make me sound TOO sick) because she'd have been weird as his Traveller. On that matter, I'm not happy about Catherine Tate's return for next series. She's a brill girl don't gt me wrong but she just doesn't seem right.

Getting back on subject. I don't particularly like the future set episodes of Dr. Who that much anyway cos I think theyre more boring so this one stood not much of a chance anyway, but the thing that really got to me was the fact they were human - but not from earth - how does that work!!??!?!? Grrrr:mad:
***SPOILERS***
Well, when it comes to companions, I'm half agree with you. I still don't think Astrid had to die... Like Donna, I would have liked to see her take a short trip with the Doctor, then he could just leave her on earth... That'd be nice... I didn't particularly like Astrid, anyway...
***END SPOILERS***

As for Catherine Tate/Donna, I actually would prefer her over Billie Piper/Rose, who is scheduled to reappear despite the fact that she's supposed to be stuck in an alternate universe... I actually like Billie better than I like Catherine, but I think what put me off Rose is that the writers played up the "dumb blonde" a bit too much... They never really seemed to let her do anything intelligent, aside from when she looked into the heart of the Tardis, thus rescuing the Doctor... And of course, along with Rose comes Mickey, who really bugs me... ("Oh Rose, you're always thinking of the Doctor. But what about us? You left... I had no idea when you were coming back... What about me, Rose? Me, me, me." Oy vey that boy gets to me...) Nah, the best companion so far has been Martha, who is also scheduled to reappear this season.... She actually used her brain to figure things out...

I don't think they will, but if the writers turn this into a big cat fight (Catherine, Billie, and Freema are all supposed to return, and his current companion will be there also...), I will be seriously disappointed. Living in America, I don't have access to the old Doctor Who (pre Chris Eccleston), but from what I understand, it was fairly void of romance... They've seemed to keep it pretty at bay in the new series (especially with the Doctor and Rose never actually saying they loved eachother, and pretty much only kissing when it was needed to save lives), but I am slightly concerned about bringing in all the old companions... Oh well, I guess we'll see how it turns out...

Yes, I'm also confused how there will be contact with Rose from the other universe. It seems a bit crazy. But your right - Martha is by far the best and her family is brill. The guy playing her brother is a radio DJ here in England called Reggie Yates hows abosolutely awesome so having him as a brother makes her even better!!! I hope she comes back proper.

I didn't see the one with Catherine Tate so I'm not really sure what she's like. I'm sure she'll be alright I spose. I love her show. But I am looking forward to the new series. Am going to quit work so I can watch it on a saturday night!!

Yes, I'm also confused how there will be contact with Rose from the other universe. It seems a bit crazy. But your right - Martha is by far the best and her family is brill. The guy playing her brother is a radio DJ here in England called Reggie Yates hows abosolutely awesome so having him as a brother makes her even better!!! I hope she comes back proper.

I didn't see the one with Catherine Tate so I'm not really sure what she's like. I'm sure she'll be alright I spose. I love her show. But I am looking forward to the new series. Am going to quit work so I can watch it on a saturday night!!

Wow... I'm so moving to England... :D Seriously, you all have the most awesome people there...:D

The one thing I liked about Donna is that they never had her show any romantic feelings towards the Doctor in the episode (actually, if you're interested in watching it, I suggest YouTube. That's how we Americans keep up-to-date on Doctor Who...:D). She was just this fiesty, "everything happens to me" type of character (though not in the annoying way like Mickey).

When does the new season actually start? I've not been able to figure that out yet....

I dont know either. I watched the trailer at the end of the Christmas Day special but it didnt say it was just like:

'Dr. Who will return'

... ok cheers for that!! I will try post here when and if I find out!

I dont know either. I watched the trailer at the end of the Christmas Day special but it didnt say it was just like:

'Dr. Who will return'

... ok cheers for that!! I will try post here when and if I find out!

Cool...:D In the meantime, I'll just entertain myself with Reruns and the Doctor Who games on their website...:D

I stopped whatching it when they got rid of Rose. I mean, come on! Who in his right mind gets rid of Billie Piper? I will watch it again when this period of mourning is over, sometime.

Well, meanwhile, I'm glad they're giving the great Sarah Jane Smith a series of her own. I saw the promo for it, and actress Elizabeth Sladen sure looks terrific for her age.

I think I've seen that promo also. Is that the one they say, "from the makers of Dr. Who"? The (something) Sara Jane (something)? Cause I'm not familiar with Sara Jane.

Sarah Jane was one of the most popular "companions" back in the original thirty-year continuous production run of the series. She had the privilege of sharing the Doctor's adventures in the 1970's in TWO of his incarnations: as Jon Pertwee and as Tom Baker. Chronologically, she came just before Leela, who came just before Romanadvoratrelundar. Giving her a show of her own at this time, with all the old adventures as part of her backstory, helps to drive home the point that the new "Doctor Who" series IS supposed to be a continuation, rather than starting the concept over from square one.

I might as well add this. Anyone familiar with Mr. Lewis' book "The Great Divorce" knows that one of the Heavenly saints depicted in the book is named Sarah, and is said to have lived in mortal life in Golders Green in Britain. Well, the Sarah in "Doctor Who" is ALSO said to have lived in Golders Green! I've been wanting to mention that to someone for DECADES!

Last edited:
Barbarianking, were you informed Rose is back!I was snooping around on the BBC DW website and I came across a video labeled Rose! Have you seen it?

Back