Write a Note to the Person Above You III

Dear TSI,

Nice to see you around! Yeah...a lot can happen in two years. But I hope the results of your growing experience have been positive. :)

- Glen

it's been a ROUGH past couple years in many ways but I'm still kicking! So much has changed (more than I can or want to get into here), but I've been growing and changing and....growing hurts sometimes.

I remember when I used to visit this place every day but it seems that internet fourms are a dying breed. I do miss this place.

SPAN-INQ!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so glad to see you around again. I share Glen's sentiments. I hope you're doing well in every way.

Dear Glen,

Did you know that Span-Inq is back? I wanted to let you know just in case you missed it.

Regards,

Everyone's Favorite Telmarine

Dear Sopes,

*cliffsplats* Also, isn't calling yourself everyone's favorite Telmarine a bit self-congratulatory, considering that you are the only Telmarine on TDL? (Glozelle doesn't make the cut until he gets his own account and stops using other people's.)

With a maddenly wise look at the horizon,
Glen

Dear Glen,

Today, I bought some wooden planks at the hardware store. The people there were not as condescending as I thought they would be. While in line for the man who operates the machine that can cut through anything, my friend made eye contact with the man waiting in front of us. He immediately unfolded a large piece of paper containing a detailed plan of his kitchen and explained it to us. I then told him I was building a shelf. My friend said I didn't even have an electric drill. The man said, oh. I said that I had a little screwdriver and huge muscles. The man hid his disbelief excellently. After the man with the machine had parted the other man's bamboo kitchen boards, we parted ways.
I'll keep you posted about the shelf. I know you believe in me, and that's worth a lot.

Sincerely,
Freckles

Dear Freckles,

Of course I believe you can build the shelf. You always become highly motivated when you're trying a new and creative method of displaying your shrunken head collection.

Sincerely,
Glen

Dear Glenburne,

In a way, "shrunken head collection" is an apt metaphor for a library.

I built the shelf today; it was fun. I have blisters on my hand now, but I also have a shelf, which I expect will last longer than the blisters, so I look upon them as transitory battle scars.

Thank you for your faith: unlike my shelf, unwavering.

Sincerely,
Freckles

Dear Freckles,

Congratulations on your completed shelf, although I do think that the dead Peruvian tribtesmen in your shrunken head collection would probably object to being called a "library." They would prefer "Extremely Fearsome Wielders of Blow Guns Who Once Achieved Great Power over Death."

Sincerely,
Glen

Dear Glen,

I thought long and hard about what you wrote, but in the end, I realized that unfortunately, I don't care what dead Peruvian tribesmen may or may not prefer.

Anyway, all that your insistent remarks on the above topic do is remind me of the Knight Bus in HP.

Sincerely,
Freckles

Dear Freckles,

You're a Muggle and ineligible for the Knight Bus. But cheer up, Freckles, you will still get to see some magic when the dead Peruvian tribesmen chase you down and make their revenge.

Sincerely,
Glen

Dear Glen,

Some magic would be nice. In its absence, I will make microwave popcorn, which is the closest thing to magic available to me right now.

Sincerely,
Freckles

Dear Freckles,

A bunch of dead Peruvian tribesmen just ran down the street past my house. They seem to have come up the Isthmus of Panama by bus and are trying to catch a plane flying to Munich.... I can only assume that you are about to have guests.

On the bright side, they are wearing war paint.

Sincerely,
Glen

Dear Glen,

You're really determined to follow the story of the D.B.T. to the end, aren't you? They'll probably have a very long and boring sojourn at a Panamanian airport. I'm just going to lean back and relax (can't we fuse that expression to "lean rebax"? I would so like that).

Also, saying "Panamanian" is fun.

Sincerely
Freckles

Dear Freckles,

You don't have time to fuse expressions; there are dead Peruvian tribesmen on your tail. But here's an energy drink to consume while you're waiting.

By the way, do the shrunken heads in your collection ever give you bad looks? Just wondering.

Sincerely,
Glen

Dear Glen,

If there's one thing I hate more than the D.P.T., it's probably energy drinks. If you care anything about my emotional equilibrium, talk about something else. How about hashtags?

Sincerely,
Freckles

Dear Freckles,

*grits teeth*

*grits teeth*

*grits teeth*

*orders three hundred fifty-six energy drinks and mails them to Freckles*

Resentfully,
Glen

Dear Glenburne,

Many thanks. Now I have something to shoot at on (almost) every day of the year.

Sincerely,
Freckles

PS. With a bow and arrow. I'm not stupid.

Dear Freckles,

I guess bullets aren't knife-like enough for you?

Your obvious obsession with all things impaled is rather disturbing.

Sincerely,
Glen

Dear Glenburne,

My gaze pierces cloud, shadow, earth, and flesh. Anyway, you're just trying to distract from your own issues. What is way worse than a little impaling fad? Obstinacy. Yes, your mother has told me all about the time when you refused to eat your mushrooms and stuffed them into the cracks in the Wailing Wall. So maybe I'm pointing fingers, but at least I'm not pointing pigs. Hmpf.

Sincerely
Freckles

Dear Freckilina,

I refuse to believe that obstinance is as bad as you make it out to be.

I am also very confused at all the various forms of the root "obstinate".

Regards,

Mikey

Sopes,

Pretty sure nothing is as bad as Freckles makes it out to be.

Because, usually, it's worse.

Sincerely,
Glen

Back