My Front Porch Looking In (Star Wars Prequel Re-write)

Approaching the Council (Jan. 14)

While myself, Anakin, jar Jar and the others were whisked off to the Senatorial building, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon went to report and speak to the Jedi Council at the Jedi Temple.

“My only conclusion can be is that it was a Sith Lord.” Qui-Gon said as he and Obi-Wan stood straight and attentive in the center of the council chambers.

“A Sith Lord?!?” The Senior Jedi, Mace Windu, could not contain his surprise...or more accurately, his shock.

“Impossible! The Sith have been extinct for a millennium.” Said the Cerean Jedi Master Ki-Adi Mundi.

“I do not believe they could have returned without us knowing.” Mace said, seemingly recovering from his earlier surprise.

“Hard to see, the dark side is. Discover who this assassin is, we
must.” A Jedi Master named Yoda said. Yoda was one of the wisest Jedi who ever lived, and someone who had trained several Jedi, including Obi-Wan.

“We will use all our resources here to unravel this mystery and discover the identity of your attacker... May the Force be with you.” Mace Windu said, using the standard Jedi greeting.

Obi-Wan turned to leave but Qui-Gon continued to stay.

“Master Qui-Gon, more to say have you?” said Yoda.

“With your permission, my Master. I have encountered a vergence in the Force.” Qui-gon said.

Yoda’s eyes widened. “A vergence, you say?”

“Located around a person?” Mace asked.

“A boy; his cells have the highest concentration of midi-chlorians I have seen in a life form. It is possible he was conceived by the midi-chlorians.” Qui-Gon replied. Inwardly, Obi-Wan rolled his eyes. Would he have to play second fiddle to this ten year old boy?

“You’re referring to the prophecy of the one who will bring balance to the Force. You believe it’s this boy?” Mace asked again.

“I don’t presume…” Qui-gon began

“But you do! Revealed your opinion is.” Yoda interrupted.

Qui-gon stood firm. “I request the boy be tested.”

The Jedi look to one another, then nod and turn back.

“Trained as a Jedi, you request for him?”
Qui-Gon nodded slightly. “Finding him was the will of the Force. I have no doubt of that.”

Mace nodded in agreement.“Bring him before us then.”

Qui-gon and Obi-Wan bowed and left the room. They met Siri Tachi, a friend of Obi-Wan’s, outside. Qui-gon went on ahead and left the two to talk.

“What’s wrong?” Siri asked Obi-Wan.

He shook his head. “Nothing.”

She wouldn’t be fooled. “I know you too well, Kenobi. You’re upset.”

“I’m not upset, Siri.”

I always love Siri, I didn't read too many of the Jedi Apprentice books but she was cool

Two Blondes+1 Obi-Wan Kenobi=Trouble (Jan. 17)

Author's note: ack! I forgot it's been 3 days since I updated. How time does fly. :p

She smirked. “And you’re in love.”

“I am not! And that was completely random.”

“yes you are, Kenobi, and you know it.” She said matter-of-factly.

“Well then you don’t know me very well.”

She laughed softly. “I know you plenty.”

He sighed in frustration. “I have to go.”

“Who is it this time, Kenobi?”

He pointed a finger at her, telling her not to go any further. “Just stop it.”

“All I want to know is who she is.” Siri said; curiosity was one of her weak points.

Obi-Wan lowered his finger. “Petra Skywalker; Qui-gon released her and her brother from slavery. You happy now?”

Siri was taken aback. “A slave?! You tossed me aside for a slave.”

Anger was starting to show. “She’s more than that.”

Qui-gon stepped in between them. “You two take this outside before you cause a disturbance.”

Obi-Wan retreated and calmed down. “Sorry master.”

They walked outside; Qui-gon shook his head. Those two never went a day without fighting over something. Siri and me were alike now that he thought about it; both were free-spirited, beautiful, independent, opinionated…Siri could handle a lightsaber very well; and Qui-Gon had a feeling that if I were trained, I’d be just as lethal. He also had a feeling that both of us were getting under Obi-Wan’s skin and that he was in love with both of us. He couldn’t really blame Obi-Wan.

“So what’s she like?” Siri asked once she and obi-wan were alone.

“You know, Tachi, I don’t have to put up with this.” Obi-Wan said annoyed.

She still smirked. “But you will, Kenobi.”

He started to walk away. “I want to meet her; know what I’m up against.”

He turned back around. “You make it sound like she’s the enemy!”

Siri moved closer to him. “Maybe she is.”

Obi-Wan shook his head and walked back inside. Siri was jealous; he knew that much. But whether he was in love with me or not, she had no say. Obi-Wan turned and walked back inside to join Qui-gon, who had sent for both me and Anakin. We arrived about ten minutes later, after Anakin tried to see Padme again but instead, was told that she was on an errand. Anakin gave his message to Queen Amidala, who promised to let Padme know. Qui-gon took Anakin inside to the Council chambers, then left per the Council’s request. He and Obi-Wan talked on the balcony overlooking the city while I just sort of walked around. What I found out next nearly knocked me off my feet. Well, not really found out…more like what I saw.

“Hello, my name is Siri Tachi. And you are?” A young, blonde woman asked me, who strangely, looked a lot like me.

“Uh…Petra Skywalker.” I said in reply, smiling, though I didn’t really like her for some reason; couldn’t explain that either.

She smiled back, her hand resting on her hip. “I’m one of Obi-Wan’s friends; but I don’t know you.”

I laughed a little. “I don’t see how you would since I’ve only been here about three hours.”

Her smile somewhat faded. This girl had attitude. “Oh. Well…what brings you to Coruscant?” Siri knew the answer. But she just had to make things difficult.

“My brother and I were slaves on Tattoine; Qui-Gon freed us and brought us here.”

“interesting” was all Siri said in response as Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon walked towards them. Obi-Wan rolled his eyes; now he had to deal with both of them at once.

Siri sidled up to him. “Nice one, Kenobi. She has attitude, I’ll give her that. But she also has a smart mouth.”

He gave Siri a smirk. “You should know what that is.”

Her smugness turned into slight anger. “Kenobi, I’m serious. She’s trouble.”

“Well, so are you but I still hang around with you.”

She slapped him on the arm. “Just don’t’ play into her hands.”

“I will since you’re so jealous.”

“I’m not jealous!” Siri nearly shouted, incensed at the idea of Obi-Wan calling her jealous. “Maybe I should just run my lightsaber through her right now and be done with it.”

“That’s it.” Obi-Wan said ferociously and he, for lack of a better term, tackled her in front of me and Qui-Gon. Qui-Gon looked at me with humor in his features, but I was not amused. I was…jealous. Oh boy.

Before the Council (Jan. 20)

“Alright, alright, enough you two.” Qui-Gon said, but he didn’t really mean it. He was enjoying this little love triangle between the three of us and knew that Obi-Wan was caught between a rock and a hard place. One of the Jedi Council members came out and asked Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan to join them, but as he went back, he cast curious looks at Obi-Wan and Siri, who were still on the floor nearly wrestling. Obi-Wan stood up and straightened his robe out, smoothing the wrinkles. He winked at me, for a reason I still don’t know, and walked on with Qui-Gon into the chamber, where Anakin was anxiously awaiting his fate. I unfortunately, was left alone with Siri, who was obviously a little more than miffed at Obi-Wan.

“I’ll get him back for it later” she said disdainfully. I just shrugged my shoulders and sat down on a nearby bench. Siri sat down next to me but I really wished she’d just leave me alone. I didn’t like her and I got the sense that the feeling was mutual. As I’d later realize, I was coming in-between her and Obi-Wan; the rift in their relationship that started then would have disastrous consequences.

“So how old are you?” Siri asked.

She couldn’t see my face, so I knew she couldn’t see that I rolled my eyes. “Seventeen; I’ll be eighteen in a few weeks.”

“You seem older than that.” Siri said, referring more to the way I carried myself than my physical features.

“Being a slave does that to you.” I said nonchalantly. What could be taking them so long?

“Correct you were, Qui-Gon” Yoda said.

“His cells do contain a high concentration of midi-chlorians.” Mace Windu stated.

“The Force is strong with him.” Ki-Adi said in agreement.

Qui-gon had a slight smile on his face. “He will be trained, then?”

“No, he will not be trained” Mace said, a little bit shocked that Qui-gon would assume that.

“No?” Qui-gon asked, disappointed.

“He is too old” Mace replied, which was in fact true. Obi-Wan smirked. He wouldn’t have to be cast aside for this child after all. But another thought occurred to him: what would happen with the two of us?

But Qui-Gon wasn’t deterred. “He is the chosen one. You must see it.”

Yoda shook his head slightly. “Clouded, this boy’s future is.”

Qui-gon stepped forward and placed his hands on Anakin’s shoulders. “I will train him then.”

The smirk at that moment disappeared from Obi-Wan’s face as Qui-gon continued. “I take Anakin as my Padawan learner.”

Yoda and all the other Jedi’s eyes widened. “An apprentice you have, Qui-gon; impossible to take on a second.”

Mace nodded in agreement. “The Code forbids it.”

“Obi-Wan is ready” Qui-gon said.

Obi-Wan stepped forward a little. “I am ready to face the trials.”

“Our own council we will keep on who is ready.” Yoda replied.

“He is headstrong, and he has much to learn about the living Force but he is capable. There is little more he will learn from me.” Qui-gon said; which also happened to be true. Obi-Wan was pretty stubborn.

“Now is not the time for this. The Senate is voting for a new Supreme Chancellor and Queen Amidala is returning home, which will put pressure on the Federation and could widen the confrontation.” Mace replied.

“And it could also draw out the Queen’s attacker” Ki-Adi stated.

“Go with the Queen to Naboo and discover the identity of this dark warrior. This could be the clue we need to unravel the mystery of the Sith.” Mace said.

Yoda nodded. “Young Skywalker’s fate will be decided later. May the Force be with you.”

Disappointment #1 (Jan. 23)

Qui-Gon, Anakin and Obi-Wan bow and leave the Council chambers. I, by this time, had gotten up and paced around, not only because I was nervous but also because of Siri. She stayed sitting on the bench when the Jedi and Anakin came out.

Qui-gon was obviously upset when he opened his mouth. “We’re going back to Naboo with the Queen. You and Anakin will accompany us.”

He walked off, leaving myself, Anakin, Obi-Wan and Siri alone.

“Wow, I’ve never seen him that upset in a while.” Siri said surprised.

Obi-Wan looked at me. “He’s just…disappointed.”

Anakin moved beside me and out of habit, I put my arms around him protectively.

Qui-gon came back. “Come on you three, we need to be at the platform before the Queen arrives.”

Obi-Wan, Anakin and I started to walk off. “Bye Kenobi.” Siri said with a slight smirk on her face. Obi-Wan rolled his eyes and continued on without saying anything to her.

We made our way to the landing platform, the wind blowing somewhat hard. I was used to a lot higher winds on Tattoine so it didn’t’ bother me. Qui-gon and Obi-Wan walked around talking, waiting for the Queen to appear.

“It’s not disrespect Master it’s the truth.” Obi-Wan said, still defending his position.

“From your point of view.” Qui-Gon replied, repeating a very questionable Jedi teaching.

But Obi-Wan knew…something inside him told him, “The boy is dangerous. They all sense it, why can’t you?” He said out loud, saying what was in his mind to Qui-gon.

Qui-gon shook his head. “His fate is uncertain, not dangerous. The council will decide Anakin’s fate when we get back. That should be enough for you; now get on board.”

Obi-Wan shut his mouth; being reprimanded by his master was something he didn’t enjoy. He nodded slightly and turned to walk onto the ship. We locked eyes then he moved on. I heard everything he had said and I didn’t agree. Of course, Anakin was my brother so I’d naturally defend him, but coming from Obi-Wan; a man who we barely knew…someone I was slowly falling in love with, was condemning qui-gon for wanting a better life for Anakin. It made me slightly angry, but only slightly. I don’t know why that, deep down in my heart, I knew Kenobi was right in his fears. Maybe it was a sense of foreboding. Maybe it was my own paranoia. Whatever it was, it would unfortunately prove true years later.

Back to Naboo (Jan. 26th)

Anyway, back to everybody else: the Queen finally arrived and we were all able to get on board the ship. Several minutes later, we were above the planet of Coruscant and pointed towards Naboo. Ric Olie engaged hyperspace and Anakin and I watched in the cockpit as the stars flew by as we went into hyperspace.

“And that one?” Anakin asked of Ric Olie.

“The forward stabilizer” he replied.

Anakin pointed to another lever. “And those two control the pitch?”

Ric Olie smiled in amusement. “You catch on pretty quick.”

Obi-Wan and Qui-gon were meeting with the Queen and her guards in the back of the ship.

“The moment we land the Federation will arrest you, and force you to sign the treaty” Her trusted head of security, Captain Panaka said.

Qui-Gon nodded in agreement. “I agree. I’m not sure what you wish to accomplish by this.”

Queen Amidala kept her stiff countenance. “We will take back what’s ours.”

Captain Panaka couldn’t’ believe his Queen’s words. “There are only twelve of us, Your Highness. We have no army.”

“I can only protect you, Your Highness. I can’t fight a war for you.” Qui-Gon said, something that was in fact true.

The Queen was silent for a minute. “Jar Jar Binks?”

Jar Jar was behind Qui-gon. “Mesa, Your Highness?!”

“Yes…I need your help.”

A Love Triangle (Jan. 28th)

Obi-wan's still cute :D

cute?! He's adorable!!!!!!!!!! :D

After this was over, Obi-Wan joined us in the cockpit for the rest of the journey. I could tell he was jittery and unsure. Panaka joined us a few minutes later.

“The blockade’s gone” he said, surprise escaping from his voice.

Obi-Wan looked at him. “The war’s over; there’s no need for it now.”

Ric Olie shook his head. “I have one battleship on my scope. It’s a”

“Droid control ship” Obi-Wan finished.

“Then they’ve probably spotted us.” Panaka grimly said.

Obi-Wan nodded slightly. “We haven’t much time.” He looked over at me; I was sitting in one of the chairs with Anakin on my lap. I just shrugged my shoulders and looked out the cockpit window.

The Naboo cruiser landed in the Gungan swamp, in the heart of Naboo. We all got off and followed Jar Jar to a heavily wooded area where he left us to go underwater to try to find his people. Meanwhile, the rest of us waited.

“Jar Jar is on his way to the Gungan city, Master” obi-Wan said as he walked up beside Qui-gon, occasionally looking behind him at me.

Qui-gon was staring off in the distance, his thoughts turned to ones of war…and me. “Good.”

There’s silence between them for a minute. “Do you think the Queen’s idea will work?” Obi-Wan asked.

“The Gungans will not easily be swayed” He said, then added as an afterthought “And we cannot use our power to help her.”

Obi-Wan looked at him and sensed his thoughts. But he didn’t approach it at the moment. “I’m…I’m sorry for my behavior Master. It is not my place to disagree with you about the boy. And I am grateful you think I’m ready for the trials.”

Qui-gon turned to look at Obi-Wan, his thoughts distracted. He placed a hand on Obi-Wan’s shoulder. “You have been a good apprentice Obi-Wan. You are a much wiser man than I am. I foresee you will become a great Jedi Knight.” He looked over at me. “And don’t let anything slip out of your fingers; especially if it’s worth holding on to.” His gaze never turned away from me, though I wasn’t paying attention to him or Kenobi. If I had known that both of them were looking at me, I might have been blushing. But I wasn’t looking at either of them. I had a feeling that Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan both were developing an attraction for me but I just shrugged it off. What should I care? Obi-Wan looked at him curiously.

“Master?”

“Never mind, Obi-Wan” Qui-Gon said, turning back to Obi-Wan as Jar Jar walked up.

“Dare-sa nobody dare. Some kinda fight, mesa tink.” Jar Jar said.

Qui-Gon thought a moment. “Do you think they have been taken to the camps?”

Panaka leaned over to Qui-Gon and said, “More likely they were wiped out.”

Jar Jar shook his head. “Mesa no tink so. When in trouble, Gungans go to sacred place. Mesa show you, come on mesa show you!”

He headed off back into the group towards the hiding place of the Gungans. We waited for the Jedi and the Queen to follow him before following Jar Jar ourselves. Obi-Wan was directly in front of me. I wasn’t paying attention and I tripped over a root in the ground; Obi-Wan turned around, as did Qui-gon and both caught my arms. They helped me back to my feet but neither released my arms.

“Um, thanks.” I said trying to get them to release me. Qui-gon was the first to let go and he turned away. Obi-Wan didn’t seem to get the message though, so I pulled my arm out of his hand and walked by him, Anakin following behind me. Obi-Wan shook his head and was the last to get to the Gungans’ sacred place.

Last edited:
A Plea For Help (Jan. 30th)

I thought Jar Jar was a strange creature, but imagine being surrounded by lots more Gungans…it’s interesting to say the least; especially the chief Gungan Boss Nass.

“Jar Jar Binks. Who’s da uss-en others?”

Queen Amidala stepped forward. Obi-Wan caught up with us and joined Qui-gon, myself and Anakin at the front. I was in-between the two of them; not sure how I got there but I couldn’t exactly move.

“I am Queen Amidala of the Naboo. I come before you in peace.”

“Naboo biggen. Yousa bringen da mackineeks. Yousa all bombad.” Boss Nass waved his hand in dismissal as he spoke.

The Queen never flinched. “We wish to form an alliance…”

“Your honor” Padme said as she stepped forward.

“Whosa dis?” Boss Nass asked impatiently.

“I am Queen Amidala.” She looked to Sabe, the young handmaiden dressed as the Queen. “This is my decoy; my protection, my loyal bodyguard.”

Boy, I didn’t see THAT one coming.

Padme turned back to Boss Nass as Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon looked at each other knowingly. “I’m sorry for my deception but it was necessary to protect myself. Although we do not always agree, Your Honor, our two great societies have always lived in peace. The Trade Federation has destroyed all that we have worked so hard to build. If we do not act quickly all will be lost forever. I ask you to help us…no I beg you to help us.”

She fell to her knees before Boss Nass, and everyone followed her lead.

“We are your humble servants. Our fate is in your hands.” Padme fell silent, waiting for Boss Nass’ answer.

The Gungans all looked to each other and Boss Nass started laughing out loud; quite an annoying laugh if you want to know.

“Yousa no tinken yousa greater den da Gungans. Mesa lika dis. Maybe wesa bein friends.” He said. Everybody cheered and stood up. I didn’t like this at all.

An Uncomfortable Feeling (February 2nd)

A Gungan sentry was sitting on top of an ancient temple, keeping an eye out for any enemy movement, and for those who some of the commanders had gone to rescue from the camps. Anakin was down below; I was with Obi-Wan and Qui-gon and the others.

“Daza comen!” The sentry shouted down to Anakin.

“Alright!” Anakin shouted and ran back to us. “They’re here!”

“Good they made it” Padme said as speeders pulled up. Boss Nass put his arm around Jar Jar as they walked to the group.

“Yousa doen grand. Jar Jar bringen us and da Naboo together.” He said proudly.

“Oh no, no no…” Jar Jar said.

“Wesa maken yousa Bombad general.” Boss Nass stated.

“General?!” Jar Jar said in surprise, then he fainted.

I was sitting down from the group, my back to them, against a tree. Qui-gon looked at obi-wan. “Go and talk to her.”

“Why?” He looked at Qui-Gon with a confused look on his face.

“Just go.” Qui-Gon replied.

Obi-Wan shrugged, sighed, then walked over to me. “Can I join you?” he asked me.

I jumped, not hearing him approach. “Uh, yeah sure.” I stammered, not looking at him.

I heard a soft thump in the grass as he sat down next to me. Why me????

“If it’s any consolation, the Jedi don’t want to be involved in this war anymore than you do.” He said softly.

“I don’t have a choice; you do.” I snapped.

“Not necessarily” he replied. I could just hear him smiling. I felt his warm hand on my shoulder, trying to get me to face him, but in my own stubborn pride, I wouldn’t. I just crossed my arms and kept my back to him, so being the persistent, sometimes annoying Jedi that he is, he stood up and walked around me; kneeling down in front of me. Qui-Gon was watching us, guessing what Obi-Wan was eventually going to do. It was inevitable from his point of view.

Back