• Liked it-I'll read the sequel just to see what happens

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Disliked/hated the prequel-I won't read the sequel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I didn't like or hate it.

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
thanks for the flashbacks, I don't have that great of a memory for specific events, I enjoy them ;)

Chapter Eleven: The Next Morning (Part 3: Finally!)

He looked at me and swallowed hard. I could tell he wanted to say something else, but instead he turned away and said nothing further. I looked over at Ben. Ben simply shrugged and shook his head as Mos Eisley came into view. As we continued to ride in silence, I was reminded of the first time Siri and I met.
“Hello, my name is Siri Tachi. And you are?” A young, blonde woman asked me.
“Uh…Petra Skywalker.” I said in reply, smiling.
She smiled back, her hand resting on her hip. “I’m one of Obi-Wan’s friends; but I don’t know you.”
I laughed a little. “I don’t see how you would since I’ve only been here about three hours.”
Her smile faded somewhat. “Oh. Well…what brings you to Coruscant?”
“My brother and I were slaves on Tattoine; Qui-Gon freed us and brought us here.”
“Interesting” was all Siri said in response as Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan came down the hall towards us.
Siri sidled up to him. “Nice one, Kenobi. She has attitude, I’ll give her that. But she also has a smart mouth.”
He gave Siri a smirk. “You should know what that is.”
Her smugness turned into slight anger. “Kenobi, I’m serious. She’s trouble.”
“Well, so are you but I still hang around with you.”
She slapped him on the arm. “Just don’t’ play into her hands.”
“I will since you’re so jealous.”
“I’m not jealous!” Siri nearly shouted, incensed at the idea of Obi-Wan calling her jealous. “Maybe I should just run my lightsaber through her right now and be done with it.”
“That’s it.” Obi-Wan said ferociously and he tackled her in front of me and Qui-Gon.
“All right, all right, enough you two.” Qui-Gon said.

“And my friend said that you can borrow his ship for as long as you need it. Just as long as you return it in one piece” Owen was saying.

“Then perhaps I should allow Petra to fly it instead of me” Ben said, grinning at me. I just shrugged and shook my head. We drove into Mos Eisley and headed to the hangars. Once we got there, we met up with an old friend of Owen’s, and he led us to his ship. He quickly gave us a tour of the ship and familiarized us with the controls. He wished us a speedy and safe journey and left, leaving us alone with Owen.
“Well…I guess this is where we part company. I hope you find your parents, Petra” Owen said, reaching out and taking my hand. “And again, I’m sorry about the way I acted.”
I moved toward him and hugged him, catching him off-guard. “Don’t apologize. I don’t harbor any hard feelings toward you. And I’m sorry for what Anakin did, it was uncalled for.”
Owen sighed. “I don’t think Shmi would have approved of his actions.”
I shook my head. “No, she wouldn’t have. Thank you Owen.”
He nodded and walked out of the ship. “We don’t have to do this, you know” I said to Ben as he sat down in the pilot’s seat. He turned and looked at me.
“Yes, I do” he replied.
I sat down in the co-pilots seat. “Why?”
“I was wrong in not listening to you about coming for your mom when you asked. Forgive me?” He said with his head lowered.
“Ben of course I forgive you. How can I not after all you’ve done for me?” I leaned forward and kissed him on the cheek, which made him raise his head. Then, after not seeing it for a long time, he smiled at me. “Now come on, we have a planet to visit.”
“As you wish, m’lady” he said, bowing his head and turning to the console. I shook my head and turned to face the window. He started the engines and ran through a pre-flight check, and then we slowly lifted off of Tattoine. As we left the golden sand of Tattoine, I was reminded of the first time I left the planet…and my only home.
“You know, it’s rude to stare at someone when they’re trying to sleep.” I said with my eyes closed and my back to the doorway. I heard a shuffling of feet in the dark. “I didn’t mean to startle you, Kenobi.”
“I apologize; I shouldn’t have been watching you.” He said softly.
“It’s alright; you didn’t stare a hole through me.” I said, laughing softly. He didn’t respond as he walked over to me and sat down beside me.
“I never thanked you for helping with the hyper drive; it is running excellently now.” He said sincerely.
I shrugged my shoulders. “It was nothing; just helping out.”
He smiled. “You have a lot of talent for someone your age.”
I shrugged again. “Just credit it to years of forced labor with those kinds of things.” I finally just opened my eyes and stared at the bulkhead opposite me.
“Do you miss Tattoine?” He said, a certain level of concern in his voice.
I scoffed. “That rock? Heavens no. I don’t care where we’re going; as long as it’s away from there.”
“I think you exaggerate.” He said, his eyes boring into mine. I averted his gaze and returned to staring at the bulkhead.
“How so?” I said, trying to get him off my back.
“I’m a Jedi; Jedi can sense these things.”
I rolled my eyes. “You’re right; I miss my mother. I didn’t get to say goodbye properly.” A tear slipped slowly down my cheek.
“I’m sure she misses you just as much.” Obi-Wan said in that lovely warm voice of his.
“Yeah.” I said and I closed my eyes again. But in reality, I wanted to talk to him; let him know how I truly felt. I wanted to tell him that I was scared out of my mind to be caring for Anakin by myself. I felt like I could trust him with anything; and my life. But I held back. I ignored the desire to pour my heart out to him and instead focused on trying to sleep. He got up and walked back to the chair; once seated he began to meditate. I was able to go to sleep but I must have been cold because Obi-Wan took his robe off and laid it over me. I was a little confused when I felt a rough cloth against my face when I woke up but once I realized what it was, I was grateful. The warm, albeit rough robe completely covered me; so, like any person would be comfortable and warm, I snuggled up under it and went back to sleep.

Ben woke me up long enough to direct me to the full-sized bed in the back of the ship. As he left, I grabbed his hand. “Don’t’ leave; set the ship on autopilot.”
When he hesitated, I was afraid he would decide not to stay. But, he squeezed my hand and kissed me on the cheek. “I’ll be right back then.” A minute or two later, he was back with me; he pulled the curtain over the doorway that separated the rest of the ship from the back and lay down beside me. “Petra, I’ve been thinking…we haven’t…well you know, slept together since I came back after that mission to the Outer Rim.”
“So much happened in so little time, there’s been no room for it, Ben. Trust me, I’m not upset or anything with you over it” I replied. His hand slipped around to my stomach and pulled me closer to him. He moved the hair off my neck and kissed it.
“You are an amazing woman, Petra Skywalker Kenobi. I love you” he said softly. I turned my head to look at him.
“And you are an equally amazing man, Obi-Wan Kenobi. I love you” I said kissing him on the lips. “How long until we reach Serenno?”
He kissed my nose. “Several more hours; the route I chose was longer, but necessary to avoid any Imperial outposts.”
“Then I would say we have time” I said, sighing in the darkness.

A/N: Yes, I know...it's goopy. :D

Chapter Twelve: Serenno

A/N: Was going to update tomorrow, but as I'm busy doing homework and housework, I won't be able to.

I felt a gentle shaking and looked up into the eyes of Ben. “I’ve brought the ship out of hyperspace; we’re orbiting Serenno.”
Rubbing my eyes, I sat up, pulling the sheet around me. Ben was wearing only his trousers. “Why didn’t you wake me sooner?”
He shrugged. “You were sleeping soundly, and I couldn’t bear to wake you up. Besides, I just got up a few minutes ago.”
“Why haven’t we landed?” I asked. He sat down beside me.
“I’m running scans of the surface, making sure that there are no Imperial outposts there. I don’t know what we’ll be walking into, and I don’t want to be unprepared” he said, sighing. “I’m going back up front.”
When he left, I started to get dressed. My stomach began to flutter as I thought about what might be awaiting us down on the surface; are my parents even still alive? Will they want to see me? Will they accept me?
I picked up Ben’s clothes and took them with me as I went up front. “You might want to get dressed, Kenobi. Though I don’t mind, I don’t believe the people on Serenno will enjoy it.”
He looked up at me, grinning. “Of course, my love.” He stood up and pulled on his clothes. “Go ahead and take us down.”
I nodded and switched from autopilot to manual and landed the ship in a meadow far away from the city of Nubal, the capital of Serenno, and Siri’s birthplace. “This should be far enough away; you should put your belt on; otherwise you’ll lose clothes.”
“Yes ma’am” he said, smirking. He fastened his belt and moved his lightsaber to the back of his belt. “Give me yours.”
“I don’t have it…I lost it when…when Anakin tried to kill me, and frankly I wouldn’t want it back” I said, fighting back tears.
He knelt down beside my seat and brushed away one tear that had escaped. “I didn’t realize…I’m sorry.”
I took a breath and calmed myself down. “It’s okay. I keep thinking that if I had done something, I might have been able to stop him or turn him.”
He shook his head. “Anakin’s mind was made up…or Darth Vader’s as we should call him now. He will stop at nothing to hunt us down and kill us to make sure the Jedi are fully extinguished Come on, we should leave before the authorities get suspicious.”
I shut the engines off and stood up, then Ben and I headed off the ship and into Nubal, which was approximately three miles away. The information I had gathered on Nubal indicated it would be fairly large, but as we walked on the outer skirts of the city, I began to wonder just how accurate the information was. The village we were entering looked deserted, the houses in disrepair, doors ajar, windows knocked out, and other signs of neglect. A cold feeling passed over me, causing me to shiver. Ben looked at me then grasped my hand, squeezing it. “Do you have any idea as to where we’re to go?”
I stopped. “I stuck the papers in your belt.”
He opened the largest pouch on his belt and pulled them out. “With no names of your parents or what street they lived on, we’ll have to guess or go street by street until we find it.” The last words faded away softly, almost as if a realization had struck him. “Wait, Siri once told me she thought she had been born in a village; this could be it.”
I rolled my eyes. “That much is obvious, Ben; the question is, just exactly where?”
“Maybe we should ask someone” he replied.
We resumed walking. “Ask who? I’m sure there’s a place where they have records on the people who lived here…we just need to find it” I said, quickening my pace. “If I only knew my parents’ names, then we’d be better off.”
He pulled me into a dark alleyway and clamped his hand over my mouth, pushing me against the wall. “Don’t move; there are patrols heading this way.”
I glared at him over the hand that was covering my mouth. But, sure enough, there were several armed patrols that passed where we were hiding. When Ben felt that they had moved far enough away, he released me and crept out to the edge of the alley, peeking around the corner. The patrols had moved out of sight and we moved back into the street. “Next time you do something like that, warn me before I start to kick you someplace where it hurts.”
He feigned a look of innocence. “You wouldn’t do that to me, would you? You love me too much.” He placed a kiss on my cheek. I rolled my eyes and slapped him on the shoulder. Men.
After walking a while, I tugged on Ben’s arm. “I need to rest a few minutes.” He nodded and we sat down on the ground on the side of the street. “I feel like we are going on a wild bantha chase, Ben. I doubt my parents are even still alive.”
He turned and looked at me. “Don’t say that; we don’t know who or where they are, but we’ll find them, I promise you.” He extended his hand and helped me up.
“Hey, over here” we heard someone whisper. We turned and looked for the source of the voice. We saw a man a couple of houses ahead of us, motioning for us to come to him. Ben and I exchanged glances.
“Stay here, I’ll check this out” Ben whispered. He left me standing in the middle of the street while he went over and talked with the man in low tones. Ben looked back at me and waved his hand. I walked over and stood close to Ben. “This is Jolee Bindo. He’s a former Jedi and he thinks he can help us find your parents.”
“I only say that because you look so much like Corla” Jolee said. He was dark-skinned with gray hair and a gray beard, and he stood several inches taller than either Ben or I. “I can’t offer much, but I would be honored if both of you would stay at my house.”
Ben shook his head. “We can’t risk endangering you.”
“Oh posh” Jolee said, scoffing. “No Jedi is going to stay on Serenno unless it’s with me; besides, nobody knows I’m a former Jedi myself. You’ll be safe here.”
I looked at Ben and touched his shoulder. “We should stay at least for a couple of days; I doubt the Empire will be looking for us on a planet within the former Republic.”
Ben sighed and weighed the decision carefully. “All right, we’ll stay. But the first sign of trouble we’re leaving.”
Jolee nodded. “Good; this way.”
He led us down another alleyway and to a small house. He unlocked the door and walked in after us. “I don’t have much, but there is an extra bedroom and I’m sure you both would like a hot meal.”
“My cooking is lacking, unfortunately” Ben said. Jolee laughed.
“Very lacking, my love” I replied.
“Jedi aren’t taught to cook, only to eat that which they need to survive” Jolee said.
Ben nodded. “See? I have a good excuse. But at least I have a good cook that I’m married to.”
Jolee went into the kitchen and brought back some tea. “So, the apprentice of Qui-Gon Jinn got married.”
“Qui-Gon kind of put it into my head” Ben said.
“Qui-Gon died over 12 years ago, Jolee; a Sith apprentice killed him” I said, reaching over and taking Ben’s hand in mine.
“I’m sorry” Jolee said as he sat down. “He was a good Jedi…a little unorthodox at times, but a very good Jedi.”
I sighed and Ben looked at me. “Yes, he was.”
“Oh, I’m sorry; you two must be tired” Jolee said. “Let me take you to your room.”
“Don’t go to any trouble” Ben said.
“It’s no trouble” Jolee said, dismissing it. “This room isn’t being used anyway.”
He picked up our bags and led us to a room down the hallway. It had one window that let in little light, especially since the sun was on the other side of the house. He set our bags down and left us alone in the room. “Why don’t you get some rest and I’ll fill him in on why we’re here” Ben said.
“Are you sure that’s a good idea?” I asked nervously. “I don’t feel entirely safe here.”
Ben sighed. “I don’t either, but we don’t have much choice. Besides, he’s a former Jedi and I doubt he’d betray us.” He kissed me on the cheek and left before I had a chance to argue further. I shut the door and sat down on the bed. I looked around at the sparse furnishings; the man certainly was a former Jedi, for all Jedi were taught not to want or to need things. Unfortunately, Ben and I had never learned not to need or want each other, except in times when we couldn’t be together. I sighed and lay down on my back, staring up at the ceiling. Ben and Jolee’s voices drifted in from the living room; though their voices were hushed, I could make out some of the words. Ben was asking him if he’d known my parents, with the last name of Tachi, and he said that he had. He had? I sat up quickly and stood by the door.
“I’m sorry, Ben, but both of them died not long after they lost Petra. Corla was not a strong woman, and contracted a disease native to this planet. She never recovered, and Cane died of heartbreak” I heard Jolee said. I left the door and stood near the bed. Part of me was relieved they were dead; I wouldn’t have to confront them. On the other hand, I felt sadness at missing an opportunity to know my parents. I heard footsteps approaching the door and sat down on the bed as I had been before, in case Ben came back in. He opened the door, and shut it behind him.
“I figured that you were asleep” he said with a smile as he sat down next to me.
I smiled back. “I guess I should be tired after that trip.”
He took off his robe and tunic, tossing them on a chair nearby. “We both should be tired. You look upset.”
“I’m not upset; just…tired I guess” I said with a sigh. “I think I’d like to sleep for a while.”
He kissed me on the cheek. “Jolee said dinner would be in a few hours, so I think there’s time for a nap; if you don’t mind me joining you.”
“I don’t mind one bit” I replied, kissing him softly on the lips. With that, we lay down side by side on top of the covers and slept.

^'Tis okay. :) I will probably only update about once a week for a while. That should give me a chance to write more and everybody a chance to catch up.

Well, I've been away for quite a while, but I've read this part before, so I don't plan on re-catching up with everything. :p Still doing good. And longer posts are really nice. :)

Well, I've been away for quite a while, but I've read this part before, so I don't plan on re-catching up with everything. :p Still doing good. And longer posts are really nice. :)

Thanks. :) I think I posted on theforce.net that I would be waiting to update until I had full chapters; which at the rate I'm going could be a while. ;)

Chapter Thirteen: The Next Morning on Serenno (Part 1)

Ben was already out of bed by the time I awoke. Because there was no window, there was no sun to wake me up, so I slept late. He must have sensed that I was awake because he walked in carrying breakfast. “Jolee went out for a couple of hours. He helped me make this…and I promise that it’s better than me cooking on my own.”
I smiled. “Anything is better than what you cook, Ben.”
He sat down and placed the tray on the bed between us. We ate silently, and I was nearly finished before Ben spoke again. “Are you okay? You seem a little distant this morning.”
I sighed. “I overheard your conversation with Jolee last night.”
He looked down and fell silent. He didn’t talk again until we both finished. “You weren’t supposed to hear that.”
“I know” I replied. “And to be honest, I’m saddened. I suppose we came here all this way for nothing. We can just go home today if you want.”
He looked over at me with surprise. “Jolee wanted to show you your parents’ home. But if you don’t want to, I’m sure he’d understand.”
“I suppose we could stay until the afternoon” I said softly. “Oh, and by the way…this IS a lot better.”
Once Jolee returned, he took us to my parents’ home. It was in reasonably good shape, for he had kept watch over it and taken care of it. “I left everything as it was” he said. “I considered renting it out, but, it just didn’t seem right. Not to mention, the population dwindled with the epidemic that swept through several years ago. After news of it spread to the galaxy, most people and traders avoided Serenno.”
“The Jedi sent out supplies and aid to Serenno during that epidemic. It was one of my first missions with Qui-Gon” Ben said solemnly. “Siri…Siri was on that mission as well.”
“Did she know her…I mean our parents were here?” I asked. Jolee looked to Ben.
“She never said,” Ben answered. His head hung and I knew that he was upset. Inwardly I sighed; how long would he continue to grieve over Siri’s death?
“What are you doing here?” He yelled.
“I’m here to talk to you. “ I answered softly and calmly.
“Why?” He shouted back.
I should mention that Obi-Wan had never raised his voice to me until this day. “Because of what happened; I…”
“You don’t need to know what happened; you’re like Siri; your curiosity can’t ever be satisfied. Now move out of the way.” He started towards me and though I knew he would never strike me, I held my hands out in front of me, which slowed him down but didn’t stop him.
“Listen to me, Kenobi, you’re not the first person to lose somebody he loved. Just don’t act like this, please.” The pleading in my voice did little to deter him. He only kept trying to leave, at which I kept pushing him back, and finally I pushed him back so hard out of frustration that he landed squarely on the couch.
“What was that for?” He asked puzzled.
“Don’t yell at me and then ask why I shoved you. Get a hold of yourself, people die.” I answered, my voice raised but firm.
For a minute, all that could be heard in the room was the sound of our breathing. He didn’t do anything but look at me with shock on his face. I knew why: I had never raised my voice with him or shoved him in any way. “Listen Kenobi; I’m sorry I said it that way but the way you’ve been acting is terrible. Throwing things and getting angry won’t change the fact that Siri’s dead.”
For yet another minute, nothing happened. Then, a floodgate of tears opened on Obi-Wan’s end. He leaned forward with his head in his hands crying. I sat beside him on the couch and held him, letting him cry against me. “You know, I’m always here if you need to talk to me; and I want to talk to you about this; I hate to see you go through this alone.”
“You can’t understand; I can’t…I can’t tell you.” He answered in-between sobs.
“Maybe I can’t understand but I want to know so I can help you. That’s what marriage is about, Kenobi.”

“Get into the back room, hurry!” I heard Jolee say in a frantic voice. I shook my head and barely had time to stand up before Ben grabbed my arm and pulled me into the bedroom.
“What’s going on?” I asked puzzled.
“More patrols; someone must have spotted the ship” he answered. “Get under the bed and hide.”
“Kenobi, I won’t hide under a bed” I said crossing my arms.
He groaned and rolled his eyes in frustration. “Fine, have it your way.”
Both of us fell silent and Ben held his lightsaber at the ready. Jolee allowed the patrols in, and we listened as they asked him questions. Questions about if he knew who the ship belonged to, if he had seen any unusual activity lately, etc… Jolee answered no to each of them, and I could tell by the tone of his voice that his Jedi training was coming into play as he answered them calmly. They requested to search his home, and there was a pause, then he answered yes. “Petra, get under the bed now” Ben said firmly, but quietly. I shook my head stubbornly. Ben waited until the patrols came near to the door, waved his hand and whispered, “There’s nothing here; let’s go.”
The leader of the patrols must have been his target, because I heard, “There’s nothing here; let’s go” and then footsteps heading away from the door. Ben breathed a sigh of relief and clipped his lightsaber back to his belt. The front door closed and Jolee opened the bedroom door. “They’ve gone. Are you all right?”
We both nodded. “I should have thought of the Force mind trick before they came in” Jolee said regretfully.
I touched his arm. “Jolee, it’s okay. Everything’s fine now, and hopefully those patrols won’t come back for a while.” I looked around the dusty old room. “Jolee, why did my parents never look for me? Didn’t they know where they had left me?”
He sighed. “Petra, they never intended to lose you. Truth be told, they didn’t know where you were, and when they realized you were missing they didn’t know where to go or where to start.”
I looked at him. “What are you talking about? They left me on Tattoine.”
“They didn’t. They didn’t leave you; you were kidnapped unintentionally” he said.
Ben looked as confused as I felt. “Jolee, speak plain English. Are you saying Petra was accidentally kidnapped and her parents had no idea?”
“More or less, yes that’s what I’m saying. Bounty hunters, traders, and pirates used Serenno as a loading place…or they picked up ships that they liked. Petra had an insatiable curiosity and was always exploring. She was especially interested in her parents’ ship, and was playing hide-and-seek with Siri when a bounty hunter happened along and took the ship with Petra in it” Jolee said. He looked at me. “Do you remember now?”
“You hide, and I’ll find you” the 6 year old Siri said.
“I always have to hide” I said with a pout, crossing my arms. “Why can’t you hide?”
“Because I’m the oldest, and you have to do what I say” Siri said firmly.
“Fine, but I’ll hide so good you won’t find me!” I replied mischievously.
Siri turned around and started to count as I ran in the opposite direction to my parents’ ship. I knew how to lower the ramp silently, even though I was only five. I went in, raised the ramp, and turned on the emergency lights in the cabin. I hid in the cockpit underneath the flight panel, giggling to myself. Siri would never be able to find me.
I could hear her calling my name outside of the ship. A couple of minutes later, I could hear the ramp lowering and the door sliding open. Figuring it’d be Siri, I sat as still as possible and tried to keep my giggles silent. I figured Siri would call out and ask if I was there, but all I heard were footsteps. I saw the boots of the man before I saw his face, and realized that I was now in trouble. I shrunk back deeper underneath the panel, hoping he would go away and not see me. The man sat down in the pilot’s seat and started the engines. Fear started to creep into my heart as I realized he wasn’t going away. Alerts went off as the stranger ran a sensor sweep of the ship, making sure he was the only one on board. He pulled out his blaster and stood up, looking around the ship. He turned around and bent down to look underneath the panel; he was nicer looking than I thought he’d be, but it didn’t lessen my fear any. He smiled and extended his other hand. “Come on out, I won’t hurt you.” I shook my head and drew my knees up to my chest. He didn’t withdraw his hand or his smile. “I promise I won’t; I never hurt little girls.”
I looked at his hand then back up at his face, and slowly, timidly, I took his hand and he helped me out from underneath the panel. When I stood up and looked out the cockpit window, I realized that we were already nearing the outer atmosphere of Serenno. Panicked, I turned to the stranger. “I want to go home. Take me home.”
He pricked my arm with something sharp. “You will be home soon…very soon.” I remembered no more of the trip to Jabiim.

A/N: this chapter is also a lot longer than I first thought.

I think in the re-reading I'm appreciating the flashbacks more. It used to be slightly disappointing to have a whole new update . . . that was only a flashback. :p But in the greater scheme of things, they add more to the moment and give readers a clearer picture of the emotions going on. I like them. :)

I think in the re-reading I'm appreciating the flashbacks more. It used to be slightly disappointing to have a whole new update . . . that was only a flashback. :p But in the greater scheme of things, they add more to the moment and give readers a clearer picture of the emotions going on. I like them. :)

Thank you. I try to incorporate them because it makes me double check how I'm connecting things and tying up loose ends.

Chapter Thirteen: Part 2 of 3

“Yes, yes, I do remember now. He drugged me and sold me to some slavers” I said slowly. “And…I know who it was.”
“Who?” Ben asked.
“Jango Fett. I should have remembered that sooner!” I replied. “Nearly every member of the Fett family has worked for the Hutts at one point or another.”
“You told me he beat you badly one day” Ben said puzzled. “If he didn’t hurt you once, why would he hurt you later?”
I shrugged. “How should I know? Maybe since there wasn’t profit in it for him when I was 11 he decided to use me for a punching bag.”
“Siri was frantic when she realized what had happened. She immediately told your parents, and they became panicked as well, though they tried to hide it” Jolee said, breaking our conversation with each other. “They wanted to look for you, but the only way they could get around easily was to take their ship, which was taken. And since they had no idea where you were taken, they didn’t venture far from Serenno. They scoured the entire planet and the surrounding planets; and their search took several years. They sent Siri to Coruscant for fear that she might be kidnapped or disappear. Your parents were…how should I say this, a bit eccentric.”
Ben smiled. “Well, that explains Petra.”
I glared at him. “Very funny. I’m not eccentric.”
Ben shrugged and Jolee continued. “Anyway, they never planned to give either of you away to the Jedi, but when you disappeared, they were paranoid about Siri being kidnapped from Serenno, so they sent her to Coruscant. Like I said, they never imagined you were taken all the way to the Outer Rim. If they had known, they would have gone to Tattoine and tried to find you.”
“It wouldn’t have done much good. My mom, Anakin and I resided on a planet near Tattoine until Ani turned 3. That’s when we were sold to the Hutts” I said quietly.
“What planet?” Jolee asked.
“Jabiim, about a light year from Tattoine” I replied. I then spotted a picture covered in dust sitting on a table. I went over and picked it up, dusting it off with the edge of my robe. I realized it was a picture of my parents, Siri, and me, not long after I had turned three. Ben stood behind me looking over my shoulder.
“Siri could pass for your twin” he said softly. I nodded. “Maybe that’s why I had such a feeling of déjà vu when I first met you.”
“The way you looked at me made the hair stand up on the back of my neck” I said, turning to look at him. “You looked as if you’d seen a ghost.”
“I thought I had” Ben said. “Petra, I need to tell you something…about the kids.”
“What kids?” I asked.
“Excuse us, Jolee. Come on Petra” he said. He led me outside to the back where we sat underneath a tree.
“Ben what is this about?”
His eyes met mine. “Zett and Luke were killed by Anakin. Luke was killed directly; Zett was killed by Anakin’s clone troopers. I didn’t tell you because of everything that had happened.”
“Anakin nearly killed me, Kenobi. Should I be surprised that he killed my children too?” I asked angrily. “I knew he was crazed, but now I realize fully just how much.”
“Yes, he was crazed with the lust for power. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you sooner” Ben said quietly. I buried my outward anger and sat back down. “And I’m sorry that all this happened. It’s my fault for asking you to marry me and expecting you to put up with all this.”
I rested my hand on his arm. “Kenobi, I accepted that marriage offer, remember?”
“Only because you had to take care of Anakin. That was the only reason” he said, his voice starting to become choked.
“No, that’s what you think. I married you because I loved you, Obi-Wan Kenobi” I said.

Back