Where They Are Now

NarniaFan95

I didn't see a thread like this, so I thought I'd make one.

I've been "checking up on" some of the actors in the Narnia films recently, curious as to what else they've done.

With stars like Liam Neeson, Tilda Swinton, James McAvoy, and Peter Dinklage, and even Will Poulter, one doesn't have to look far to find them, but with the Pevensies, I had no clue, just assuming they were all doing work in England. (I live in the US, so even things which are popular in the UK I often am completely unaware of.)

I was particularly curious as to what Skandar has been up to, so I Googled him. I was surprised to learn that he's left acting and has been working as a political advisor since 2015.
It seems to me that often young people in show business who seemingly vanish simply do so because they aren't getting any roles, but don't seem to pursue other work. It's always interesting (to me, anyway) when they simply choose to pursue a different career.

It seems that Georgie hasn't done much aside from the Narnia flicks, but remains active in the film industry. (Full disclosure, I literally just Googled her and didn't go to her IMDB page yet, lol, I'm on my way there, my internet's a little slow-going with IMDB.)

I remember Anna Popplewell being on a TV series (the name of which currently escapes me, I think it was on the CW?) a few years back, but unsure of anything more recently, same with William Moseley.

Anybody else have more info/"updates" about the cast? (Not just the Pevensies.) New/upcoming projects? Your favorite projects of theirs aside from the Narnia flicks?
I'm just curious! :)

I didn't see a thread like this, so I thought I'd make one.

I've been "checking up on" some of the actors in the Narnia films recently, curious as to what else they've done.

With stars like Liam Neeson, Tilda Swinton, James McAvoy, and Peter Dinklage, and even Will Poulter, one doesn't have to look far to find them, but with the Pevensies, I had no clue, just assuming they were all doing work in England. (I live in the US, so even things which are popular in the UK I often am completely unaware of.)

I was particularly curious as to what Skandar has been up to, so I Googled him. I was surprised to learn that he's left acting and has been working as a political advisor since 2015.
It seems to me that often young people in show business who seemingly vanish simply do so because they aren't getting any roles, but don't seem to pursue other work. It's always interesting (to me, anyway) when they simply choose to pursue a different career.

It seems that Georgie hasn't done much aside from the Narnia flicks, but remains active in the film industry. (Full disclosure, I literally just Googled her and didn't go to her IMDB page yet, lol, I'm on my way there, my internet's a little slow-going with IMDB.)

I remember Anna Popplewell being on a TV series (the name of which currently escapes me, I think it was on the CW?) a few years back, but unsure of anything more recently, same with William Moseley.

Anybody else have more info/"updates" about the cast? (Not just the Pevensies.) New/upcoming projects? Your favorite projects of theirs aside from the Narnia flicks?
I'm just curious! :)

Many childhood actors eventually choose a different career or path simply because they are very much associated with these popular movies and book characters that it's hard for them to go out of that mold and associate them with a new character once the movies are finished. Similar with Tom Felton who played Draco Malfoy and Ruper Grint who played Ron in HP. Haven't heard much from them lately.

Many childhood actors eventually choose a different career or path simply because they are very much associated with these popular movies and book characters that it's hard for them to go out of that mold and associate them with a new character once the movies are finished. Similar with Tom Felton who played Draco Malfoy and Ruper Grint who played Ron in HP. Haven't heard much from them lately.

I read that the youngest son on Home Improvement quit acting immediately after the show ended. I'm not 100% sure what career he went into, instead, but I recall him saying something about how he was pushed into acting at such a young age and it wasn't really what he wanted.

As for the Harry Potter stars, yeah, come to think of it, I haven't seen much of those two, either. I've seen less of Tom than of Rupert -- I've seen trailers for a few movies Rupert's been in, and I think he's on a TV show or something -- but they definitely haven't been as active as Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson.
I don't think the actor who played Neville has done much, either...and the last I heard of Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood), she was on Dancing With the Stars, which, to be honest, has now become more like "Dancing With the Former Stars Who Don't Have Anything Else to Do," lol.

I read that the youngest son on Home Improvement quit acting immediately after the show ended. I'm not 100% sure what career he went into, instead, but I recall him saying something about how he was pushed into acting at such a young age and it wasn't really what he wanted.

As for the Harry Potter stars, yeah, come to think of it, I haven't seen much of those two, either. I've seen less of Tom than of Rupert -- I've seen trailers for a few movies Rupert's been in, and I think he's on a TV show or something -- but they definitely haven't been as active as Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson.
I don't think the actor who played Neville has done much, either...and the last I heard of Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood), she was on Dancing With the Stars, which, to be honest, has now become more like "Dancing With the Former Stars Who Don't Have Anything Else to Do," lol.

True. The only ones that really broke into the characters of popular book characters are those that have a huge following, and even then that's not entirely the case. Examples are Emma Watson and Dan Radcliffe. Also the girl who played Sansa Stark (but I think mainly because she really put herself out there and also dated a Jonas Brother).

It's quite unfortunate because I am a fan of most child actors and it's sad not to see them on the screen anymore after that nor hear any news from them.

In at least some cases, it seems like part of the problem is that child actors don't always turn out to be very good at acting as they get older. That seemed to be the case with Bonnie Wright, the girl who played Ginny Weasley--her acting seemed to get worse as the movies progressed. Though in Wright's case, she seems more interested in directing anyway.

Georgie seems to be in the theatre. Apparently, she shied away from high school theatre when she was there as fellow students teasing her, although she did play the lead in her final year, much to some parents' consternation as she hadn't been involved with the high school theatre previous.

That information came from an article at Express.co.uk

MrBob

Some of you will be acquainted with electronic roleplay games, like Assassins' Creed, which have been adapted into movies.

The future-military game Halo has generated movies. And one of these, "Forward Unto Dawn," features Anna Popplewell as the female lead.

Back