• Episode I: The Phantom Menace

• Episode II: Attack of the Clones

• Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

• Clone Wars Animated

• Episode VII: The Force Awakens

• Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

• Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

Results are only viewable after voting.
for me ... the special star wars feeling is gone ... i like the prequels and i love the ot ... but for me TCW isn't star wars anymore. the EU has better stories ...

Probably because there's not much of a Star Wars audience anymore, especially with Star Trek coming out soon. I like ST better than Star Wars. Used to hate Star Trek but now...it's more believable and more fun than Star Wars.

i also like star trek ... ... and i'm looking forward to watch the film on thursday ... but that's not the point ... when i watch the OT or the PT i'm in a different world ... but when i watch TCW ... it's just like i would watch spongebob ... ok that's a bad comparison ... but it's nothin special ...

Yeah, but TCW isn't supposed to be the same. It's supposed to be different because it's exposing you to the Clone Wars. But I think they should have made a movie in-between Episode I and another in-between Episodes II and III to flesh the story out more. Who said it had to be a trilogy?

For myself Star Wars only lives in Original Trilogy for me. I once loved the prequels, but since of late.. I have laid them aside. The Star Was spark is gone and I do not expect it to ever return. However I still herald the OT as a masterpiece of science fiction. They will always be apart of my collection. :)

Bah - without the rpequels we don't have Grievous or Darth Maul, two of my great favorites!

I agree with you, as movies, the three originals were awesome ... but I like the new ones, too.

Oh the villans of the prequels were top notch, espeically Darth Maul. However the plot and chemistry in my opinion wasn't as strong as in the Original Trilogy.

yeah grievous and darth maul are fantastic villians ... and i see the PT and the OT including stories of the EU as my Star wars universe (without TCW and CW).

It would be nice if they did a movie based on EU, like the Emperor's Hand/ Heir To the Emperor. I can't help it, Mara Jade was one of my favorite EU characters. :)

mara jade ... i love her too. i love the complete NJO-series ... one of my fave books is dark lord ... i read it i guess 3 or 4 times ... and everytime i love it more and more =)

do you like the series "legacy of the force"?
next year is jedi-con again ... and i will go ... my first star wars con. last year i can't go ... but next year =)
but i need a new costume ... i have just my endor rebel soldier (leia style) costume :p

You should read The Life and Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi. Despite it's shortness, and many typos, it's a good book...just wish it had been longer. I felt like the author jumped around in Obi-Wan's life. :rolleyes:

i just read the first one of LOF... and i liked it ... and i have to read the following books XD

The Life and Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi ... the german translation is released about a month ago ... maybe i should buy it.

You should read The Life and Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi. Despite it's shortness, and many typos, it's a good book...just wish it had been longer. I felt like the author jumped around in Obi-Wan's life. :rolleyes:

Does Obi-Wan ever confont Vader again before their final duel on the Death Star in a New Hope?

Nope. Not that I recall. I'm busy reading about 3 books at the moment so it'll be a while before I re-read it, but as far as I recall, his last confrontation with Vader was on the Death Star. He also didn't know that Anakin had survived until several months later. And, he met young Luke several years before ANH.

and it was weird "reading" the films. Because, a lot of the stuff in the book was based off all the films, so they had the lines and stuff in it. One of my favorites is said by Dex though (before Ep. II)

"Cutting through things is merely a lightsaber's technical function...but its true power is in the eye of the beholder. The sight of a lightsaber can inspire great fear, but it can also inspire great hope. It all depends on whether one regards the Jedi as friend or foe...With one quick sweep of a lightsaber, you gave hope to everyone who saw your blade. Except the bad guys, that is. Your lightsaber brought them to their knees, and without spilling a drop of blood."

That's a great quote Aravis.

I must confess that I have massive Star Wars card collection. So massive, that binders are bursting at seams, well it it had seams. :D

the new jedi order series is good i read almost all of them i am trying to read the next series i am reading outcast but i set it aside for right now cause my star wars facination is falling off right now.

Back