Celtic Music

The High Kings are amazing!!!I love their stuff!My favorite is "The Rocky Road To Dublin"*sings*♪♫

Let's see, was it the Irish Rovers who recorded the humorous song about the marvellous toy that "went zip when it moved and plop when it stopped and whirr when it stood still"?

Hehe...:p..Could be..I know "The Marvelous Toy" best by The Chad Mitchell Trio,and also Peter,Paul&Mary.:D

Anyone know Silly Wizard?They're my favorite.:D

Nope I have never heard of Silly Wizard. Do they sound similar to the High Kings?

They were back in the 1980s,so they sound a little more..retro,I guess..And they have Scottish instead of Irish accents.:D
They sound funny at first,but they grew on me...their fast stuff is fun..
Heres a vid..the only one I could find.:rolleyes:I can't see it(computer blocks vids,but I'm pretty sure its them)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv0zauTaUj0

Last edited:
Thanks both of you for posting those songs, they are both great. Haha you're right Silly Wizard is a bit funny at first, but I do really like the music, I will have to look them up, for more of their stuff.

Thanks both of you for posting those songs, they are both great. Haha you're right Silly Wizard is a bit funny at first, but I do really like the music, I will have to look them up, for more of their stuff.

LOL...Yeah..They're fun...:pThe lead singer,Andy Stewart went solo in the 90s,and his albums are great as well.:D

Anyone like Wolfstone?:cool:

Hello, QSON, haven't seen you around for awhile. In view of this thread: have you ever heard of the Christian organization in Chicago, Jesus People USA? They have, or at some time they did have, an Irish-style singing group called The Crossing.

Hello, QSON, haven't seen you around for awhile. In view of this thread: have you ever heard of the Christian organization in Chicago, Jesus People USA? They have, or at some time they did have, an Irish-style singing group called The Crossing.
Yeah, I've been busy with exams and end of the year stuff, but I'm free now! :)
I haven't heard of them. I think I'll check 'em out! :)

Back