Did the last battle freak you out to?

i first rea it when i was like....well, i guess i was about eight or so....it didn't really freak me out, but i was sad at some parts....like when the bear dies.he's a very minor character and its only like one line in the book, but i always feel really sad at that part.

when i was little, reading the part about the shed scared me a bit. i was way more freaked out when reading horse and his boy though

Welcome, Vanzetti! I didn't see you post before.

Fernshire, what freaked you out about HHB?

I was inconsolable the first time I read it. I think I was 7, and my parents had only read The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe with me. They thought that the stories wouldn't have anything that would upset me and were happy to see me reading. But I read The Last Battle all at once. I had to keep reading and make sure things would be okay.

I was horrified that Shift manipulated the Narnians' love for Aslan, that Cair Paravel had been taken, when Eustace was thrown through the stable door and the worst was learning what had happened to the friends of Narnia.

I think I was too young to understand it, and now whenever we sell a set of the books at the bookstore, I tell parents to read The Last Battle before their children and then with them. I'm older now, and I understand and love the end of the books now. I know to feel sorry for Susan, even though I am convinced that she would know where they have gone and make sure Aunt Alberta and Uncle Harold knew, too, and anyone else who would listen.

And now, I mostly cry at the end of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, when they are back in the spare room, and at the ends of Prince Caspian and Dawn Treader.

I was horrified that Shift manipulated the Narnians' love for Aslan, that Cair Paravel had been taken, when Eustace was thrown through the stable door and the worst was learning what had happened to the friends of Narnia.

I skip the parts with Shift in them now that I've read the book so many times. I only read the story from Tirian's vision to the end. The whole thing with Shift irritates me. I still get frustrated with the manipulation of the Narnians, I cry when they find that Roonwit is dead and Cair is in the hands of the Calormens :(...But it doesn't bother me in the LEAST when Eustace gets thrown in (though I feel for those who don't know what's coming). When Tirian enters the stable I am excited because my favorite part of the story is about to begin--the happy part where Good ALWAYS wins and there is no more battle, pain, or manipulation! Just Aslan, the Friends, and the re-discovery of the True Narnia they have just entered into! :) It's simply grand!

i was a young child... i was reading it... it got late at night... i got to the part where their were tombs...;)
LOL! That was a scary part ...

Yah, in TLB the wretchedness of that Shift! Pretending Aslan was comanding all that stuff. That made me very distressed.

:eek:Yea, it freak me out. But, I think that it's a happy ending cuz they gone to the their fav place! Only it isn't for Susan who lose her whole family in a horrobly way n left with out fate.

i was a young child... i was reading it... it got late at night... i got to the part where their were tombs...;)

Odd, that one unsettles me now as an adult - the scene with Rabadash's plans to take back what he considers his - learning that men like Rabadash were not figments of Lewis's imagination.

Back