The Temptation of Lucy and Transformation of Eustace

Welcome Kaleb, I didn't see you post before!

I agree with PoTW, while it was different than it was in the book to have Eustace remain in dragon form for a lot of the film, I rather liked what they did with it -- it gave him a more important role to play and added excitement without taking away from the theme of redemption.
I also liked that deviation from the book. :)

The transformation itself kind of disappointed me, for it is nothing at all like I imagined it, but I see why the change was necessary.

These things didn't come out that clearly in the book, though it did actually fit into the plot, to spice it up a little, they did a really good job with it.

Now I'm so much looking forward to the release of the DVD!!! :D

Most of my problem was with Eustace, they never found out what happened to the missing Lord of the Bracelet like they did in the book.

Most of my problem was with Eustace, they never found out what happened to the missing Lord of the Bracelet like they did in the book.
Which Lord was he again? I always get my secondary Characters mixed up. Was he the one that was being held captive by the Slavers in the book? The movie is full of plot holes anyway, but that's another argument all together...

Which Lord was he again? I always get my secondary Characters mixed up. Was he the one that was being held captive by the Slavers in the book? The movie is full of plot holes anyway, but that's another argument all together...

He was the other dragon that Eustace saw before he got that braclet from the treasure.

He was the other dragon that Eustace saw before he got that braclet from the treasure.
Oh! Yes,actually, they did when Edmund and Caspian think Eustace was killed by a Dragon and the find his journal, they make note of the skeleton remains(the one Eustace gets the bracelet from). Caspian identifies him as the lord by his armor. the only thing about the lord from the book that is different, is that Eustace sees him Die before he transforms, something the movie omitted.

Actually, in the book there's never any resolution as to whether the other dragon was Lord Octesian or whether the dragon had just killed Lord Octesian. The only thing they could conclude was that the Lord made it no further than that island.

The movie, of course, was different.

Actually, in the book there's never any resolution as to whether the other dragon was Lord Octesian or whether the dragon had just killed Lord Octesian. The only thing they could conclude was that the Lord made it no further than that island.

The movie, of course, was different.

Ah, I was kind of going by the BBC accidentally.

I have to say something that I enjoyed, nay.... was refreshed by, was how they depict Edmund and Caspian as older, more mature, and nobler than in PC. There seems to be more substance to their characters and I thought the actors did a nice job in that department. I also like how they take Eustace(albeit speedily) from an annoying brat to a young man of honor and nobility in this one. I found myself rooting for him, knowing there was something of value in him.

Lucy's temptation is an interesting one to me in this movie. I actually like certain aspects of it better than in the book (believe it or not). I love the way she doesn't hesitate to repent after her encounter with Aslan, but with urgency and determination she gets up and destroys the spell. This attitude of the heart is something that pleases God, and something that makes Lucy a friend and warrior you would fight alongside with.

Back