Update On The Next Film

They do have color illustrated books. They are mainly in paperbacks. I have The Magician's Nephew with illustrations that are in color and the marvelous to look at. You can view and get the color illustrated books online here: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...cles+of+narnia+full+color+collector's+edition The last time I checked Barnes and Noble has them too. Another way to get Narnia action that is close to the BBC films is by listening to the Focus On The Family radio productions of the Narnia books. You can get them for cheap on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Chronicles-Na...=1373744979&sr=1-1&keywords=narnia+audiobooks

Last edited:
I have a set of the books that have the color illustrations, including a publishing-grade paperback of Dawn Treader printed for Narnia's 50th anniversary. That has every color Baynes illustration that she drew for the story - there are a lot of them.

That was the good part about the last movie (VDT), it included the illustrations by Pauline Baynes during the ending credits.:D

That was the good part about the last movie (VDT), it included the illustrations by Pauline Baynes during the ending credits.:D
I loved the credits with the original illustrations! Actually, the scene in the film of Reep's goodbye makes me cry, and then the credits with those illustrations are so nostalgic for me, I am usually tearing up during the credits, too! Last time I watched VDT was on an airplane, on my Kindle Fire, and I was all hunched over the machine so no one would see me crying ... during the credits!

Yes, the illustrations was a nice touch with VDT. Too bad they couldn't stick to the actual story in the movie though. :rolleyes:

I can't say I'm terribly excited at the prospect of a new film. Even though nothing has been set in stone, and I'm pretty sure it will be a while before anyone attempts to put Narnia on the silver screen again, my desire to see films made out of these books has dwindled in the light of Dawn Treader's trampling on the story (and please don't give me that tired old line of "It was closer to the book than PC" or "it was more like the first film"). Let me just have the books and no film version to ruin my own imagination, please.

I know you're banned, but I will say this: if you're going to claim something, please back it up with evidence. If you can't find an online version of this illustration...then find it in a book. Otherwise, don't say it exists. I've never seen this so-called "illustration", and so it's either because it doesn't exist in your context, not at all, or I've never seen it in my versions of the books.

Now, your reasoning makes no sense whatsoever. "her horse was white and called snowflake"? That's your basis for The Green Lady and Jadis being the same? That's very flimsy reasoning, and has a big enough hole in it to not hold any amount of water. Thank you, but no: you will never convince me that Jadis and the Green Lady are one and the same with baseless examples such as that.

EDIT: I did a little Wikipedia research, and did find the illustration probably referenced; however, a little arm bracelet is little reason to conclude that Jadis and the Green Witch are the same person; if anything, it reinforces the fact that since TMN is a parallel for Genesis in the Bible, Jadis is the serpent in the Garden of Eden. Also, I should say that in the image I found, the detail is not there to determine that Jadis is wearing a serpent bracelet. It doesn't even look like a snake from a distance, let alone up close. I blew it up to about 130%, and couldn't tell anything about it other than it being green. I'm sorry, but if they were the same person, Lewis would have written it as such. As it stands, I tend to go with the author's words. She was just a Northern witch, similar to Jadis. I think anything else would be grossly speculative and mostly wrong.

Anyway. I feel like this topic got way off subject. If (and a big if) there is another film to be released, will it matter which one it is? I feel like with Dawn Treader, they've kind of blown the franchise. Should there be a reboot of Prince Caspian and Dawn Treader, then a continuation? LWW was so well done, I don't feel that it needs a reboot. But, if someone could make LWW as well as Adamson (or even better, as I hated Tilda being the WW), then I'm all in. Thoughts?

Ok here is the drawing of Jadis with her green snake arm-let. It took a long time to do as all the restrictions of size and kbs.

Attachments

• untitled.bmp1.bmp2.bmp3.bmp4.bmp5.bmp6.bmp7.bmp
    16.5 KB · Views: 44
Ok here is the drawing of Jadis with her green snake arm-let. It took a long time to do as all the restrictions of size and kbs.

It still does NOT prove your theory. Trying to continue arguing as such only makes you look more foolish and come off as more annoying. Jadis, as everyone here knows that has any inkling of the Christianity behind the stories, is evil/Satan. Satan appears in Genesis as the serpent. The Magician's Nephew, where the illustration is from, is an allegory FOR the Creation story. Therefore, it of course makes sense that Baynes would illustrate Jadis with the serpent armlet because Jadis signifies the serpent in that particular story.

So please stop making baseless arguments for your theory. In reality, they have no real backing, and it's getting very old very quickly. In fact, it was old about the second time I had to debate it. :rolleyes: If you want to discuss this topic, then go make a thread for it in the Silver chair book forum. THIS is not the place to continually rehash this now-ridiculous argument of yours.

It still does NOT prove your theory. Trying to continue arguing as such only makes you look more foolish and come off as more annoying. Jadis, as everyone here knows that has any inkling of the Christianity behind the stories, is evil/Satan. Satan appears in Genesis as the serpent. The Magician's Nephew, where the illustration is from, is an allegory FOR the Creation story. Therefore, it of course makes sense that Baynes would illustrate Jadis with the serpent armlet because Jadis signifies the serpent in that particular story.

So please stop making baseless arguments for your theory. In reality, they have no real backing, and it's getting very old very quickly. In fact, it was old about the second time I had to debate it. :rolleyes: If you want to discuss this topic, then go make a thread for it in the Silver chair book forum. THIS is not the place to continually rehash this now-ridiculous argument of yours.

Ok where was the first Jedi temple and who trined in it?
Sorry if I am not up to speed on Narnia but I will catch up.

Thank you Pardine.

Jadis, it was very good of you to dig up that illustration and go to the trouble of posting it here! We have to keep in mind though: the illustrations did not come from CSL, so they cannot be considered CON "canon" -- they can be taken into consideration when we examine the stories, but they cannot be give the same weight as the actually text of the stories. Does that make sense?

Ok where was the first Jedi temple and who trined in it?
Sorry if I am not up to speed on Narnia but I will catch up.

You do realize that if you purposely pull the thread off topic, and you do it all the time, it can hold some consequences? I suggest you brush up on the Forum's rules of etiquette. Believe it's found under the FAQ.

And yes, ink, your post is well said. Bayne's illustrations may have been approved by Lewis, but he himself did not draw them. Therefore, her illustrations were her interpretation of the stories, not Bible truth.

Pardine, I've given up trying to tell this particular user to get back on topic. He quite obviously does not listen to that suggestion so maybe we should just all ignore it until the message is received and understood.

To add to what Aravis and Ink said about the illustrations, the arm band still doesn't matter at all. A piece of clothing or jewelry that is shown in an illustration that isn't mentioned in the story just looks good.

It also doesn't necessarily mean that the illustration is a subtle hint to link two characters together. Unless someone can actually get into Pauline's mind when she was drawing the pictures, I doubt we will ever know why she put an armband on Jadis.

MrBob

yes, very good news, The Silver Chair is going to be made. Now for the long wait.:D

I am SO SO SO Excited. Genuinely excited.

I think the time break between producing VODT and TSC will be good because - along with new creative team - it will allow the series to reinvent itself and aim at an audience that was too young for the first three films, but will also still appeal to those of us who were that age when they came out.

Back