Star Trek v. Star Wars

just curiosity directed to all Trekkies out there. I was watching the last episode (the finale!) yesterday of Star Wars and must admit I didn't quite get it (I just started watching the series again recently). Did Commander Tucker really die? And was the last episode about how the Captain made a speech to form the federation? Another episode followed (about borgs) but it hardly felt like the finale. What is going on?

just because this is probably the best place to say this...

STAR TREK ENTERPRISE ENDED YESTERDAY!!!! IT'LL B THE FIRST TIME IN 12 YEARS WHERE STAR TREK ISN'T ON TV

*crying*

stupid fox and wanting a better demographic :mad:

Sorry

Of all the Star Trek I have watched, I didn't get into Enterprise, so I cannot offer you an explanation of the final episode.

And I know the debate in this thread is kind of dated, but let me defend my beloved Star Trek. Trek is superior to Star Wars in my mind because:

1. It's the original and has been around for years in all different incarnations: TV, movies, books. And the books are way cool! They go off after different characters, it's great.

2. Because it was on TV for so many years, as previously noted, the characters could develop and change over time, which was very cool.

3. Whereas Star Wars is all the story of one family and one -- story -- Star Trek followed a whole bunch of different characters in different situations, and branched out in so many cool ways.

4. I admit it ... grew up with it! I was a baby when the Original Star Trek was on TV, but I grew up with re-runs, and then the Next Generation and so on, so I have to love it.

Nothing against Star Wars, cuz I love that, too. Episode One was just on TV and I watched it all over again ... baby Darth Vader ... so sad ...

Alright! Another Star Trek fan!

I like Star Wars, but there are just too many contradictions in the mythology (if you can even call it that). If Lucas could just get his stories straight and make them consistent, I think that Star Wars would rule, but sadly, each movie discredits the movie that came before it.

(this is an old thread i beileve, but I'm bringing it back :D) Well, I like the 3rd Star Wars movie alot... but i'm not up for either much...

well Legolas we respect your ppinion but seeing as you can't commit to either you must be sent away..Only Joking my love! Fair enough. If you'd asked me about 10 yrs ago which i preferd I would've given you a blank look and walked off, but times and tastes change..appreciatre your stand! lol

rosymole said:
well Legolas we respect your opinion but seeing as you can't commit to either you must be sent away..Only Joking my love! Fair enough. If you'd asked me about 10 yrs ago which i preferd I would've given you a blank look and walked off, but times and tastes change..appreciatre your stand! lol

LOL! Well, i must say, "please please please don't ban me" *crying and begging at rosy's feet* jk. Your rank i see has been changed to "Darth Rosy". Thats great!! :D

legolas said:
LOL! Well, i must say, "please please please don't ban me" *crying and begging at rosy's feet* jk. Your rank i see has been changed to "Darth Rosy". Thats great!! :D

All credit to Inkspot for giving me the idea! I shan't be turning to the dark side really- despite how fun it looks!

Star Wars for me! The entire SW universe: books, comics and all the movies. You may find this hard to believe, but the more I read the clone war/prequel books and watch the movies, I'm prefering the PT over OT).

I never quite got into the Star Trek world. It just didn't appeal to me.

I'm so upset, missing Star Trek last night for a dismal Canada Day fireworks display. I must admit, the more I watch Star Trek, the more I'm becoming obsessed! My loyalty to Star Wars is dwindling!

Speaking of Star Wars, Narnian Jedi you're not the only one into Star Wars literature! I used to love the Jedi Apprentice Series!

Tarkheena_Finduilas22 said:
Star Wars is DONE so now we should all be into Star Wars. I only liked the Next Generation...

Star Wars will never be done while the Expanded Universe still thrives...;) With the books, it doesn't have to end at Ep III.

Back