The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans > Cair Paravel > Cair Paravel Event Center

Notices

Cair Paravel Event Center Here we have event planning and announcements!

Old 10-03-2013, 05:11 AM
Perelandrian

Benisse is just really niceBenisse is just really niceBenisse is just really niceBenisse is just really niceBenisse is just really nice
Default Unofficial December Meetup

In Honor of C.S. Lewis the center of Christianity, Culture and the Arts at Biola University is hosting a series of free performances and presentations based on his works. If any of you are available the first week in December and would like to participate in an informal meet-up in the Los Angeles area on 12/4 for either Screwtape or The Great Divorce, please pm me and I will coordinate our gathering that day.

Here is the link for the 12/2-6 full schedule for The Stories of C.S. Lewis in case you can not join us on 12/4 (or if you want to attend additional programs) Note: the 12/6 chapel will touch on the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, and in "Be Thou My Vision," the 12/2 chapel will discuss the sanctified imagination of C.S. Lewis. I hope to attend all of these presentations, and maybe connect with some of you there!

Note: The programs occurring during Biola Chapel end at 10:20 am. So on Wednesday 12/4 during the interim between readings from the Screwtape Letters, we can migrate to an off-campus site (like my church or hopefully somewhere closer) to eat, hang out and view C.S. Lewis documentaries/Narnia adaptations, collaborate on finishing our Narniopoly project and actually playing it (!) or other Narniac past-times. Then we will head back to Biola for dinner and the performance of The Great Divorce.

Xin Yesu... Xiang Yesu
Believe Jesus... Be like Jesus

Last edited by Benisse; 10-04-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:41 AM
Friend of Narnia

CORIN THUNDERFIST II has a spectacular aura aboutCORIN THUNDERFIST II has a spectacular aura aboutCORIN THUNDERFIST II has a spectacular aura about

I'd love to be there, but as this is being held in the U.S.A there is no way I can attend. I therefore look forward to reports by you, and those others who are present.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:32 PM
Friend of Narnia

Copperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to all

I wish I could attend; but given my financial condition, I might as well be in Britain with Corin, for all that I can afford to travel to California from Colorado.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:12 AM
Knight of Narnia

BarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to BarbarianKing Send a message via Yahoo to BarbarianKing

I will be there! Maybe that's an incentive to Corin He'll be like, "the famous BarbarianKing'll be there! Ima gettin'!

I makes me banners

Check out my THREAD about meeting Georgie and Will Poulter!
Read my short fanfic about Reepicheep's prophesy.

My graphics thread
My other writing thread.
My DeviantArt Gallery

I am free from the taint of neutrality.
-T. Roosevelt
Old 04-12-2014, 06:04 PM
Fresh Bread?

fernshirehobbit is a jewel in the roughfernshirehobbit is a jewel in the roughfernshirehobbit is a jewel in the roughfernshirehobbit is a jewel in the rough

Hmmm... Sadly this was a few weeks prior to my return to the states. Had it been a month later, I could have gone... I really wish we could do another giant conferency thing...
Old 04-13-2014, 11:28 AM
Friend of Narnia

CORIN THUNDERFIST II has a spectacular aura aboutCORIN THUNDERFIST II has a spectacular aura aboutCORIN THUNDERFIST II has a spectacular aura about

I wonder how many of us live on this side of the pond? Perhaps we could have a get together of our own? Just a thought.
Old 04-13-2014, 12:04 PM
Fresh Bread?

fernshirehobbit is a jewel in the roughfernshirehobbit is a jewel in the roughfernshirehobbit is a jewel in the roughfernshirehobbit is a jewel in the rough

Depends on which side of the pond you are talking about
Old 04-16-2014, 02:42 AM
Perelandrian

Benisse is just really niceBenisse is just really niceBenisse is just really niceBenisse is just really niceBenisse is just really nice

I apologize I never reported on how things went. The performances of Great Divorce (standing room only) and Screwtape were a lot of fun -- well edited and acted. I also attended a lecture about C.S. Lewis and imagination, but it was basically different faculty members at Biola speaking on how CSL's works impacted them. The reader's theater of The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe was excellent, with stirring projections to enhance the setting and mood. It was great to touch base with Barbarian King as well as other Lewis lovers, including Kristi from Lion's Call. It was a fun week! Sorry it did not sync with your homecoming though, Fernie.

As for Corin and our friends across the pond, or in other corners of the USA, keep your eyes and ears open for other Lewis related events. It would be fun to have more gatherings.

Xin Yesu... Xiang Yesu
Believe Jesus... Be like Jesus

Last edited by Benisse; 04-16-2014 at 02:54 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:09 PM
Friend of Narnia

Glad it went well. Sounds like you had a really superb time!
Old 09-07-2014, 06:09 AM
Friend of Narnia

pink-cheetah is on a distinguished road

Late to the party, as always, and I wish I checked into TDL more frequently. I attended Biola for four years and just graduated this past May... I can't believe me that I missed a TDL meet-up right at my own school! But I am very happy that my alma mater was able to serve a great purpose, and that everyone had a fabulous time!

My username was registered when I was in junior high and I don't like change so I'm not changing it.
Also, no one would recognize me.