The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans > The Lantern Waste > The Lamp-post

The Lamp-post It returns, the general topic forum, combining the general discussion threads from Tumnus, International and Wood between the worlds.

Old 08-26-2012, 06:29 PM

Octesian is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Octesian
Default The TDL Couple

It’s been a while since I’ve ,TDL

Last edited by Octesian; 11-07-2014 at 11:20 AM.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:32 PM
Fresh Bread

LadyAlambil is an unknown quantity at this point

This is Natalie (previously MrsKeynes x3). When my family made plans to visit my brother in Florida (he’s in the air force and travels around), I knew it was the perfect opportunity to finally meet Adam. My parents knew how much this meant to me, and they literally drove me to St. Augustine (about an hour and half from Adam) so we could meet up. He rented a hotel near my family’s hotel, and I remember the exact moment I saw him. His face lit up and I knew this was the boy I loved and would love forever. We were both so nervous and excited, and exploring St. George Street together was by far the best moment of my life up until that point. I remember us eating at a little pizza shop and a stranger had come up and whispered something into his ear. Adam wouldn’t tell me what he said until weeks afterward. The man had told Adam to hold my hand.
Everything about the trip was beautiful and romantic, and it was incredibly sad for me driving back to Ohio. In the weeks that followed, I did everything I could to find a place to stay in Adam’s town, and I applied to colleges in the area. What’s weird is how easy things seemed to fall into place after that. I enrolled where Adam went to, and I found a lovely place to rent right down the street from his home. My parents loved Adam and knew he would make me happy, and they did everything they could do to help.
This forum changed my life, and I feel immeasurably grateful for this. When I first met Adam online, I began having doubts about life and God. Five years later, I can’t help but feel that meeting Adam can’t have been an accident. I’ve been battling depression and anxiety, and Adam’s been my angel to get me through tough times, and his love is overwhelming. Because he found me on this website in 2007, I am living literally two minutes from him today in a beautiful rented out cottage on a lake, and I genuinely feel that he saved me. I feel like life is something sacred now and I’m sorry for ever have taken it for granted.
We do everything together these days. I’m going to his college and we’re taking a history course together this fall. I attend his church now every week, and we spend virtually all of our free time together. I feel so lucky and blessed, and I want to thank the creators of TDL for allowing this to happen.

St. Augustine (May 2012)

Us today (August 2012)
Old 08-26-2012, 10:21 PM
Knight of the Stone Table

PrinceOfTheWest is a jewel in the roughPrinceOfTheWest is a jewel in the roughPrinceOfTheWest is a jewel in the roughPrinceOfTheWest is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to PrinceOfTheWest Send a message via MSN to PrinceOfTheWest

Hey, this is great! You're the second couple I know who met through TDL (the first is now engaged!) I'm glad that your relationship began with a good, sound friendship over common interests. I'll pray that Aslan keeps you between His paws as you seek the best for each other.

(I took the liberty of correcting the spelling of the thread name.)

Officially Elected Dancing Lawn Dad & Mage Verger
(Play courteously! Your father is watching!)
Old 08-26-2012, 11:01 PM
Devourer of Threads

Gondorgirl is a glorious beacon of lightGondorgirl is a glorious beacon of lightGondorgirl is a glorious beacon of lightGondorgirl is a glorious beacon of lightGondorgirl is a glorious beacon of light

Aww, this is so sweet. I'm very happy for you guys. Thank you for sharing!

Machia and Liz (Machiatemarshwiggle and fish_wwjd_frog, my brother and sister-in-law) didn't meet on TDL but it helped them get to know each other better so they're a TDL couple too.

Leave the past right where itís at
Be more heart and less attack

Old 08-27-2012, 01:06 AM
Friend of Narnia

amdd97 has a spectacular aura aboutamdd97 has a spectacular aura aboutamdd97 has a spectacular aura about

I am happy for you guys, even though I didn't know you back then. You look great in the photos.

I take requests

"Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and above all, pity those who live without love" A. Dumbledore

"I l will live as a Narnia even if there is no Narnia"

Old 08-27-2012, 04:46 AM
Knight of Narnia

BarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to BarbarianKing Send a message via Yahoo to BarbarianKing

Thank you so much for sharing this story. It's awesome and sweet. We all have a lot to thank CS Lewis for. I also believe like Natalie, that finding each other in these forums was not an accident. Thanks also for sharing the photos, you look like the perfect couple! I wish you many, many years of love and happiness together.

PS. Don't be strangers. We'd love to hear from both of you from time to time how things are going.

I makes me banners

Check out my THREAD about meeting Georgie and Will Poulter!
Read my short fanfic about Reepicheep's prophesy.

My graphics thread
My other writing thread.
My DeviantArt Gallery

I am free from the taint of neutrality.
-T. Roosevelt

Last edited by BarbarianKing; 08-27-2012 at 04:55 AM.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:17 AM

Honza will become famous soon enough

What an awesome story. Puts my faith back in true love! Amazing. Congratulations to both of you.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:05 PM
Pandawan

MissReepicheep is just really niceMissReepicheep is just really niceMissReepicheep is just really niceMissReepicheep is just really niceMissReepicheep is just really nice

What an amazing story! I'm thrilled to hear how TDL brought you two together. You're an adorable couple, and I wish you much happiness together! ^.^

I made my banner and avatar.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:37 PM
Perelandrian

Benisse is just really niceBenisse is just really niceBenisse is just really niceBenisse is just really nice

Loved your sharing and your photos Adam and Natalie... May you continue to grow in your relationship with one another and with God as you enter a new semester. Onward and upward!

Xin Yesu... Xiang Yesu
Believe Jesus... Be like Jesus

Old 08-28-2012, 12:10 PM
Friend of Narnia

Zella is a jewel in the roughZella is a jewel in the roughZella is a jewel in the roughZella is a jewel in the rough

Oh, what a wonderful story! Thank you both so much for sharing.

That is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep;
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to; 'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd.