Do you guys think they're going to make a Voyage of the Dawn Treader game?

Lucy Fan

I enjoyed some parts of the PC game, but 90% of it was battles and it got tiresome after a while, but that is what PC is about.

Now, if you think about Dawn Treader in that most of the time is spent on the ship and I'm wondering if that might get tiresome as well. I know it would be best to wait until the movie comes out to see how the game might play out. I know that it depends on if game companies want to make the game, etc.

I was curious to know what you guys think. :)

I think they will make a game but I don't know how it would play out. I, personally, don't play much games based on movies (I also seldom watch movies based on games)

I think they will make a VDT game for certain. Wasn't there an article on it a while back, confirming a company that was going to make it.. Or am I crazy perhaps? LOL. The problem is, as BarbarianKing said, how it will play out...

Hopefully not too battle-like. I think that the battles sort of fit the other movie games - the LWW videogame was 99.9 percent battles (but not good at all), and PC was a good 65-70 percent(and an amazing game). But VDT cannot be more than maybe 20 or 30 percent without going overboard... Maybe.

I know whatever it is, I'll buy the game.

Most definitely. While we may think of games as being a distinct kind of media that takes time and effort (like, oh I dunno, a movie), most companies see it as just another part of the merchandising bonanza that comes with any movie release. From what I understand on most movies the same guy producing the t-shirts, coffee mugs, and action figures, is also overseeing the game (to make sure it is on schedule, and such), which is probably why so many movie games are so bad.

I did read somewhere that some company is going to be making a VDT game. I will probably buy it, even though I wasn't too impressed with the PC game.

They're definitely going to make a game of it. Every major movie gets an accompanying game. The real question is: will it be good? Probably not. It seems like a somewhat awkward setting to pull off, more suited to a Role-Playing-Game than any other genre. But those are expensive to make. I predict that they'll make another hack/slash game and it won't be very good.

There will be but it will be HORIBLE. The only good movie based games that I've ever played wore the lord of the rings two towers and return of the king.

I think that they can make an interesting VODT game. There are several different activities that could be put on the ship. And they could let you explore the different islands and such. But it would be really cool if they could just make this totally awesome game that was like the best ever! I could come up with a lot of different good game ideas. Too bad they don't have meworking on this game!

I hope not.

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of computer games based on movies.

But, in my opinion, Prince Caspian is a long step below Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, in terms of quality.

So, unless they can bring the standard up again, they shouldn't bother making another game.

They probably will. I have the PC video game for the Wii, and I love it (except that I'm frustrated because I can't get past the Ruins of Cair Paravel level!!!!). I'd probably buy a Dawn Treader Wii game if they make one.

They probably will. I have the PC video game for the Wii, and I love it (except that I'm frustrated because I can't get past the Ruins of Cair Paravel level!!!!). I'd probably buy a Dawn Treader Wii game if they make one.

Yes, I was stuck at Aslan's How for about a year on the Wii PC game!!! Ha Ha. It drove me crazy!!!!
But I really do hope they make a VDT game. :) Even if it also frustrates me for another year. :D

Disney has a website that tells you how to get past anything in the game. The site address is on the game case. Some support website. Its the only way i got past that level, too!

What would be neat is if they made a game based in the world of Narnia that allowed you to sail to different lands (not necessarily as the Dawn Treader), explore, do quests, all the while having a main plot. It could be like that Pirates of the Caribbean game Bethesda made for the XBox - you weren't a main PotC character, but it was based in the same world and you could sail your own ship.

But, in my opinion, Prince Caspian is a long step below Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, in terms of quality.

OH GOD YES!
That is absolutely true! The wer-wolf looked like it had tube-socks for arms(this is the nintendo DS version) and some of the other animated characters were far from well done.
The end of the game is do-or-die,meaning they don't tell you how to defeat or even HINT how to do it. They just leave you there with the witch until you lose all your lives.
I remember reading some interviews with the actors and they said the game was UN-MANAGABLE. I also saw some Pictures of William Moseley and Ben Barnes getting to test out the XBOX version and they had these veeeeeeeeery confused and frustrated looks on their faces.

But to a video game genius like my sister,it was also too easy. She got it done in under an hour! If they make another game,hopefully it will be good but I'm still not going to play it because of un-explainable health reasons.

Back