Giants or Patriots for Superbowl 42

I was pretty euphoric as time was winding down too. :) I didn't think the Giants had a prayer in this game, but they proved me (and almost everyone else) wrong! I'm not even a giants fan, I just wanted to see the patriots lose for many reasons: some of their star players are not very good guys to put it gently ;) (randy moss, rodney harrison, and junior seau) and it's hard to justify rooting for a team who's been caught cheating this year and strongly suspected of cheating in other seasons too.

Driad, I don't think I really have a favourite commercial. (I have some anti-favs though :rolleyes: ).

And I was rooting for the Giants all along. Even though I'm a Redskins fan... I just hated the Pats because of their smug attitude and all. ;)
I know what you mean. But my friends say I seem to be convinced that they were cheating during the season.
Of course, I'm a Niners fan, and the last time they went to the Superbowl was almost fourteen years ago.
These past couple years I've been kind of indifferent about it, since there haven't been any West coast teams.

I got mad when i found out that the Packers wernt going to the superbowl!
I was hoping the Chargers would go. They were pretty close.

The Budweiser one with the dog coaching the Clysedale was a good one. I also liked the Bill Frist Coca-Cola commercial. My favorite would have to be the Narnia one though.

Yeah I enjoyed that horse-dalmatian one too. I'm sorry though, the baby with the clown is so funny. My friend kept going on about the mouse jumping throught the wall though :D

GAAH!!!! *claws eyes out*
I can't believe the Pats lost!!! :eek:
... And I can't believe you're a Giants fan, Driad!

I'm a HUGE Pats fan [And Red Sox fan] seeing as I'm a Bostonian. :cool:

Anyway .......

My fave commercial during the Superbowl was the PC one, of course. But my little brother [he's 12] would NOT shut up about the mouse guy coming through the wall. I also liked the cavemen and the Bud Light. :p

omg the JT commercial was AMAZING!!!
Best.

The talking baby was pretty hilarious too

and the one with Shaq and the jockies lol

more, but i cant remember them at the moment.

oooh watching lizards dancing to Thriller is always good :p

OH YEAH and the one where the caveman invented the wheel LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to the football game...

yeah that was one of the most awesome catches I have ever seen. We were watching it with our youth group and everyone was actually up in the youth room at the time and it practically exploded. I can't believe Eli Manning got out of there and actually was able to throw the ball

I thought that this was the best Super Bowl EVER, not only because of the great upset of the Giants over the Patriots, but the game was really close all througout. I did like the fact that the team that really almost kept the Pats from going 16-0 were able to annihilate Tom Brady's offense and outrun the defense long enough to produce some of the greatest plays I have ever seen in order to keep the Pats from going 19-0. David Tyree's catch is most definitely the new "Catch," and should probably be dubbed "The Catch II" or something like that. Maybe it should be called "The Great Escape" due to Eli Manning's escape from the Pats' clutches (I seriously thought he was going down for the sack), and the held-to-the-helmet catch Tyree made.

Regarding commercials, some were funny, some were cheesy, some made no sense, and two in particular stood out to me. Of course the Prince Caspian trailer looked awesome, and it was probably played in a good spot during the game where (hopefully) most of the viewers were into the game so much that they didn't wan't to get up from the TV. The second commercial that made me feel really good was the one with the gigantic parade balloons going after the Coke bottle balloon. What made this one my favorite was the end when no one else but Charlie Brown comes out of no where and gets the Coke. I'm very happy that he finally got something he's deserved (so to speak) for years.

Back