Benisse

Perelandrian
Staff member
Royal Guard
In celebration of the First Full Moon of the Year with snow cover
You all are cordially invited to the
Night of the Great Snow Dance
Sunday January 24,
on the Dancing Lawn (in the Cair Paravel forum)
8 - 10 pm Narnian time (or Central Standard Time)

Drop in when you can and stay for dancing, refreshments, and general snowplay and merrymaking.

Please bring a warm drink, vegetarian snack or dessert to share.

Also please note: all entries for the Letters to Father Christmas contest are due by the time the last dance is over.

a92SFXY.jpg

dragging out folding tables and tablecloths out from the Modlounge.
looks at the time -- oops I'm running late!

brings in snowflakes & snow cones :)

brings in dozens of paper snowflakes & some snow cones for the great snow dance, sorry that i'm late putting up decorations

Ohhhh Short Angel those decorations look terrific!
If you set up the snow cones on that side over there I will set up the hot chocolate and mulled cider over here.

The Faun Flautist and Dwarf Drumline should be here soon to set up near the refreshment table too.

*Steps in through the window and tips my hat*

Sorry mates, I'm jus' passin' though, I can't stay... Too much to do tonight. But I wanted to drop off some Apple Cider and also some Buckeyes...

10 points if you know what a Buckeye is! (And it's not the tree nut and or an Ohio State Fan)

Thanks for the cider -- smells lovely, Macchia!
but I sincerely hope buckeyes do not have to do with stags' ocular organs...

Wow those look incredible, Mate!
And here comes the Faun Flautist...

Attachments

• faun flautist.jpg
    faun flautist.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 285
Arr, yeah, there were more of 'em, but... er... they somehows got eaten along the way... I blame me invisible cat Pierre... Speakin' of which, have you seen him?... so to speak...

Macchia --
Is this the cat you are looking for? He is supervising the snow pack on the dancing area so it won't become too icy.

Attachments

• invisible cat.jpeg
    invisible cat.jpeg
    1.7 KB · Views: 287
Aye, he looks similar but not quite like that... But I think I heard him rustling around in the bushes jus' now... Probably lookin' for somethin' else to eat.

Anyways, like I said, I can't be stayin'... Thankee very much for your hospitality though! See you 'round!

*Chips for Pierre the cat and suddenly an invisible weight appears on Machia's shoulder as he grabs a rope hanging outside the window and climbs down the side of the building*

Few may recall it, but in the heyday of TDL roleplaying, Copperfox ran a vegetarian restaurant called The Octopus Garden, in honor of a Beatles song. For this occasion. Copperfox revives his restaurant in the form of a food-service van.

The first offering is an example of trying new ingredient combinations. Copperfox has cooked a kettle of kidney beans and black beans, but mixed in pieces of celery, cucumber, potatoes and apples! He has found all this stuff to go together well in the non-internet world.

Soup is just perfect for weather like this! :p

The Cat who is not Pierre has just told me that the dancing lawn is properly prepared.

(Snow Flute link) Music starts...

Copperfox transforms into the superhero Grey Eagle, so he can use his power of gravity manipulation to make himself only weigh forty pounds, despite his accursed pot belly. This enables him to dance as lightly as any Faun.

As the Mihai Toma videos are projected by some arcane magic, Grey Eagle greatly enjoys the music. But the "Balada" segment is a bittersweet thing for him, as the stupefying beauty of the girl doing gymnastic dance reminds him of just how old he is.

Last edited:
Thanks for reminding me, Copperfox -- Linking to Youtube does not imply endorsement of that site as a whole. Watch with caution (although the video I linked is simply winter scenes.)

YouTube does keep going of its own accord, one thing after another.

In my mundane existence, the main reason I go on YouTube is to be able to hear various theme music from movies and TV. Shows hardly anyone remembers may still have good music.

But now, back to the party. I'm unveiling another of my specialties: butternut squash, cut in half lengthwise, then slow-baked with a basting of olive oil, and topped with many alternate ingredients. One squash is overlaid with chopped asparagus, another with sliced tomatoes (added late in that case, so they don't get overcooked), another with sunflower seeds, and so on.

thanks for bringing the cider & hot chocolate benisse :)

thanks for bringing the hot apple cider & hot chocolate benisse it's yummy :) don't mind if i stay around & have some Buckeyes they sound yummy to me,

Since tap dancing is physically impossible on snowy ground, Copperfox finds a Dryad and teaches her to dance the tango. This is not as out-of-place as some will think, because the people of Finland, a VERY snowy country, love the tango.

Yummy squash, Copperfox! And your tango belies your age ;)
A toast to you and Shortangel and all who contributed to the decorations and refreshments!
And now let us raise a glass to the Great Lion Aslan and the Emperor beyond the Sea!

zFALE3R.jpg

...Ah, now the orchestra is really warming up :) I better excuse myself to round up everyone for the Great Snow Dance finale! But where are Mr. and Mrs. Polar Bear? They promised to lead us off?

a92SFXY.jpg

Thank you all for coming and celebrating with us!
[This event is now over.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back